Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 10:50 AM

692 posts, read 375,194 times

Advertisements

About 82-85 AD, the Christians who had remained observant Temple worshiping Jews following the death of Jesus changed their philosophy and then considered Jesus to be divine.

This resulted in the "parting of the ways" in which Christians were excluded from the Jewish synagogues as apostates (see the 12 Benediction).

To explain having more than one God, about the 3rd century the "Trinity" concept was invented, the three in one God.

But if the Trinity teaching is to be maintained, the three persons of he Blessed Trinity, have to be consubstantial (same substance), co-eternal, and coequal.

However, scripture tells us that:

New International Version
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

So the Son is not coequal with the Father. In fact he is ignorant about his role as a divinity.

Old 06-15-2019, 05:22 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
About 82-85 AD, the Christians who had remained observant Temple worshiping Jews following the death of Jesus changed their philosophy and then considered Jesus to be divine.
This resulted in the "parting of the ways" in which Christians were excluded from the Jewish synagogues as apostates (see the 12 Benediction).
To explain having more than one God, about the 3rd century the "Trinity" concept was invented, the three in one God.
But if the Trinity teaching is to be maintained, the three persons of he Blessed Trinity, have to be consubstantial (same substance), co-eternal, and coequal.
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
So the Son is not coequal with the Father. In fact he is ignorant about his role as a divinity.
I find ' the parting of the ways ' was foretold by gospel writer Luke at Acts 20:29-30
False spiritual shepherds ( dressed in sheep's clothing ) would fleece the flock of God starting at the end of the 1st century.
Fake 'weed/tares' Christians would grow together with the genuine ' wheat ' Christians until the Harvest Time.
The Harvest Time (our time) until the coming 'Time of Separation' on Earth to take place as described at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
Thus, 'Christendom' (so-called Christian) is part of the MANY who falsely call Jesus as Lord as per Matthew 7:21-23.

Old 06-15-2019, 05:35 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post

New International Version

He repeated that after his resurrection, so it did not just apply to him as man.

Ditto John 14:28 when he said God, his Father was greater than he was and it did not mean his human body as he used the Greek word for "I" meaning the person of Jesus, not just a body.

The trinity was forced on the Church by The roman emperor Theodosius who removed Bishops who disagreed appointed thsoe who did and mandated that the Trinity be taught in 381 AD at the council he called. No religious leader or council actually made the decision, they just said "yes sir" and at his command started to destroy all disagreeing writings and punish people who did not obey it. A doctrine of mand forced on many by ... a Roman emperor and corrupt Bishops. Yet today it is believed even though the evidence is easily access able.

Even then it is known that the doctrine did not exist in the Church in the beginning:

When one does speak of unqualified [unlimited] Trinitarianism, one has moved from the period of Christian origins to, say the last quadrant of the 4th century ... Herein lies the difficulty. On the one hand, it was the dogmatic formula “one God in Three Persons” that would henceforth for more than 15 centuries structure and guide the Trinitarian essence of the Christian message...On the other hand, the formula itself does not reflect the immediate consciousness of the period of origins; it was the product of 3 centuries of doctrinal development. (e.a.)-New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967, Vol. XIV, p. 295.

Trinity. The trinity of God is defined by the [Roman Catholic] Church as the belief that in God are three persons who subsist in one nature. The belief as so defined was reached only in the 4th and 5th centuries AD and hence is not explicitly and formally a biblical belief. The trinity of persons within the unity of nature is defined in terms of “person” and “nature” which are G[ree]k philosophical terms; actually the terms so not appear in the Bible. In the N[ew]T[estament] the Father is “the God” (G[ree]k - ho theos), and Jesus is “the Son of God” (ho hyios tou theou). The Spirit is “the spirit of the God” or “the holy spirit,” in this context a synonymous term. Deity [in the Bible] is conceived not in the G[ree]k [philosophical term] of nature but rather as a level of being ... What is less clear about the Spirit [in the Bible] is His personal reality: often He is mentioned in language in which His personal reality is not explicit....The O[ld] T[estament], does not contain suggestions or foreshadowing of the trinity of persons. (e.a.)-Dictionary of the Bible, John McKenzie, S.J., (Society of Jesuits) 1965, pp. 899-900.

The formulation “one God in three Persons” was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century...Among the Apostolic Fathers [Clement of Rome, Mathetes, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Papias, Barnabas(?)] there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective [of a Trinity doctrine].- (e.a.), Vol. XIV (14), p. 299.The New Catholic Encyclopedia

Old 06-15-2019, 05:40 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
When Jesus was Baptized a Voice said He was pleased, right?
Jesus addresses Our Father Who is in Heaven....I see Jesus as Jesus, my very
advanced brother, a servant of God and God my Father, as my Father...the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of my Father God.

But that makes me 'just wrong' to many Christians...hahahaha.
I guess I can live with that since His Spirit, His Divine Presence has been with me for decades!!!! Ha, the Unfailing Presence...

Old 06-15-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
When Jesus was Baptized a Voice said He was pleased, right?
Jesus addresses Our Father Who is in Heaven....I see Jesus as Jesus, my very
advanced brother, a servant of God and God my Father, as my Father...the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of my Father God.

But that makes me 'just wrong' to many Christians...hahahaha.
I guess I can live with that since His Spirit, His Divine Presence has been with me for decades!!!! Ha, the Unfailing Presence...
Wait, you mean you agree with the Bible???

Strange how many put the teachings developed by men ahead of what God has actually had recorded.

Old 06-15-2019, 05:54 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Wait, you mean you agree with the Bible???
I can't expect everyone to have followed my every post!!!I believe SO much in the Bible it would make your head spin.
I talk about the Bible and quote it often.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:10 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss hepburn View Post
i can't expect everyone to have followed my every post!!!i believe so much in the bible it would make your head spin.
i talk about the bible and quote it often.
👍🏼

Old 06-15-2019, 06:19 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
I see Jesus as Jesus, my very advanced brother, a servant of God
Interesting. I almost never hear anyone except Mormons refer to Jesus Christ as our "brother."

Old 06-15-2019, 06:22 PM

63,776 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Interesting. I almost never hear anyone except Mormons refer to Jesus Christ as our "brother."
I do. I always pray to Our Father, Abba, and Our Brother Jesus as Jesus instructed.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I can't expect everyone to have followed my every post!!!I believe SO much in the Bible it would make your head spin.
I talk about the Bible and quote it often.
Good for you.

Following Jesus example is wise. He made a very basic point.

KJV John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity