Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 07:42 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times

Advertisements

The gospel of Christ will still be changing lives for the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 07:59 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The gospel of Christ will still be changing lives for the better.
What evangelicals are spreading i would not call good news.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:49 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Christianity come to an end then Jesus will make His return , not doubt about that .

Old 05-03-2019, 03:48 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
"...next few decades..."
1. now until 2029: splintering denominations. Methodists, currently.
2. 2029-2039: personality cults dominate the conversation.
3. 2039-2049: all religions regulated and taxed by the state.
Various personality cults ALREADY dominate the conversations... it's like hybrids of hybrids.

I agree all religions will inevitably be regulated and taxed by the state, and as the church massacres increase the attendance will obviously decrease.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:26 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
You have the issue of putting all your effort into your child, only for 70-80% of them to not come back after the age of 18.

Many cant stand up an say why they believe what they believe, if asked to prove their belief of the bible.

More and more churches close weekly.

Thousands of denominations that all think they are the truth and alot of mainstream Christianity main pillars are being challenged and debunked, due to the information age where people can see for themselves the history and origins of things vs believe what grandma told them.

So with all the confusion, less people going to church, a bunch of folks that dont even know why they believe what they believe, losing the youth, which should be the future at a high rate, along with alot of the churches key beliefs being equated to hate speech, how do you see Christianity with in the next decade or by 2050 with the ways things are going?
The church is Ichabod (1 Samuel 4:21).

It has corrupted itself and denied the Law of Almighty God. It has embraced humanistic philosophy and hedonistic practices even in the midst of worship. Therefore the spirit of God, the Ruach Ha-Kodesh, has departed from it.

"I hate, I despise your feasts, and I will take no delight in your solemn assemblies." Amos 5:21

"For the time is come for judgment to begin at the house of God" 1Peter 4:17a

Where will the church be in the future? Consider statistics completed by PEW and Gallup organizations. According to their research regular attendance, defined as one appearance in a worship service per month, dropped in 2010 to 50% of 1948 levels. Projections of continuing trends suggest regular attendance will fall to 10% of 1948 levels by the year 2050.

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. - 2 Timothy 2:15

Youth have not been educated in the principles of their parent's religion and they have not been taught the skills of debate either in church or in public schools. As a consequence, when they graduate High School they are unfit to withstand the assaults of secular society, religious fanatics or anti-religious argument.

"The parsons will dig their own graves. They will betray their God to us. They will betray anything for the sake of their miserable jobs and incomes. Protestant clergy donít believe in anything except their well-being and office". - Adolph Hitler

Religious leaders are NOT concerned with teaching spiritual responsibility as much as they are in promoting their religious business. In seminary I was told "It's not about getting people saved, it's just a job."

We have arrived at the point where the Law of God is considered hate language. Some people are fond of saying we live in the age of the Laodicean church, but we have gone far beyond that point. The church today has taken the form of the w-h-o-r-e of Babylon.

How will God respond to this?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 05-03-2019, 09:08 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,138,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
"...next few decades..."
1. now until 2029: splintering denominations. Methodists, currently.
2. 2029-2039: personality cults dominate the conversation.
3. 2039-2049: all religions regulated and taxed by the state.

I think by 2030, they will start Taxing the Churches.

Old 05-03-2019, 09:27 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,717 times
we don't even know how long this wicked system will be here. I doubt there will be 50 years. Because Jesus told his Apostles when would be the signs of the end. And Jesus gave them an example ,(Matt. 24:6,7). See also (2Tim. 3:1-5). We are living in the “LAST DAYS.” MANY don't want to follow Jesus, (Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). Or get to know Jesus AND!... the “ONE TRUE GOD” ,(John 17:3). they don't really want to do his FATHER's “WILL”,(Matt. 7:21). they LOVE THE WORLD and the things of it. More than “GOD” ,(James 4:4 and 1John 2:15-17). sadly MANY of these claim to be followers of Jesus!

Some go to a place of worship, even get baptized. NOT because they want to follow Jesus and learn about his Father. But because they believe no matter how they live. They have an automatic first class ticket to Heaven. Sadly being misled by satan ,(2Cor.4:4). Some leave because they feel ministers are either fake ,(some are). About collecting money...for their pockets, Or not really teaching anything.

I ask a few about their place of worship, they said, we're not learning anything. When I speak to them concerning certain spiritual matters. they say...”i never heard that", NOR did they know it was scriptural based. Then I ask... why are you there if you're not learning anything. Their answer ,"because of the choir." I asked, do you think the “choir” can save your life? They answered “no” , yet they continue going. True! Every religion says, we're teaching the truth, that's just words. This is why we must do research, seek help, and follow Jehovah God's words.

Jesus gives an example using a fruit tree ,(Matthew 7:15-20). if the teaching is not true, the teacher will teach falsely. Example, some teach that Jesus is the Almighty God and Father. Yet Jesus said he HAS a “FATHER and GOD.” (John 20:17 Jesus said unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God). Jesus words PROVED that anything less than what he teaches is false. peace

Old 05-03-2019, 10:37 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,928 times
Quote:
You have the issue of putting all your effort into your child, only for 70-80% of them to not come back after the age of 18.

Many cant stand up an say why they believe what they believe, if asked to prove their belief of the bible.

More and more churches close weekly.

Thousands of denominations that all think they are the truth and alot of mainstream Christianity main pillars are being challenged and debunked, due to the information age where people can see for themselves the history and origins of things vs believe what grandma told them.

So with all the confusion, less people going to church, a bunch of folks that dont even know why they believe what they believe, losing the youth, which should be the future at a high rate, along with alot of the churches key beliefs being equated to hate speech, how do you see Christianity with in the next decade or by 2050 with the ways things are going?
Polls indicate that the Christian majority in the U.S. has dropped from about 90% before the beginning of the new century, to about 70% today. The rise of non believers accounts for the difference. Europe is already split roughly 50-50 between religious and non religious. The trend clearly indicates that religious believers in the west will be distinctly in the minority by the late 21st century.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:22 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
The end is reasonably near.
Well if thats what you truly think...the end is probably further off than any of us believe!

Bible says it will happen at a time NO ONE expects....naturally, if lots of people are running around screaming about the end being near...chances are, its probably not even close.

'The end' will truly come when the end doesnt look so near..

Old 05-04-2019, 07:54 AM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
I think by 2030, they will start Taxing the Churches.
I don't know the date, but I agree. I think church income will become taxable, and that's not a bad thing. Actual charitable works and costs of running the church will be deductible just as they are anywhere else, but people hiding behind churches to run a tax-free business and make bank will not be permitted to get away with it any longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity