Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 06:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Does Scripture play a part?
It's hard to see Spirit when you are surrounded by and tip toeing through the TULIP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2019, 07:44 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Well, nerfball, if your religion has to follow orthodoxy to any extent I'd say it amounts pretty much to nothing. Tell you what, why don't you look at the history of those "essentials" and how they have been used over the centuries and tell me how that matches "the fruit of the Spirit" as listed by Paul.

Old 07-04-2019, 03:00 PM

175 posts, read 75,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Well, nerfball, if your religion has to follow orthodoxy to any extent I'd say it amounts pretty much to nothing. Tell you what, why don't you look at the history of those "essentials" and how they have been used over the centuries and tell me how that matches "the fruit of the Spirit" as listed by Paul.
As I understand what you're saying:
1. Orthodox Christianity has not "worked" in the sense of producing sufficient "fruits of the Spirit" as described by Paul.

2. Ergo, we need to flush orthodox Christianity in favor of teachings that we believe will produce sufficient fruits of the Spirit.

3. And we are entitled to call this new religion Christianity because we're going to model the teachings on the "best of" Jesus. Jesus' Greatest Hits, that's our Christianity.
I might debate point #1, since even secular scholars concede that Christianity has been the greatest force for positive good in the history of the world, but I admire your honesty because I believe this is indeed what is taking place - basically, "The hell with what Christianity has always been. We don't like it and we don't believe it. We're just going to invent a new religion that we like and call it Christianity."

But then I continue to ask, "Why call it Christianity?" What are you (not you personally, but those who do this) seeking to accomplish? Don't umpteen New Age philosophies offer pretty much the same thing that you are for some reason trying to bring under the Christian umbrella?

I believe the honest answer would be "Because we want to destroy orthodox Christianity by substituting an appealing counterfeit, which is much more effective than starting yet another New Age community."

All I really care about is whether orthodox Christianity is True. I believe it is. If I thought a New Age community or Scientology for that matter offered Truth, I'd join.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:09 PM

"The definition of the Christ Consciousness is a perfectly balanced threefold flame, all plumes at the same height and the energies consecrated to the correct qualification of the sacred fire—pure love, pure wisdom, pure power. That means, for example, that all misuse of power as tyranny has to be transmuted into the pure action of the will of God. All misuse of the yellow plume in intellectual pride and the tendency of the ego to displace the Christ has to be surrendered. Selfish love, possessive love, all aspects of the misuse of the pink plume must likewise be transmuted.

We see in Jesus the Christ the archetype of the Christed one, or the anointed one. Jesus was the Christ and was known as the Christ because his threefold flame was in balance and his energies were qualified according to the sacred fire. He was born almost without karma and at the hour of his transfiguration he had increased the size of his threefold flame to the point that that flame was no longer only one-sixteenth of an inch in size but was larger than his physical form.
The only way we can liberate the soul force in the chakras is by the light that we have anchored in the central chakra, the heart. Therefore the heart is the seat of all life, all living, all giving, all flowing, all energy received from God. And the heart receives the light that is distributed to all the other chakras. The light comes over the crystal cord from the heart of the I AM Presence and it goes directly to the heart, which distributes it to the three chakras above the heart, three chakras below, making a total of seven, plus the eighth chakra, which is in the chamber of the heart.

There are also five secret-ray chakras, making thirteen in all and there are a total of a hundred and forty-four chakras in the body of man. The remaining chakras are lesser points for the release of light and are associated with the points of contact healing or acupuncture. They are places that can be contacted for a greater flow of energy in the body."

- Elizabeth Clare Prophet, https://www.summitlighthouse.org/jes...-christed-one/

Yeah, baby, that's the Christianity I'm talking about!

Old 07-04-2019, 04:26 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfball View Post
"The definition of the Christ Consciousness is a perfectly balanced threefold flame, all plumes at the same height and the energies consecrated to the correct qualification of the sacred fire—pure love, pure wisdom, pure power. That means, for example, that all misuse of power as tyranny has to be transmuted into the pure action of the will of God. All misuse of the yellow plume in intellectual pride and the tendency of the ego to displace the Christ has to be surrendered. Selfish love, possessive love, all aspects of the misuse of the pink plume must likewise be transmuted.

We see in Jesus the Christ the archetype of the Christed one, or the anointed one. Jesus was the Christ and was known as the Christ because his threefold flame was in balance and his energies were qualified according to the sacred fire. He was born almost without karma and at the hour of his transfiguration he had increased the size of his threefold flame to the point that that flame was no longer only one-sixteenth of an inch in size but was larger than his physical form.
The only way we can liberate the soul force in the chakras is by the light that we have anchored in the central chakra, the heart. Therefore the heart is the seat of all life, all living, all giving, all flowing, all energy received from God. And the heart receives the light that is distributed to all the other chakras. The light comes over the crystal cord from the heart of the I AM Presence and it goes directly to the heart, which distributes it to the three chakras above the heart, three chakras below, making a total of seven, plus the eighth chakra, which is in the chamber of the heart.

There are also five secret-ray chakras, making thirteen in all and there are a total of a hundred and forty-four chakras in the body of man. The remaining chakras are lesser points for the release of light and are associated with the points of contact healing or acupuncture. They are places that can be contacted for a greater flow of energy in the body."

- Elizabeth Clare Prophet, https://www.summitlighthouse.org/jes...-christed-one/

Yeah, baby, that's the Christianity I'm talking about!
That's New age religion infiltrating into Christianity. There is no such thing as 'Christ consciousness.' Jesus was the Messiah, the Christ, the anointed one who was Israel's Messiah; the Savior sent from God the Father. The word 'Christ' is a title, not some kind of soul force.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
That's New age religion infiltrating into Christianity. There is no such thing as 'Christ consciousness.' Jesus was the Messiah, the Christ, the anointed one who was Israel's Messiah; the Savior sent from God the Father. The word 'Christ' is a title, not some kind of soul force.
Thank you for clearing that up for me, Senior Member Mike555. I am just so confused. Are you suggesting that what I quoted is not Christianity, Senior Member Mike555? Are you allowed to do that?

Old 07-04-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Thank you for clearing that up for me, Senior Member Mike555. I am just so confused. Are you suggesting that what I quoted is not Christianity, Senior Member Mike555? Are you allowed to do that?
I'm telling you in no uncertain terms that what you promoted in post #34 is New Age religion under the guise of Christianity. Again, there is no such thing as 'Christ consciousness' as if it were some kind of soul force. 'Christ' is not something that descended upon Jesus. Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah because He was anointed to be the Savior.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I'm telling you in no uncertain terms that what you promoted in post #34 is New Age religion under the guise of Christianity. Again, there is no such thing as 'Christ consciousness' as if it were some kind of soul force. 'Christ' is not something that descended upon Jesus. Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah because He was anointed to be the Savior.
Oh, thank you again, Senior Member Mike555. I mean that from the heart of my bottom.

Oh, you thought I was "promoting" Elizabeth Clare Prophet's version of Christianity in post #34, did you? Have you read my posts on this thread, Senior Member Mike555? Are you really that thick-headed, Senior Member Mike555?

Thank you again, Senior Member Mike555, for explaining my error to me in no uncertain terms. I am a new and better Christian.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Oh, thank you again, Senior Member Mike555. I mean that from the heart of my bottom.

Oh, you thought I was "promoting" Elizabeth Clare Prophet's version of Christianity in post #34, did you? Have you read my posts on this thread, Senior Member Mike555? Are you really that thick-headed, Senior Member Mike555?

Thank you again, Senior Member Mike555, for explaining my error to me in no uncertain terms. I am a new and better Christian.
I haven't read your thread at all except for post #34. I can only go by what I saw, and the way you have posted reads as if you're promoting New Age beliefs.

Your attitude needs some adjusting as well. There's no need to react as you are doing.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:01 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Protestantism has consequences. Now that anyone can start a new church based on their personal experiences and their own particular interpretation of the Bible, Christianity can become almost anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity