Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 08:37 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The only thing I could add is that they wrote about something called Church. If you have a regular church then you have already achieved what they were writing about. And you don't even need to read about it. It's the community of believers.
Who pulled you back into the fold?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 09:38 AM

3,220 posts, read 923,679 times
Quote:
I used to believe that Paul derailed Jesus's message. But not anymore. But now... I think that what Paul did was document the early church, and translate it the way he saw it, in a way that future generations would be able to understand. But the important thing is to read the Bible with the Holy Spirit.
Jesus sent His followers with His words as He was sent according to the book of John but Paul never quoted Jesus except one time about the last supper so there is no possible way he could have been a disciple or apostle.

Paul made up His own theology but said he followed Jesus. One cannot be another's follower unless he subscribes to His teaching. Just because Paul praises Jesus doesn't mean he is follower.

The Holy Spirit the spirit of truth is not a ghost or invisible entity. That is a misconception by unbelievers.

A true believer does the will of God and the works of God so the truth is revealed and the spirit is made known!

"Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him."

Paul sought his own glory!

Old 05-04-2019, 02:24 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
In Luke 13:34 Jesus said ....``O Jerusalem , which killed the prophets and stoned them that are sent to you , how often would I have gathered my children together, as a hen does gather her brood under her wings , and you would not `` ............... See people get into legalism and tradition and reject the messenger of God and God in the actions

Old 05-04-2019, 03:02 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Jesus's mission and theology has been derailed terribly. He came to spread God's word as He stated and sent others to do the same but Paul totally derailed it because the disciples were inept.
Free: The mission & theology of the Glory Man has not been derailed! If any man could derail it, it needs to be derailed. The disciples understood small segments of the Master's enunciations but were known to ask John the beloved (who leaned on Jesus bosom) to ask the Master for clarification.

The fact is this: Jesus Christ declared in no uncertain terms

“I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.”

Guess who the main vessel was who articulated the "many things" of the Lord Jesus Christ in the New Covenant.

God is the Source, the Guide & Goal of ta panta

Old 05-04-2019, 03:20 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
I used to believe that Paul derailed Jesus's message. But not anymore. But now... I think that what Paul did was document the early church, and translate it the way he saw it, in a way that future generations would be able to understand. But the important thing is to read the Bible with the Holy Spirit.
The writings attributed to Paul came before the gospels by revelation, it seems to me that in the bible is a mix of things revealed and things man has thought about those things revealed, then made them into literal historical things.

There are stories, parables, metaphoric and prophetic things all intertwined.

It’s like what came first? The chicken or the egg?

To me it seems that the revelations come first then man takes that and makes stories around it

Old 05-04-2019, 05:32 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Free: The mission & theology of the Glory Man has not been derailed! If any man could derail it, it needs to be derailed. The disciples understood small segments of the Master's enunciations but were known to ask John the beloved (who leaned on Jesus bosom) to ask the Master for clarification.

The fact is this: Jesus Christ declared in no uncertain terms

“I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. "
Correct.

I'm telling you now.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:34 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
Quote:
wow ozzy....brilliant.. a light is flickering in the dark places..

Old 05-09-2019, 04:35 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Who pulled you back into the fold?.
The Lion of Judah

Old 05-09-2019, 05:16 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
The Lion of Judah
Just wondering, you seemed to have strayed from it for as long as i can remember, hope you being back into works out for you better than last time. Remember It's the Father we return to not the church.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ST...&start_radio=1

Old 05-09-2019, 05:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Just wondering, you seemed to have strayed from it for as long as i can remember, hope you being back into works out for you better than last time. Remember It's the Father we return to not the church.
Kenneth Copeland?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity