Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 05:10 PM

3,061 posts, read 915,528 times

Advertisements

How long after the birth of Jesus did the Magi appear in Jerusalem, according to the scriptures?

Old 12-07-2019, 05:20 PM

33,249 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
How long after the birth of Jesus did the Magi appear in Jerusalem, according to the scriptures?
Possibly up to about two years judging by Herod's order to kill every male child up to two years of age according to Matthew 2:16.

Old 12-07-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Possibly up to about two years judging by Herod's order to kill every male child up to two years of age according to Matthew 2:16.
Correct! so why do you think the Roman church and her denominational daughters, have the wise men at the manger in Bethlehem? When the bible makes it quite clear that 41 days after the birth of Jesus, Mary carried him openly to the temple in Jerusalem, where she performed the ceremony of purification, according to the time prescribed by Moses as to when that ceremony was to be held?

Last edited by The Anointed; 12-07-2019 at 06:03 PM..

Old 12-07-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Correct! so why do you think the Roman church and her denominational daughters, have the wise men at the manger in Bethlehem? When the bible makes it quite clear that 41 days after the birth of Jesus, Mary carried him openly to the temple in Jerusalem, where she performed the ceremony of purification, according to the time prescribed by Moses as to when that ceremony was to be held?
You know, I really don't care why.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
You know, I really don't care why.
So you have no interest in discovering the truth. Fair enough, you are only one of many millions such as yourself, who do not care "WHY."

There are those in this world, who make things happen, and there are those who watch what happens, and there are those who haven't a clue as to what happens.

Catch you later mate.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:21 PM

19,037 posts, read 27,614,590 times
Care to tell us then? Why?

Old 12-07-2019, 06:22 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Care to tell us then? Why?
Yes...I wasn't interested at first, but now I'd like to know

Old 12-07-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
So you have no interest in discovering the truth. Fair enough, you are only one of many millions such as yourself, who do not care "WHY."
It's not high up on my list of things to get worked up over. If Christmas can be celebrated on Dec. 25th which Jesus quite probably was not born on, I reckon tradition can have 'three wise men' arriving at the birth of Jesus. There are more important things to be concerned about getting right. I'm fine with it. Maybe you should go eat a Ho Ho and chill out.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
It's not high up on my list of things to get worked up over. If Christmas can be celebrated on Dec. 25th which Jesus quite probably was not born on, I reckon tradition can have 'three wise men' arriving at the birth of Jesus. There are more important things to be concerned about getting right. I'm fine with it. Maybe you should go eat a Ho Ho and chill out.
What and reject the truths as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, as you are quite content to do?

But I will have to leave you all for a while, because one of my grandsons and myself are about to Kill, scald, and dress a pig and hang it in the cold room for a week, after which we intent to salt and smoke most of the carcass, for the Ham and bacon that we will be serving to family and friends at Xmass a tradition of man.

But I will return tonight and respond to the posts of Kmom2. and ukrkos, if the Lord and time permit.

Old 12-07-2019, 07:25 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Also, in churches that follow the traditional liturgical calender, December 28 marks the "Slaughter of the Innocents:. That didn't happen three days after the nativity, either, but it doesn't matter. What matters is why we observe the event:

The Holy Innocents December 28

We remember today, O God, the slaughter of the holy innocents of Bethlehem by King Herod. Receive, we pray, into the arms of your mercy all innocent victims; and by your great might frustrate the designs of evil tyrants and establish your rule of justice, love, and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

(BCP)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity