Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 08:00 PM

10,483 posts, read 7,010,515 times

Advertisements

There is a muddling that happens with the secular world about Christianity, but I'd like to keep this as a reminder to all Christians and possibly address this to someone who doesn't completely know Christianity.

There is only way to Heaven and that is Accepting Jesus Christ as Your Personal Savior. What does this mean? It means believing in your heart that Jesus Christ died for you sins, and he was the sacrifice for you that you can have your sins washed away to be with the Lord.

It doesn't matter if you're considered the world's worst sinner, if you believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins, ask for His forgiveness to be absolved of those sins you are free to walk into Heaven with Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 08:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
The Magic Words To Jesus!

So inspirational!

So easy.

So fundie-licious, they can't resist.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:12 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
There is a muddling that happens with the secular world about Christianity, but I'd like to keep this as a reminder to all Christians and possibly address this to someone who doesn't completely know Christianity.

There is only way to Heaven and that is Accepting Jesus Christ as Your Personal Savior. What does this mean? It means believing in your heart that Jesus Christ died for you sins, and he was the sacrifice for you that you can have your sins washed away to be with the Lord.

It doesn't matter if you're considered the world's worst sinner, if you believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins, ask for His forgiveness to be absolved of those sins you are free to walk into Heaven with Him.
What if you don't actually have any sins?

That's a catch, I think, that throws so many off from this simplistic summary.

In order to get to the point where what you posted makes any sense, first you have to learn that you are a sinner, and that's where it gets a bit ugly. Before you can persuade someone that they can be saved from their sins, you have to convince them that they are dirt by virtue of their humanity and therefore need saving in the first place.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:16 PM

33,251 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:

Yes. Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Not by works. No matter how many good works you do, or how good those good works are, they will always fall short of God's perfect standard and therefore cannot be the basis for salvation. We are saved not on the basis of our own righteousness, but on the basis of Jesus' perfect righteousness which, as the apostle Paul says in Romans chapters 3-5, is imputed or credited to whoever places his faith in Jesus.

That doesn't mean that we aren't to do good works. . . we are. It just means that those good works can't be the basis for our eternal salvation.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:17 PM

10,483 posts, read 7,010,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What if you don't actually have any sins?

That's a catch, I think, that throws so many off from this simplistic summary.

In order to get to the point where what you posted makes any sense, first you have to learn that you are a sinner, and that's where it gets a bit ugly. Before you can persuade someone that they can be saved from their sins, you have to convince them that they are dirt by virtue of their humanity.

Interesting point, do people actually go around thinking they have been perfect their entire lives? Never crossed my mind that people inwardly think that they have been perfect.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:30 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,730,460 times
Quote:
Interesting point, do people actually go around thinking they have been perfect their entire lives? Never crossed my mind that people inwardly think that they have been perfect.
Hi Danny and they do think that only those who have read the Bible can be a pharisee or a hypocrite.
and I am not joking..

Old 10-08-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Interesting response, again demonstrating the black/white, good/evil extreme-opposites mindset of the fundamentalist Christian sect.

I did not say anything about being perfect, nor was perfection at all on my mind when I wrote my post, so your question is kind of a weird thing to say.

Most humans are aware that they are not perfect, but that is a far cry from believing that one is such a dire sinner that one needed to pay a price for their imperfections.

It's not an either/or.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Hi Danny and they do think that only those who have read the Bible can be a pharisee or a hypocrite.
and I am not joking..
I'm sure you're not--but you are wrong. I've never heard anyone say such a thing. Neither have you, but let's not let that get in the way of a disparaging post.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:11 PM

3,830 posts, read 1,385,293 times
Only way?What if instead of just ‘believing & accepting’
one chooses instead to ’ Love Jesus and Keep his commands'?

Old 10-08-2019, 09:20 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Only way?What if instead of just ‘believing & accepting’
one chooses instead to ’ Love Jesus and Keep his commands'?
How are those two things different? Can a person do one without the other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity