Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 06:05 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times

Advertisements

The posts on this page are from a preacher. His grasp (in Rosey's opinion) of God are quite remarkable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 06:09 AM

# 1 PastorMark

One of the most beloved and yet personally challenging teachings of Jesus is found in Luke 6

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Luke 6:35-36

Moderator cut: Post edited to comply with the Terms Of Service copyright provision.

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-23-2019 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: Post a snippet and a link.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:56 AM

#2 PastorMark

The main problem I see with the theodicy of the Greater Good is that it is a logical philosophical answer to a purely emotional question.

People who turn away from God because of the problem of evil are burdened and tormented by the world as they see it. They are in a crisis in that they have to imagine an all powerful God who cares for all that we care about and knows when a single hair falls from our head yet by the state of things appears supremely aloof and unconcerned. I'm not saying this is true I'm just describing their dilemma.

Moderator cut: Post edited to comply with the Terms Of Service copyright provision.

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-23-2019 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: Post a snippet and a link.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:17 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
You need to post a link to the site.

The Terms of Service says:

Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post. Repeat copyright infringers may have their account terminated and their access to the Site and any Services revoked.
In the FAQ, a snippet is a defined as a sentence or two. We try to be reasonable about this, but you can't copy and past entire posts.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You need to post a link to the site.

The Terms of Service says:

Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post. Repeat copyright infringers may have their account terminated and their access to the Site and any Services revoked.
In the FAQ, a snippet is a defined as a sentence or two. We try to be reasonable about this, but you can't copy and past entire posts.
Dear Mensaguy: Rosey stands corrected. The moderation on this site forum is 2nd to done. Please forgive me and remove the link.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Mensaguy: Rosey stands corrected. The moderation on this site forum is 2nd to done. Please forgive me and remove the link.
I'm confused. What I suggested is that you post a link to the site. I don't see a link to remove.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I'm confused. What I suggested is that you post a link to the site. I don't see a link to remove.
Dear Mensa: Anyone with a name like Mensaguy can never be confused. What poor confused Rosey is referring to is the PastorMark new subject placed on C.F. this a.m.

Question= If Rosey places the link for the wee site, can I post the entirety of the posts from the Pastor? If the answer is nada, please remove the link on C.D.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:12 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
The link would allow others to search and read for themselves.
Question: Who is this Pastor Mark? As there are several listed.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The link would allow others to search and read for themselves.
Question: Who is this Pastor Mark? As there are several listed.
Dear Jerwade: I have zero problem posting the link for the Pastors posts. If Mensa approves, the link to his posts and other's will happen.

On second thought, I may ask PastorMark to come on over here to C.D. and post for himself. Then Rosey will no longer be incarcerated with a cloud hanging over an empty head. LOL

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 06-23-2019 at 08:38 AM..

Old 06-23-2019, 08:44 AM

Links are the right way to reference another web site. We encourage you to post a snippet along with the link, particularly if it is accompanied by your own commentary. Otherwise, the link may be meaningless, or someone may be confused about why it was posted.

Read the quote from the Terms Of Service. Note that it does not say anything about permission to copy, authorship, or ownership of the material. In other words, post a link and a snippet, even if it is your own web site and your own written original material.

I still haven't seen any link, so I can't remove one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity