Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2020, 09:20 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,323,760 times

Advertisements

Our God is the God of restoration.

The koine katallage signifies not atonement (at-one-ment) but reconciliation.

Katallage means to restore to an unimpaired position of conciliation, literally to bring into accord & harmony.

Our God is bringing His creation back to at-one-ment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Old 02-17-2020, 07:05 PM

14,653 posts, read 16,997,548 times
Yes!

Old 02-17-2020, 07:09 PM
Status: "Without God, life is tragic and absurd." (set 26 days ago)

20,366 posts, read 12,644,981 times
Why Universalism is false

Matt. 10

28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. -Jesus

Old 02-17-2020, 08:06 PM

Destruction of the body and soul is a part of the process of the restoration of all to God. God brings destruction for a higher purpose.

Psalm 90:3

3 Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.

Zephaniah 3

Therefore wait for Me,” declares the Lord,
“For the day when I rise up as a witness.
Indeed, My decision is to gather nations,
To assemble kingdoms,
To pour out on them My indignation,
All My burning anger;
For all the earth will be devoured
By the fire of My zeal.
“For then I will [a]give to the peoples purified lips,
That all of them may call on the name of the Lord,

Old 02-17-2020, 08:08 PM

God never gave up His ownership of us. When Adam sinned, his punishment was death and he died. His body died and returned to dust, his soul died, and his spirit returned to God. The earth and all that is within it and on it belongs to God.

One day all will be made new and that includes all who have died, who currently reside in and on the earth. The earth itself will be made new (qualitatively new, not quantitatively new according to the definition). He does not make all new things, but He will

make

all

things

new.

"And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." Revelation 21:5

God bless.

Old 02-18-2020, 08:34 AM

The Divine Embrace

Perfect =

Brought to consummation or completeness; completed.

Not defective nor redundant.

Having all the properties or qualities requisite to its nature and kind;

Without flaw, fault, or blemish;

Without error; mature; whole; pure; sound; right; correct.

A complete and satisfactory close in harmony

A tense which expresses an act or state completed.

To make perfect; to finish or complete, so as to leave nothing wanting; to give to anything all that is requisite to its nature and kind.

This is the consummation of the Divine embrace as the Author brings everything back into Himself in perfect harmony and at-one-ment as the Finisher.

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeBS...ature=emb_logo

Old 02-18-2020, 03:45 PM

The Big Heavenly Gulp =

Katapino =

To swallow down death by/in victory.

To devour/ to drink/ to swallow.

Death, all thanatos, is overcome by Life.

Death is destroyed forever in victory.

Death is swallowed by/in triumphant Life.

Jonathan Mitchell N.T. =

"The death was drunk down and swallowed unto victory."

Old 02-18-2020, 03:51 PM

The following post is by our incredible mod, Mighty Queen. It reflects one of the reasons I believe our Father will restore the all in His beloved Son, Christ Jesus our Lord.

My friend died suddenly a month ago of a brain aneurysm. She left behind a son, aged 26. He weighs 35 pounds and wears child-sized clothing. He was born with over 100 anomalies, one of which is that a portion of his brain never formed. His mentality is about that of a four-month old. His body is twisted. He is blind. He doesn't speak, he doesn't laugh, he doesn't cry. He occasionally makes some noise, for example, when the wind is blowing in his face, which he seems to enjoy. He will also reach for you and grasp your hand or finger.

Yet, when you hold this boy, you feel his spirit. There is someone in there, and it's my theory that you feel his spirit so strongly because he lacks the physical and mental defenses that the rest of us hide behind.

I think he's ahead of the rest of us spiritually. I also think he will follow his mother before too long. He was expected to die shortly after birth, then at two, and now it's anyone's guess. I believe that now that he does not hear the sound of her voice, he will leave.

Old 02-22-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
The Big Heavenly Gulp =

Katapino =

To swallow down death by/in victory.

To devour/ to drink/ to swallow.

Death, all thanatos, is overcome by Life.

Death is destroyed forever in victory.

Death is swallowed by/in triumphant Life.

Jonathan Mitchell N.T. =

"The death was drunk down and swallowed unto victory."

Yes, Birdy56, as someone stated, "Death has an expiration date!"

God bless.

Old 02-22-2020, 06:48 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,199,453 times
Wow, what a story....the last sentence really got me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
The following post is by our incredible mod, Mighty Queen. It reflects one of the reasons I believe our Father will restore the all in His beloved Son, Christ Jesus our Lord.

I believe that now that he does not hear the sound of her voice, he will leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity