Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 02:59 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
She doesn't, that is just silly, if there really was a hell(there isn't) it would not be in the center of the Earth.
You dont know this for sure....things change when we die, it may be like going to a different 'dimension/plane', same earth, just a different 'plane', some kind of 'hell' could very well exist on this plane, near the firey molten core.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 03:47 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
How can Hell be in the center of the earth. I saw a documentary once on the Mole Men who live inside the earth. They weren't demons or living in Hell.

Wait. Maybe it was a Superman episode.

Never mind.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:13 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
How can Hell be in the center of the earth. I saw a documentary once on the Mole Men who live inside the earth. They weren't demons or living in Hell.

Wait. Maybe it was a Superman episode.

Never mind.
Superman and the Mole Men Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QygK8gYl-2M

Old 07-14-2019, 04:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What he stated was his religious view, so its not cool to ridicule it like that.
Yet, it's alright for you to ridicule others?

Old 07-14-2019, 05:07 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You dont know this for sure....things change when we die, it may be like going to a different 'dimension/plane', same earth, just a different 'plane', some kind of 'hell' could very well exist on this plane, near the firey molten core.
To begin with, you are going to live like 100 years? You believe in that short amount of time, some people will do things that would curse them to an eternal torment, and if somebody really thinks that God is that petty, angry and full of so much hatred for a human that he will poke him with a stick forever, you gotta rethink just who and what your God is.

All those scriptures of hell are about the outer court, the outcome of Shemini Atzeret, and the end of temptation.

We all have an evil inclination, an evil spirit that is always tempting us, and when God takes that evil inclination away, he takes all temptation away, he separates the goat from the sheep, that goat is the evil inclination, an evil spirit which is a son of perdition that is OBVIOUSLY inside any person who is tempted to do evil.

When you die, you will be divided, cut in half, and you will hear the chains clinking because an angel will come with a great chain of authority, and his job is to take the evil spirit out of you, and away from you, that there is no evil or temptation left within you.

There is no heaven, and there is no hell, there is 3 types of resurrection whether you are the least in the kingdom, or in the higher Zoe kingdom, or in between as a priest.

We are taught that the design of the temple is there to show us the design of the kingdom of heaven, and that design is in 3 sections, and ALL PEOPLE IN ALL SECTIONS ARE SAVED. The temple was specifically designed to show us the afterlife.

Hell is the comparison between the least and the greatest, people will truly weep and gnash their teeth in that outer court, but not because they aren't saved, or even blessed, they weep because they now know that they were in a race, and the race is already finished, and they never knew it had ever started.

The least in the kingdom is blessed, and even though his outcome is not like the greatest in the kingdom, his outcome and blessing is still greater than any human that ever lived.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Yet, it's alright for you to ridicule others?
It wasn't ridicule. Even if it is his belief, it certainly had to have occurred to him that what he wrote would sound insane to most people, or so I would think. Which is why I asked. I've written things that I've re-read and thought, "well, that will sound NUTS to somebody". I left it, but I didn't lie to myself about that.

But of course, there's that tiresome old game of "let's try to make it look as though the person really meant something other than what they said" that goes on here forever and ever.

Old 07-15-2019, 04:10 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Seriously, after you type something like this, you don't go back and read it and think, "Whoa, this sounds completely insane"?
Quote:
What he stated was his religious view, so its not cool to ridicule it like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade Yet, it's alright for you to ridicule others?
Quote:
It wasn't ridicule. Even if it is his belief, it certainly had to have occurred to him that what he wrote would sound insane to most people, or so I would think. Which is why I asked. I've written things that I've re-read and thought, "well, that will sound NUTS to somebody". I left it, but I didn't lie to myself about that.

But of course, there's that tiresome old game of "let's try to make it look as though the person really meant something other than what they said" that goes on here forever and ever.
As everyone can clearly see, there was no attempt to make your words look anything other than what they said. You were quoted word for word.

You say such things, and then ALWAYS hide behind the "you changed my meaning" claim. Its a dodge, and not a very honest one.

Own your words!

Old 07-15-2019, 04:19 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
As everyone can clearly see, there was no attempt to make your words look anything other than what they said. You were quoted word for word.

You say such things, and then ALWAYS hide behind the "you changed my meaning" claim. Its a dodge, and not a very honest one.

Own your words!
You just described yourself. ROTFLMAO

Old 07-15-2019, 05:07 AM

Quote:

Own your words!
When you said "it's not cool to ridicule", that was your attempt to try to change the meaning of my post. You don't need to misquote anything. You just try to cast a different intent on my words.

For some reason, you seem to view yourself as incredibly clever by employing this schtick, as if everyone doesn't see right through it. And you're casting dispersion on MY honesty? Seriously?

I do own my words. I still would like the person I quoted to respond to my question.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
When you said "it's not cool to ridicule", that was your attempt to try to change the meaning of my post. You don't need to misquote anything. You just try to cast a different intent on my words.

For some reason, you seem to view yourself as incredibly clever by employing this schtick, as if everyone doesn't see right through it. And you're casting dispersion on MY honesty? Seriously?

I do own my words. I still would like the person I quoted to respond to my question.
You are trying to make it about me in order to deflect from your own words, which is what you always do. Trying to hide behind such claim is a classic dodge.

You should know better than to talk about someones religious views like that, and you should know better than to always make it about the posters when you get called out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity