Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 08:17 PM

15,847 posts, read 6,308,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I don't define filibustering as debating. After 20,000 post you'd think a person would be satisfied they've made their views well-known. Anyway, I've had enough of this love fest. I'm going to enjoy some gardening videoes. Isn't it amazing how 1 seed can contain an infinite harvest?!
Is that what your doing here? Do you need to be heard...awe..bring it in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 08:17 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Do you know what circling the wagons means? Hint: it takes more than one person. Who are you to decide what's open and honest? It sounds like you just want an opening to impart your views.

You can have the last word because I do not want to get into pages and pages of bickering with you.
Whatever else you may think it entail, the phrase means to take a defensive posture, approximately the opposite of "open and honest." That would involve expressing ideas you seem to be afraid of, yes.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:20 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Whatever else you may think it entail, the phrase means to take a defensive posture, approximately the opposite of "open and honest." That would involve expressing ideas you seem to be afraid of, yes.
You are an accuser, just like the diety that you worship.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:24 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
See post #35. The field is an open one. You may be able to explain why so many "conservatives" seem to abandon it.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:30 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Love and doctrine should never come into conflict with each other - if so, something MAJOR is wrong (as you have already found out in that one group....).

Christ told us to love one another, to love God, and even to love our enemy.
Sounds simple, but nearly impossible (but for graces that only He can grant).
and Judge no-one, lest you yourselves be judged....

But at the same time, it's not a 'free for all anything goes'..... for He also stated 'IF you LOVE me, keep my commandments....."
The commandments He was referring to are the TWO that cover ALL the others - to love God and love each other every day and repent when we don't.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:31 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It takes humility to TRULY love someone. The same kind of humility that is required to see the living God as expressed in the Trinity.
Can you clarify that statement? How exactly is humility required to see God as expressed in the Trinity?

Old 05-03-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The commandments He was referring to are the TWO that cover ALL the others - to love God and love each other every day and repent when we don't.
To quote you:

Old 05-03-2019, 08:33 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
To quote you:
You make me smile, MQ!

Old 05-03-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It's inevitable. This thread will become contaminated by pages and pages of agnostic-atheists starting debates, just like all the other threads.
So far that has not occurred, so sit back.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Love and doctrine should never come into conflict with each other - if so, something MAJOR is wrong (as you have already found out in that one group....).

Christ told us to love one another, to love God, and even to love our enemy.
Sounds simple, but nearly impossible (but for graces that only God can grant).
and Judge no-one, lest you yourselves be judged....

But at the same time, it's not a 'free for all anything goes'..... for He also stated 'IF you LOVE me, keep my commandments....."

also, fwiw, around here the R&S area is like the 'shark tank' , and christianity area not much better…..
That's not a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity