Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 06:30 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The power of God has not left my church. People are being saved and baptized into new life in Christ. We spend much time, effort and money sharing the gospel with others.
Because people are coming forward in your church to be baptized (or answering an alter call); and your church spends time, money and effort in promoting this physical baptism doesn't mean they are saved. It's what Christ Jesus accomplished for ALL of humanity that has, is, and will be their salvation, not this water baptism or 10 second prayer. Remember: love covers a multitude of sin, and your sins are not being held against you, which means he has already forgiven you. In addition, he has asked that you and those who scourged him be forgiven (Father, forgive them...) It has absolutely nothing to do with a mystically or magically belief of imputation.

It has more to do with that of his love, mercy and grace. And this Christian belief that he turned away from his son while on the cross is utter nonsense. He has NEVER TURNED HIS BACK on anyone. But you can participate by repenting and turning away from your sin, knowing that you have been forgiven. In other words, confessing your sin is for your benefit, it helps you to see the error of your ways. If you don't see the error of your ways - you will continue to miss the mark, never maturing in wisdom or growing in stature. These will be the least in the kingdom of heaven. IMHO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 07:01 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Because people are coming forward in your church to be baptized (or answering an altar call); and your church spends time, money and effort in promoting this physical baptism doesn't mean they are saved. It's what Christ Jesus accomplished for ALL of humanity that has, is, and will be their salvation, not this water baptism or 10-second prayer. Remember: love covers a multitude of sin, and your sins are not being held against you, which means he has already forgiven you. In addition, he has asked that you and those who scourged him be forgiven (Father, forgive them...) It has absolutely nothing to do with a mystically or magically belief of imputation.

It has more to do with that of his love, mercy, and grace. And this Christian belief that he turned away from his son while on the cross is utter nonsense. He has NEVER TURNED HIS BACK on anyone. But you can participate by repenting and turning away from your sin, knowing that you have been forgiven. In other words, confessing your sin is for your benefit, it helps you to see the error of your ways. If you don't see the error of your ways - you will continue to miss the mark, never maturing in wisdom or growing in stature. These will be the least in the kingdom of heaven. IMHO
Excellent witness, Jer!

Old 05-01-2019, 07:05 PM

3,220 posts, read 924,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is only one kind of agape love and it has nothing to do with the "precepts and doctrines of men" or their ideas about justice or truth. It is unconditional love, acceptance, mercy, compassion, kindness, etc., PERIOD!
You hold fast to the precepts and doctrines of man. Don't fool yourself.

Old 05-01-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Because people are coming forward in your church to be baptized (or answering an alter call); and your church spends time, money and effort in promoting this physical baptism doesn't mean they are saved. It's what Christ Jesus accomplished for ALL of humanity that has, is, and will be their salvation, not this water baptism or 10 second prayer. Remember: love covers a multitude of sin, and your sins are not being held against you, which means he has already forgiven you. In addition, he has asked that you and those who scourged him be forgiven (Father, forgive them...) It has absolutely nothing to do with a mystically or magically belief of imputation.

It has more to do with that of his love, mercy and grace. And this Christian belief that he turned away from his son while on the cross is utter nonsense. He has NEVER TURNED HIS BACK on anyone. But you can participate by repenting and turning away from your sin, knowing that you have been forgiven. In other words, confessing your sin is for your benefit, it helps you to see the error of your ways. If you don't see the error of your ways - you will continue to miss the mark, never maturing in wisdom or growing in stature. These will be the least in the kingdom of heaven. IMHO
Your missing the mark by a huge amount.

Remember the saying;

"The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it. "

"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him."

" Come to me
all you who are weary and carry a heavy burden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am meek and humble of heart and you will find rest for yourselves for my yoke is upright and my burden is light. "

Old 05-01-2019, 07:19 PM

19,023 posts, read 14,201,797 times
To better understand, consider that in the spiritual realm, like attracts like. Or the converse, that which is contrary to one's vibration is unapproachable.
A spiritual being of infinite love and forgiveness cannot be approached by a being who is unloving, vengeful, etc, etc.

The resulting exile is not due to anything that the great spirit did or can change.

In that respect, eternal damnation is self exile due to the innate nature of one's own spirit. And if one desperately wishes to be in the presence of the lord, such an exile would be torment.

Old 05-01-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
To better understand, consider that in the spiritual realm, like attracts like. Or the converse, that which is contrary to one's vibration is unapproachable.
A spiritual being of infinite love and forgiveness cannot be approached by a being who is unloving, vengeful, etc, etc.

The resulting exile is not due to anything that the great spirit did or can change.

In that respect, eternal damnation is self exile due to the innate nature of one's own spirit. And if one desperately wishes to be in the presence of the lord, such an exile would be torment.
The Lord says this;

"I love what is right. I hate violence and injustice. "

"I the Lord do what is just I say what is right. "

Old 05-01-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
It's the Faithfulness of Christ Jesus that has, is, and will save humanity, not just those who "believe" they are Christian.
It is written and the Lord says this;

"Faithfulness has disappeared the truth is gone from their speech. "

Old 05-01-2019, 11:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Your missing the mark by a huge amount.

Remember the saying;

"The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it. "

"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him."

" Come to me
all you who are weary and carry a heavy burden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am meek and humble of heart and you will find rest for yourselves for my yoke is upright and my burden is light. "
Quote:
It's the Faithfulness of Christ Jesus that has, is, and will save humanity, not just those who "believe" they are Christian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
It is written and the Lord says this;

"Faithfulness has disappeared the truth is gone from their speech. "

Old 05-02-2019, 10:38 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That’s correct (bolded above).

Jesus and the Apostles did those things to verify who they represented. Where are you seeing these things done now?
Correct He died for the sins of the world so why do you believe the worlds sins are held against most?

That is the problem Jimmie they are NOT being done now by the church and they should be and the reason they are NOT being done is because the church has lost it's faith IN Jesus Christ and that which he came to do, which is the salvation of the world. The church simply no longer believes that He will accomplish that which he came to do and said he would do.

People often say if God wanted us to believe such and such why did He not put it plainly in scripture? Why do we have no scripture to tell us what to believe?

I always point out to them that God did indeed give us plain scripture telling us what to believe and then quote this scripture to them.

Jesus Christ is the saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. This command and teach.

The problem is Jimmie the church today rejects the plain meaning given here, they simply lack the belief in Jesus they proclaim to have, and it is evident in that the power of God has for the most part left the church and the church has become a laughing stock of the world because they profess to know God but lack the power thereof.

Old 05-02-2019, 11:15 AM

20,440 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Correct He died for the sins of the world so why do you believe the worlds sins are held against most?

That is the problem Jimmie they are NOT being done now by the church and they should be and the reason they are NOT being done is because the church has lost it's faith IN Jesus Christ and that which he came to do, which is the salvation of the world. The church simply no longer believes that He will accomplish that which he came to do and said he would do.

People often say if God wanted us to believe such and such why did He not put it plainly in scripture? Why do we have no scripture to tell us what to believe?

I always point out to them that God did indeed give us plain scripture telling us what to believe and then quote this scripture to them.

Jesus Christ is the saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. This command and teach.

The problem is Jimmie the church today rejects the plain meaning given here, they simply lack the belief in Jesus they proclaim to have, and it is evident in that the power of God has for the most part left the church and the church has become a laughing stock of the world because they profess to know God but lack the power thereof.
We do teach the bolded, all of it, not just the first part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity