Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 10:26 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
It is funny this Being that created everything, maintains everything, out to the far reaches of the Universe...just our
own galaxy
has 150-250 billllllllion suns, most 50 xs larger than ours...and there are still those that can not imagine
there is a power that can heal cancer or my hip.

Watch, the next post will be...'Why are you so special He healed YOU...and left a child starving in India?'
I have had people in person do that to me, after they said,
"Hey, long time no see, How ya doin?'
And I blurt out, "GREAT! I just got healed.." And they get immediately angry....wild stuff...happened 2 xs that first month in 2009.

Well, first they have to believe that He IS; primary stumbling block. I was an agnostic until almost 30, and I can now barely remember how I thought then, but I felt that there had to be a G-d who created all this, I just didn't know who He was and really thought that it was impossible to find out until death. The greatest gift for me past initial salvation was the KNOWING that He was not only real, but you could talk to Him and He would, at least part of the time, talk back. I say it this way because I had a profound conversion experience for 10 days and I heard Him like I heard my family, for months. Then He started to draw away, like in SOS where the Beloved hides behind the lattice to encourage His beloved to seek Him harder.

I know what you mean. I would like to hesitate sometimes in telling people about healings, but I remind myself that if I am ashamed of Him, He will be ashamed of me, and that is why people sometimes lose their healings, because they refuse to give Him the glory due Him. But the shallowness and pettiness of some people's reactions, really is hard to take sometimes. In a deep walk with Him, you do find out real quick who your true friends are, I'll say that. Blessings....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 10:32 PM

BTW, to anyone who cares.......the gifts of the Spirit are STILL in operation by the Spirit in believers today. The Corinthians letter was not written to tell them what they didn't have, and couldn't have because they were not one of the original 12, it was written to tell the body how the Spirit manifested Himself in THE WORKS of the Spirit, through the believers. He is no respecter of persons, He didn't establish one covenant for the 12, one covenant for the then believers, and one covenant for everyone who came after that. It was/is ALL ONE COVENANT. Blessings.....

Old 05-17-2019, 11:54 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Besides those with faith, Jesus cured people without faith.
I find ' true healing ' will come at the coming time of Revelation 22:2
This is when there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations.
Now is the time for 'spiritual healing' and for praying the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
We do Not pray to be 'taken away' to Jesus, nor pray to be 'taken up' to Jesus, but for Jesus to come !
Come and bring the blessing benefits of Rev. 22:2 when mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on Earth for the ' healing ' of earth's nations, and as God promised earthly blessings to father Abraham at Genesis 12:3; 18:18; 22:18.
Can you give an example of Jesus healing someone who didn't have faith? Please just include examples where it says the healed person didn't have faith.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:27 AM

1,146 posts, read 649,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
We see it on TV where the healer touches someones head, they fall down and are magically healed of cancer or whatever sickness or the person who couldnt walk, can now walk. We never see the follow up on these folks on how their new life is going after the supposed healing.

Im not limiting what God can do, as Ive seen people with Cancer be cancer free AFTER treatment, but I seriously dont believe someone is now cancer free because a pastor/faith healer or whatever they want to call themselves touched their head.

So you you believe faith healing is real or all just a show for the cameras?
Do you believe everything you see on TV? If you do, you're a fool.

The purpose of show bu$iness is to make money from the show. Television is only another stage upon which to produce a show.

The god business has always been very profitable for those who have the charisma and the aggressive nature to pursue it. It has nothing at all to do with the divine and everything to do with making a fortune. It has always been this way and I suppose it always will be.

There has never been a lack of individuals who have one hand on the Bible and the other in someone else's pocket.

It has been said the meek shall inherit the earth, but in the post-modern church its not the earth they inherit - its' the dirt.

The Bible promises the truth shall be found by those who seek it, but increasingly it isn't truth but a trap that's found in religion.

The greatest healing one can obtain in the world is the Second Birth - salvation in the name of Jesus Christ. Also called spiritual regeneration, it isn't a religious con game and it isn't some sort of emotional high. It's based upon real spiritual principles and a real gift from God - immortal life in Christ Jesus.

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal;
- Genesis 6:3a

Man IS NOT naturally endowed with something that survives physical death.

At death the human spirit withers and dies as well as the brain and body!

The Bible calls this spiritual withering - the Second Death. - Revelation 20:6 & 20:14

There is no hell in the Bible.

There IS the Second Death - permanent extermination, absolute destruction, total annihilation & gehenna. The lake of fire burns forever, but that which is cast into it is utterly consumed. Not even ashes remain. If you toss a stick into a fire, the stick will be consumed. The fire will continue as long as new fuel is added to it, but that which is thrown into a fire is ALWAYS consumed. You cannot pull a stick out of a fire after it has been burned to ashes. It is destroyed completely. In the same way the spirit of man is destined to suffer the Second Death. Call it what you want. When death comes, everything comes to a screeching halt. EVERYTHING.

Everlasting hell was manufactured by the ancient Egyptians, adopted by the Greeks and Romans and formed into a non-Biblical heresy by the early church. Hell is a fear mongering device to attract and keep members AND THEIR DONATION$. Make no mistake, hell isn't about punishment as much as it is about profit$. It's a money making scheme of horrendous proportions. Hell is a confidence game of the god business.

who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light” - 1 Tim 6:16

Only God is immortal, but the GOOD NEWS of the gospel of Jesus Christ is that God has graciously chosen to grant of His immortal life unto those who humbly come to Him and ask for it.

YES there is healing. The greatest healing and the greatest act of God since creation is the Second Birth - to save humanity from death by means of spiritual regeneration offered by Christ to those who accept it.

The Second Birth is FREE for the asking. The post-modern church would have you believe otherwise. When you become a member you're expected to pay a religious tax for the rest of your natural life, but there is NO requirement of this in the New Testament at all. None. Tithing is another device of the modern god business to separate innocent people from their hard earned ca$h. What would God do with your credit card anyway?

TV and TV preachers are nothing but show bu$iness. If you want entertainment, watch TV. If you want truth, read the Bible.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Last edited by Choir Loft; 05-18-2019 at 07:48 AM..

Old 05-18-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Do you believe everything you see on TV? If you do, you're a fool.

The purpose of show bu$iness is to make money from the show. Television is only another stage upon which to produce a show.

The god business has always been very profitable for those who have the charisma and the aggressive nature to pursue it. It has nothing at all to do with the divine and everything to do with making a fortune. It has always been this way and I suppose it always will be.

There has never been a lack of individuals who have one hand on the Bible and the other in someone else's pocket.

It has been said the meek shall inherit the earth, but in the post-modern church its not the earth they inherit - its' the dirt.

The Bible promises the truth shall be found by those who seek it, but increasingly it isn't truth but a trap that's found in religion.

The greatest healing one can obtain in the world is the Second Birth - salvation in the name of Jesus Christ. Also called spiritual regeneration, it isn't a religious con game and it isn't some sort of emotional high. It's based upon real spiritual principles and a real gift from God - immortal life in Christ Jesus.

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal;
- Genesis 6:3a

Man IS NOT naturally endowed with something that survives physical death.

At death the human spirit withers and dies as well as the brain and body!

The Bible calls this spiritual withering - the Second Death. - Revelation 20:6 & 20:14

There is no hell in the Bible.

There IS the Second Death - permanent extermination, absolute destruction, total annihilation & gehenna. The lake of fire burns forever, but that which is cast into it is utterly consumed. Not even ashes remain. If you toss a stick into a fire, the stick will be consumed. The fire will continue as long as new fuel is added to it, but that which is thrown into a fire is ALWAYS consumed. You cannot pull a stick out of a fire after it has been burned to ashes. It is destroyed completely. In the same way the spirit of man is destined to suffer the Second Death. Call it what you want. When death comes, everything comes to a screeching halt. EVERYTHING.

Everlasting hell was manufactured by the ancient Egyptians, adopted by the Greeks and Romans and formed into a non-Biblical heresy by the early church. Hell is a fear mongering device to attract and keep members AND THEIR DONATION$. Make no mistake, hell isn't about punishment as much as it is about profit$. It's a money making scheme of horrendous proportions. Hell is a confidence game of the god business.

who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light” - 1 Tim 6:16

Only God is immortal, but the GOOD NEWS of the gospel of Jesus Christ is that God has graciously chosen to grant of His immortal life unto those who humbly come to Him and ask for it.

YES there is healing. The greatest healing and the greatest act of God since creation is the Second Birth - to save humanity from death by means of spiritual regeneration offered by Christ to those who accept it.

The Second Birth is FREE for the asking. The post-modern church would have you believe otherwise. When you become a member you're expected to pay a religious tax for the rest of your natural life, but there is NO requirement of this in the New Testament at all. None. Tithing is another device of the modern god business to separate innocent people from their hard earned ca$h. What would God do with your credit card anyway?

TV and TV preachers are nothing but show bu$iness. If you want entertainment, watch TV. If you want truth, read the Bible.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

I'd say you're on a roll....

Old 05-18-2019, 11:18 AM

17,800 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post

There IS the Second Death - permanent extermination, absolute destruction, total annihilation & gehenna. The lake of fire burns forever, but that which is cast into it is utterly consumed. Not even ashes remain. If
Off topic but I have a quick question for you. I know you aren't SDA but this is an SDA supported doctrine (after soul sleep and the second coming). The only other "group" I know that teaches this is the spin offs of Herbert W Armstrong's World Wide Church of God.

When I was a kid, although we weren't members my father used to listen to Herbert Armstrong and Garner Ted Armstrong preach this on their radio show "The World Tomorrow".

Was curious if your Christian group taught this and what other Christian groups teach this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity