Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 02:29 PM

421 posts, read 153,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I have never bought into the idea of a virgin birth or the STAIN of ORIGINAL SIN.
Original sin is an Augustine Christian doctrine that says that everyone is born sinful.

However, I don't believe that everyone is born with a built-in urge to do bad things.
I think we are all born with a built in urge to do good things. We are born in God's image, but we are quickly molded into the image of our environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2019, 02:40 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hball72 View Post
I think we are all born with a built in urge to do good things. We are born in God's image, but we are quickly molded into the image of our environment.
Unless damaged, we all come equipped with an inborn conscience toward knowing good things.
Yes, created in God's image or likeness of being able to show love, justice, wisdom and mercy to varying degrees.
Because of father Adam that 'urge to do good things'(upright things) became corrupted and we lean toward / wrongdoing.
That is why we don't want to allow oneself to be molded by a corrupted environment.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:52 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Unless damaged, we all come equipped with an inborn conscience toward knowing good things.
Yes, created in God's image or likeness of being able to show love, justice, wisdom and mercy to varying degrees.
Because of father Adam that 'urge to do good things'(upright things) became corrupted and we lean toward / wrongdoing.
That is why we don't want to allow oneself to be molded by a corrupted environment.
Ok, if you want to say "father Adam" as representing evolutionary processes that necessitated a concern for self that may come into conflict with community concerns you are right. No, we are not born with an urge to do "bad," but we are born with what may be called a selfish urge that CAN be " bad."

Old 06-02-2019, 10:48 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus is the first HUMAN to achieve rebirth as the firstborn Son of God (Holy Spirit) completely connected to God taking the rest of us as adopted children with Him. If He was God, His achievement is pointless to humans because why wouldn't God be able to endure what He did? Don't let a bunch of created Trinity jargon confuse you from this important distinction. It doesn't detract from the fact that His consciousness perfectly resonates with God's consciousness (which means is IDENTICAL to God's consciousness). That is why we use the "mind of Christ" to know the "mind of God."
Jesus himself said "The Father is greater than I." -John 14:28

He reinforced the thought with those closest to him, "I am ascending to my Father and your Father and my God and your God." -John 20:17

Paul reinforced the idea of submission to the Father even as Jesus was anointed King of Gods Kingdom-1 Corinthians 15:24-28.

Yes he was a man, a perfect man. Paul stated such was the case, "But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep in death.21 For since death came through a man, resurrection of the dead also comes through a man. 22 For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive."

Men die. God cannot die.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
I believe he may have been born of a young woman, but not without a father.
Interesting thought. Similar to why Muslims, although acknowledging Jesus as a prophet, do not accept that he could be God's Son let alone God (which Jesus himself said he's not the Almighty).

Can a man be born of a woman without sex? Adam was. Some people believe Adam, Eve etc weren't real people. Jesus referred to them as actual people. I trust that Jesus was perfect and without deceit and thus correct about Adam and Eve. Otherwise, if he wasn't perfect or without deceit... we are truly lost.

If modern day reproductive technology can transfer an embryo into the uterus of a woman one would think transferring a life (eg God's son) as an embryo into the womb of Mary would be child's play to God.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:58 PM

Quote:
I have never bought into the idea of a virgin birth or the STAIN of ORIGINAL SIN.
Original sin is an Augustine Christian doctrine that says that everyone is born sinful.

However, I don't believe that everyone is born with a built-in urge to do bad things.
First, what is sin? It means missing the mark. An analogy would be darts thrown at a board. Sometimes you come close and even hit the bullseye but not every time.

Second, the idea of sin is rooted in the Hebrew Scriptures which predates Christianity. Modern day Judaism may have a different concept but that's for another thread.

"Look! I was born guilty of error, and my mother conceived me in sin." Psalms 51:5

"For there is no righteous man on earth who always does good and never sins."-Ecclesiastes 7:20

"If they sin against you (for there is no man who does not sin)…."-1 Kings 8:46

"Who can produce someone clean from someone unclean? No one can.-Job 14:4

We are born sinners but because we also are made in God's image we have qualities that temper our sinful nature. We can love, show compassion, be merciful and forgiving.

Old 06-03-2019, 07:48 PM

3,061 posts, read 914,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Interesting thought. Similar to why Muslims, although acknowledging Jesus as a prophet, do not accept that he could be God's Son let alone God (which Jesus himself said he's not the Almighty).

Can a man be born of a woman without sex? Adam was. Some people believe Adam, Eve etc weren't real people. Jesus referred to them as actual people. I trust that Jesus was perfect and without deceit and thus correct about Adam and Eve. Otherwise, if he wasn't perfect or without deceit... we are truly lost.

If modern day reproductive technology can transfer an embryo into the uterus of a woman one would think transferring a life (eg God's son) as an embryo into the womb of Mary would be child's play to God.
Mankind was created on the sixth creative day by El the creator, the 6th generation of the universe.

Adam was created in the seventh age on a barren earth BY JAHEl: (JAH= LORD.. EL=CREATOR- Lord to the glory of EL the creator) and with the seeds of the plants from the 6th age still in the earth, he planted a garden for the man he created from the frozen genetic material left from the 6th age in which mankind had been created.

Or so it would seem.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:09 AM

3,061 posts, read 914,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post

If modern day reproductive technology can transfer an embryo, which has been fertilized by the sperm of a male human being, into the uterus of a woman, one would think transferring a life (eg God's son) as an embryo, which has been fertilized by the sperm of a spiritual being, who does not have the animal powers of reproduction, into the womb of Mary would be a ridiculous statement.

The Son of Man, the most high in the creation, a spiritual being who does not have the animal power of reproduction, Chose the man Jesus as his heir and successor, on the day when he was Baptised and the spirit of our Lord and savior descended upon him in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my Son (My chosen heir and successor) THIS DAY I have begotten thee."

Old 06-04-2019, 06:23 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
Mankind was created on the sixth creative day by El the creator, the 6th generation of the universe.
Adam was created in the seventh age on a barren earth BY JAHEl: (JAH= LORD.. EL=CREATOR- Lord to the glory of EL the creator) and with the seeds of the plants from the 6th age still in the earth, he planted a garden for the man he created from the frozen genetic material left from the 6th age in which mankind had been created.
Or so it would seem.
I am curious, I'm sure others are...where do you get this stuff? Sorry, information..you know, multiple posts detailing the creation of everything in other threads...
-The 6th generation of the universe...
-JAHEI
-seeds from the 6th age, frozen material
-White Cloud
-ever-cooling cosmic cloud of wave particles

And if it is from books....where are they getting it? Gee whiz...are they aliens? Who is this chanelled from?

Thanks.

Old 06-04-2019, 06:31 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I am curious, I'm sure others are...where do you get this stuff? Sorry, information..you know, multiple posts detailing the creation of everything in other threads...
-The 6th generation of the universe...
-JAHEI
-seeds from the 6th age, frozen material
-White Cloud
-ever-cooling cosmic cloud of wave particles

And if it is from books....where are they getting it? Gee whiz...are they aliens? Who is this chanelled from?

Thanks.
He probably does what any number of poster do and makes it up as he goes along. That's preferred over quoting Bible scriptures because referencing the Bible is too close to adhering to some type of a standard, though fundamentalist are actually found in every belief system. They are the ones who are always correcting other's belief because they are so special, dontcha know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity