Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2019, 02:02 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
8 reasons so far and not 1 verse of scripture stating that Jesus Christ saved you from eternal flames/hell/torment. It is time you started being open minded in reading the scriptures, that will mean you have to let go of what the evangelical fathers taught you, not your Father in heaven.
The corrupted Bad News of Hell has nothing to do with the Good News of Christ's Gospel. It is entirely human-based. There was nothing to atone for - the errors (sins) and primitive misunderstandings (beliefs) fostered by our immature inborn nature were and are perfectly natural - and they were unavoidable. Nothing is born fully mature either physically or spiritually. As our species evolved and matured spiritually the errors and misunderstandings needed to be corrected. We have to stop interpreting our species' childhood as though it were adulthood. How accurate would your children's' descriptions of their actions and beliefs be if they were interpreted as if they were recorded by adults? Abandon the childish fears and imaginings of our ancient ancestors. There is nothing to fear from God.

The truly Good News of Jesus is that He was 100% human physically and He is 100% Divine spiritually - as we are to aspire to be with the help of His Holy Spirit (Comforter) and His perfect love and grace. The whole point is that we are not just mortal physical beings. We are intended to mature (a word frequently translated as to become "perfect" in scripture) into eternal spiritual beings with spiritual bodies, not natural, physical bodies.

1 Corinthians 15:42-44 King James Version (KJV)
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:25 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Glad Tidings (The Gospel)

Peace on Earth and Goodwill towards all men......... No threat of hell necessary in this gospel, this gospel causes you to repent.

More Later.........
Dear Paul: The glad tidings of "great joy", announced by the angelic host, is not for all/pas mankind, and has strict limitations. Furthermore, God is not Saviour of all mankind, He is a potential Saviour.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/potential

"God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe/ trust in Him. Command this & teach this."

Old 06-30-2019, 04:22 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
We can trust the Bible's authenticity because God has providentially given us His inerrant Word. All Scripture is inspired (2 Timothy 3:16). God is omnipotent, so of course He is able to ensure that His Word is properly conveyed to us. God is God and is able to do all things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Good logic, but where did God ever say that He would give us a book for a guide? What does that book claim Jesus promised for a guide and why don't you believe that?
That's ok, I don't really expect a coherent answer to the question: I've never gotten one yet.

Old 06-30-2019, 04:34 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Reason #10

Jesus emphatically taught that a spiritual birth is essential to entering the kingdom of heaven.

"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3)

Nicodemus, like all Jews, supposed that all who were born as children of Abraham would, as Abraham's seed, be citizens of the kingdom, but Jesus shows him that no one can be a new creature in Christ Jesus unless he is born anew. We are born naturally into the kingdom of nature, to live the natural life; if we enter the kingdom of heaven, the kingdom of grace, it must be by a new birth. -People’s New Testament Commentary

More later...

Old 06-30-2019, 05:50 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorMark View Post
Isnt vengeace typically taken out on someone who has done something horrible.
Why would God need to avenge people not knowing him? How is that such an enraging crime?
The Indonesian Granny who wove baskets and fed her grandchildren who never heard of Jesus doesn't KNOW God yet God needs to execute vengeance on her?
These are the absurdities that make people question whether the translation is accurate.
Exactly.

Old 06-30-2019, 05:55 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Reason #10

Jesus emphatically taught that a spiritual birth is essential to entering the kingdom of heaven.

"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3)

Nicodemus, like all Jews, supposed that all who were born as children of Abraham would, as Abraham's seed, be citizens of the kingdom, but Jesus shows him that no one can be a new creature in Christ Jesus unless he is born anew. We are born naturally into the kingdom of nature, to live the natural life; if we enter the kingdom of heaven, the kingdom of grace, it must be by a new birth. -People’s New Testament Commentary

More later...
Unless you can expound on the bible verses you are quoting i will consider you as being a fake christian. The devil quotes it better than you.

More Later...............

Old 06-30-2019, 07:28 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Reason #10

What do you think a spiritual birth means, Jimmie? What we know about births of the Flesh is they produce a body of Flesh. So a birth of Spirit must produce a body of Spirit. As a birth, it would seem to require spiritual insemination (gennaō ek theos or "conceived of God"?), a long pregnancy, (nurturing love of God and each other?) and then a birth as Spirit (physical death?) into a spiritual body.

1 Corinthians 15:42-44 King James Version (KJV)
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

What do you think about that, Jimmie?

Old 07-01-2019, 12:41 AM

Dear Jimmy: over 60 years ago, young Rosie carried a number of Bible's under my arm. One day a man of God spoke a word of the Lord to me indicating I needed to put my Bible's aside and hear the voice of the Living God. It has taken me these 60+ years to begin to hear that quickening Voice in the outer laminar spheres of the unspeakable unknown! It is impossible to contemplate what the inner Spheres are like, but it becomes apparent to me why there are times of silence in the Heavenlies as a Holy hush breaks.

What If I Am Wrong?

https://www.philhenrypowergospel.org...PUkuKosEaD5RIg

Old 07-01-2019, 04:44 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Reason #11

“Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" (Acts. 16:31) -the Apostle Paul

More later...

Old 07-01-2019, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Reason #11

“Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" (Acts. 16:31) -the Apostle Paul

More later...
Dear Jimmie: Focus me lad! You have failed to present the whole verse!

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved>>>>>>>

AND YOUR HOUSEHOLD"

“Are your ears awake? Listen. Listen to the Wind Words, the Spirit blowing through the churches. "

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 07-01-2019 at 05:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity