Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2019, 01:42 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,630,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hball72 View Post
I don't think the Bible ever says to pray for hungry people. It says to feed them. The church would have the financial capacity to do that if we stopped building giant cathedrals and sending multiple millions of dollars to televangelists.
Jesus said that if we* ask for anything in His name, it will be given to us. This is recorded in all 4 gospels. Why then could we* not ask for food for hungry people?

* Yes, I do understand Jesus was talking to believers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
There is so much you don't understand.
There is an unconscious mass agreement Man has that just keeps this place you see
around you existing.
(Thus, the book ,'The Disappearance of the Universe"...try the 'Holographic Universe')

As long as many believe in shortage...it will continue to be.
One person alone believing there is only abundance will not do it...a neat little
scenario made up by the Creator Himself. Ha!

Group work is needed...2 or more...whassup with that?
So funny how He wants us to work together for change.
Brilliant!
God rained manna and quail on to the Israelites daily for 40 years. When did it become impossible for Him to provide food to the hungry?

Old 05-29-2019, 01:48 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,603,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
God rained manna and quail on to the Israelites for 40 years. Is it impossible for Him to provide food for the hungry?
Funny how stuff like that stopped happening when we were able to semi-accurately/accurately record things, huh? It's almost as if, and bear with me here, God only performed these sorts of miracles back in a time when people didn't even know what went on in the next town, let alone miles down the road, and these things were only imagined in the minds of men.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:27 PM

421 posts, read 153,201 times
Of course you could pray that, but why would you ask God to do your job for you?

It's like praying for someone who has lung cancer, but they won't quit smoking.

If you are concerned about hunger, (I am, as well) then do something about it. Even something that only makes a small difference is good, if everyone does it.

Old 05-29-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Of course you could pray that, but why would you ask God to do your job for you?

If you are concerned about hunger, (I am, as well) then do something about it. Even something that only makes a small difference is good, if everyone does it.
How is it my job? I did not create people and I did not promise them that anything they ask in Jesus' name I will grant. And then there is the little matter of my not being omnipotent.

Old 05-29-2019, 04:08 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,007,717 times
Quote:

What are you trying to do, end the conversation/take the ball out of play? The name of the game is keeping the onus on the next guy! How dare you suggest anything different!!!

Old 05-29-2019, 04:57 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL. Watch out when you stretch that far that you don't snap something!

First of all, God would not tell such a woman to stop having sex. That's ridiculous right there.

Second of all, if this woman were to get pregnant, which she wouldn't, no one would believe it. It would have to have been IVF.

It would not make ME believe in the virgin birth, and I'm not even an atheist.

It would, however, make me feel scorn for people who think they need to try any trick they can to make the virgin birth seem plausible. In the end, should a Christian really be focusing on something like this?

And WHY wouldn't He? There is such a thing as sanctification. He can and does tell you to lay all sorts of things down, for a season, even a season of years. Anything you are not willing to lay down when He does tell you, instantly became an idol. He does a LOT of testing.....blessings.....

Old 05-29-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
So if a particular group of believers pray for a certain individual and they are healed, then the same particular group of believers for a different individual and they die of their affliction, why is that? Does the indwelling of the Spirit come and go?

Healing is based on 3 things; 1) faith of people praying, 2) faith of person prayed for, and 3) His perfect will for the person. And of course, 1 is assuming that they are born from above believers who have His indwelling Spirit.

I totally believe in His ability to heal, have had many healings personally, but when I was hemorrhaging with what turned out to be terminal cancer, I didn't "claim" my healing OR ask anyone for prayer for me UNTIL I laid on my face on my floor and told Him I knew He could, what I needed to know was if He WOULD, because His perfect will is what will be done. It doesn't mean we have to like it, or even understand it, but He is sovereign. And I prepared myself to hear what might have been a different outcome than what I had experienced so far, because it was so advanced there was no way anything else was going help me, BUT Him.

When I got my word, I went to a friend I know who hears and He wouldn't even let her pray for me, He told her to tell me if was taken care of. Now here's the kicker.....I got my word of life, the proceeding word of life from the Father's mouth, for man shall not live or have life by bread (letter) alone, but by every word that proceeds from Him, a Spirit breathed fresh manna.

The Word tells us that having done all, we are to stand in faith believing and confessing with our mouths. I had to do this for exactly 7 weeks to the day, of hemorrhaging, nothing wavering. Now when you consider my mother passed 2 years before this exactly like this, you can imagine where my mind was trying to take me, much less the OBGYN who insisted on a biopsy a week for 3 weeks (all came back clear). Every single day I called my carnal mind a liar and commanded by body to line up with the freshly spoken word from the Father's mouth, for 7 weeks.

I refused a 4th biopsy, told him I was healed and I wasn't having another one and walked out. He, of course assured me I had an 8 inch tumor for one (it was actually detected and was an aggressive form of cancer, according to test done 1.5 years before but the doctor's office of the time never got word to me), and that it had spread to all my other organs.

So as it happened I got an invitation to a meeting of a minister I'd know for 20 years who lived in Seattle, that he was going to be in nearby Dayton, Ohio for one weekend. I went and that morning, he said that the Lord had told him something He rarely did, that He was going to come through him for healing, after the day's service. So I think, "AHA! THIS is why He wanted me here today", expecting to receive the full measure of my healing after he prayed for me.

But it was not to be so, because when he asked people to come forward that needed healing, I asked the Lord, and He said, "NO". So I stayed over until he was done, praying for about 70 people, praying in agreement for THEIR healings. After it was over, the wife of the couple that sponsored him to come, came up to me and said, "The Lord told me during praise and worship this morning a word for you. He said, because of your obedience, you're healed!" She had NO IDEA, never saw her before in my life.

The next day, the fulfillment of exactly 7 weeks (catch that Hanni? 49 completed days), no more bleeding, no more cancer. Now you might ask, why was it not instantaneous? He chose to do it that way, and it was a great gift to me, actually. Our faith is forged in the fire of adversity. It took a lot more faith in me to be raised up to believe, nothing doubting, for that long a time.

That was over 20 years ago now and I've never been bothered since, to Him be all the glory. He is just as real as you will let Him be, in your life. The Word is your foundation and His Spirit comes to walk on it as such. Build your foundation, and He will come. Blessings....

Last edited by Rbbi1; 05-29-2019 at 05:33 PM..

Old 05-29-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
I have stated a number of times that I will believe in the power of prayer if a believer will pray for the end of world hunger and it happens. So far, not a single believer has volunteered.

How about you?

Not going to happen in THIS world. The Lord said, "the poor you will have with you always." Where there are poor, there are hungry. Blessings....

Old 05-29-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
I need a miracle. My son is very ill. Please pray for a healing miracle or him. Thank you.

What is his first name? Blessings....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity