Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 02:39 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times

Advertisements

One seems to be on the seventh Heaven and the other on the tenth Heaven.

AND those two men lifted me up thence on to the seventh Heaven, and I saw there a very great light, and fiery troops of great archangels, incorporeal forces, and dominions, orders and governments, cherubim and seraphim, thrones and many-eyed ones, nine regiments, the Ioanit stations of light, and I became afraid, and began to tremble with great terror, and those men took me, and led me after them, and said to me:

2 'Have courage, Enoch, do not fear,' and showed me the Lord from afar, sitting on His very high throne. For what is there on the tenth heaven, since the Lord dwells here?

3 On the tenth heaven is God, in the Hebrew tongue he is called Aravat.

https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/fbe/fbe127.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 02:45 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Does this have something to do with Christianity?

Old 06-21-2019, 03:01 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post

AND those two men lifted me up thence on to the seventh Heaven, and I saw there a very great light, and fiery troops of great archangels, incorporeal forces, and dominions, orders and governments, cherubim and seraphim, thrones and many-eyed ones, nine regiments, the Ioanit stations of light, and I became afraid, and began to tremble with great terror, and those men took me, and led me after them, and said to me:

2 'Have courage, Enoch, do not fear,' and showed me the Lord from afar, sitting on His very high throne. For what is there on the tenth heaven, since the Lord dwells here?

Are the Lord and God two different entities? No.

The name Yahweh, which is usually translated as Lord in English translations of the Old Testament is God's name. The English word 'god' is translated from the Hebrew word elohim. The word elohim can refer to Yahweh who is the only elohim of his class. He is the uncreated Elohim who created all the other elohim - the angelic beings. The spirits of the dead are also referred to as elohim. The word elohim is simply a term for those who inhabit the spirit realm, whether in reference to Yahweh, or to created spirit beings.

But when you see the words the Lord your God, as in Isaiah 43:3 (Yah·weh ’ĕ·lō·he·ḵā) it's referring to the same entity.

You quoted from 2 Enoch which is also called the Book of the Secrets of Enoch. It's not canonical, not a part of the Bible.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:46 PM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
We seem to have attracted Kabbalists - The Anointed and now mmmjv.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:26 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Yes it does

Old 06-21-2019, 08:48 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
If Christians consider the book of Job to be scripture, then this is a very Christian topic. I imagine anyone who has read the book of Job noticed these two names occurring near the end, and must have wondered about this question.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:00 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
If Christians consider the book of Job to be scripture, then this is a very Christian topic. I imagine anyone who has read the book of Job noticed these two names occurring near the end, and must have wondered about this question.
The scriptures are a lot more broad than what is in the canon of the RCC

Old 06-22-2019, 04:14 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Are the Lord and God two different entities? No.

The name Yahweh, which is usually translated as Lord in English translations of the Old Testament is God's name. The English word 'god' is translated from the Hebrew word elohim. The word elohim can refer to Yahweh who is the only elohim of his class. He is the uncreated Elohim who created all the other elohim - the angelic beings. The spirits of the dead are also referred to as elohim. The word elohim is simply a term for those who inhabit the spirit realm, whether in reference to Yahweh, or to created spirit beings.

But when you see the words the Lord your God, as in Isaiah 43:3 (Yah·weh ’ĕ·lō·he·ḵā) it's referring to the same entity.

You quoted from 2 Enoch which is also called the Book of the Secrets of Enoch. It's not canonical, not a part of the Bible.
Wait a minute, Mike, I’ve seen you use Enoch to support things that YOU say are true, but now you’re going to dismiss it because someone else uses it to question a discrepancy?...

Old 06-22-2019, 06:01 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post

using what we have, because, well, its all we have.

am I a different a person when disciplining my child and when I am huggin&lovin them?

Is a mother of cub a different type of animal when its killing live prey vs when its licking its cub in a motherly way?

Old 06-22-2019, 06:21 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Yes - they are two different entities that operate in complete unity.

God the Father has never been seen.

1 John 4:12 - No one has seen God at any time

John 1:18 - No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

John 5:37 - "And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.

Colossians 1:15 - He is the image of the invisible God

Yet Christ manifested Himself to people on the earth in the following chapters.

Genesis 3
Genesis 16
Genesis 18
Genesis 32
Exodus 34
Acts 9

The unseen Father speaking while Jesus is on the earth.

Matthew 3:16-17 - 16 After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, 17 and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

John 12:28-30 - 28 "Father, glorify Your name " Then a voice came out of heaven: "I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again." 29 So the crowd of people who stood by and heard it were saying that it had thundered; others were saying, "An angel has spoken to Him." 30 Jesus answered and said, "This voice has not come for My sake, but for your sakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity