Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 02:15 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
So what?

Muslims have key differences amongst themselves.

Mike what I am saying was said 400 years ago by a Pope, the pope has all the power in the world to create anything he wanted to create, he has all the power in the world to change scripture, to alter or omit any of the word of God he sees fit, and that is exactly what he did. They created their own unique religion that you follow Mike.

Who created your religion? Who create your entire worship system?

THE POPE.

YOU PROVE THAT THE POPE SITS IN THE PLACE OF GOD HAVING ALL AUTHORITY TO REJECT JUDAISM ALTOGETHER, TO THEN CREATE WHAT HE SEES FIT, AND YOU FOLLOW.

Jesus practiced Judaism, Gentile converts accepted all the Sabbaths and feasts for 100 years until it became too dangerous to look or act like a Jew after the Jewish war.

YOU have literally outlawed the religion of God and that is ectreemly obvious, God's religion was outlawed and the church completely rejected the religion Jesus loved and practiced, and they created their own religion that YOU PRACTICE.

Where did your religion come from if not the church Mike?

Is Christianity Judaism?

No, it's Catholic, and by keeping everything Catholic, you prove the authority of the Pope, and here you would speak again your father.
Last time. I am not a Roman Catholic. I've posted an article that explains the differences between Protestantism and Roman Catholicism, which you dismiss with ''so what.'' Now stop taking this thread off topic. The topic is not what you think I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 03:30 PM

23,156 posts, read 10,449,759 times
I do owe you an apology, I must have mixed up what somebody else said, I thought you were going to bash Catholics, please forgive me for my assuming something about you that just wasn't true. It was Kjw and Stevens.

Having said that, I still stand by what I say, modern Christianity is Catholic, and I see alot of people bashing Catholics when they practice the Catholic religion and that is just too ironic, and when you find a way to create a Catholic Thread, it's like throwing meat amongst a bunch of Ravens who have a spirit against Catholics, and I used to be the head bird.

What was it somebody said?

''They like to call themselves Christians.''

I somehow linked that to you, sorry, but I find the charges against the Pope absolutely ridiculous from any standpoint.

Especially this Pope.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:32 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
I do owe you an apology, I must have mixed up what somebody else said, I thought you were going to bash Catholics, please forgive me for my assuming something about you that just wasn't true. It was Kjw and Stevens.

Having said that, I still stand by what I say, modern Christianity is Catholic, and I see alot of people bashing Catholics when they practice the Catholic religion and that is just too ironic, and when you find a way to create a Catholic Thread, it's like throwing meat amongst a bunch of Ravens who have a spirit against Catholics, and I used to be the head bird.

What was it somebody said?

''They like to call themselves Christians.''

I somehow linked that to you, sorry, but I find the charges against the Pope absolutely ridiculous from any standpoint.

Especially this Pope.
Apology accepted. But I stand by what I said as well.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:48 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
YOU are a Catholic, WHAT are you talking about?

You are in error. The teachings of Jesus back the JW teachers in every translation on earth.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:50 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
IMO, if someone is looking for a parish/religion that is most closely following God/Jesus teachings, laws...it would be a parish or religion that is hated and despised by the secular world.

Yes the ones who obey Jesus-Luke 10, Acts 20:20

Old 05-07-2019, 02:17 PM

1,426 posts, read 1,032,626 times
Default Update

Latest update - over 4000 have signed petition.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/le...ncis-of-heresy

Old 10-21-2020, 03:31 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Well, he now condones gay Civil Unions.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:44 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
It'll be interesting to see how the Catholic apologists spin this one. Their claim is that each Pope teaches the same as the last one, and they're all consistent. I can't imagine trying to make the case that Frankie and JP II believed the same.

Old 10-22-2020, 01:30 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I love this man. I celebrate this decision.

Old 10-22-2020, 02:11 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I love this man. I celebrate this decision.
Me too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity