Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 04:04 PM

63,766 posts, read 40,030,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I wonder what you find at www.jw.org or www.jwbroadcasting as childish ______________
Just a guess, but probably everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 04:10 PM

4,684 posts, read 6,132,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
This is why I love Queeny, It is what it is, aint it?

There aren't any Christians who can speak against pagan Easter or Pagan Christmas, we all know the church Christianized the high holy pagan days.

Is there a single person out there who can speak against Easter or Christmas?

No, there aint, ,if there is, what is his name?

What Christian is going to look down on another Christian for keeping Easter or Christmas?
United Church of God, as they keep the Sabbath, Feast Days and Dietary laws. That might be the only denomination I know of, after that its Messianic Judaism and Hebrew roots movement, that skip Christmas and Easter

Old 05-07-2019, 04:28 PM

88,504 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
United Church of God, as they keep the Sabbath, Feast Days and Dietary laws. That might be the only denomination I know of, after that its Messianic Judaism and Hebrew roots movement, that skip Christmas and Easter
Seventh-Day Adventists and Jehovah's Witnesses do not keep Christmas and Easter, IIRC.

Quakers may not, either, not sure.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:59 PM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
I don't keep it either, used to take my kids out of school, but one has to draw a line between family and dogma. I was like the dark cloud who didn't show up for family reunions because they were always held on Easter and Christmas.

I used to visit 7th day Sabbath churches because there wasn't any Messianic Judaism churches and that was my all time favorite church, the meals, I mean, if you are going to go to heaven, you can start with those meals, those freaking people can cook so good and you eat stuff you think is meat but aint. I guess their experience from cooking without meat made them experts, and if anyone should go to heaven, it's them, and if there aint a heaven, might as well eat good now. EVERY GATHERING with the astounding food.

Old 05-09-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I don't keep it either, used to take my kids out of school, but one has to draw a line between family and dogma. I was like the dark cloud who didn't show up for family reunions because they were always held on Easter and Christmas.

I used to visit 7th day Sabbath churches because there wasn't any Messianic Judaism churches and that was my all time favorite church, the meals, I mean, if you are going to go to heaven, you can start with those meals, those freaking people can cook so good and you eat stuff you think is meat but aint. I guess their experience from cooking without meat made them experts, and if anyone should go to heaven, it's them, and if there aint a heaven, might as well eat good now. EVERY GATHERING with the astounding food.

Im not big on the alienation from family due to religious differences. Im not big on Easter and Xmas anymore, but ill have dinner with my family though, where I have other family members that wont even show up saying its pagan etc, which pretty much comes off as they are better than them and they see the family as doing demon worship by simply coming together to eat.

Ive visited a Messianic Congregation a few times and ill admit they can cook and its like everyone in there seemed relived they didnt have to question what was in the food compared when you get a meal at Sunday churches lol, you gotta ask on half the menu to see if it has pork or shrimp or other food that some dont eat.

Old 05-09-2019, 09:45 AM

88,504 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Im not big on the alienation from family due to religious differences. Im not big on Easter and Xmas anymore, but ill have dinner with my family though, where I have other family members that wont even show up saying its pagan etc, which pretty much comes off as they are better than them and they see the family as doing demon worship by simply coming together to eat.

Ive visited a Messianic Congregation a few times and ill admit they can cook and its like everyone in there seemed relived they didnt have to question what was in the food compared when you get a meal at Sunday churches lol, you gotta ask on half the menu to see if it has pork or shrimp or other food that some dont eat.
Hannibal was talking about the food at the SDA churches. Most members are vegetarian.

Old 05-09-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hannibal was talking about the food at the SDA churches. Most members are vegetarian.

Yeah, ive had some meals there on the few times ive ever been to one or dinner afterwards and they can really cook. Only ting I dont like is the fake meat sandwiches, but everything else tatsed great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity