Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2019, 12:23 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Here is your mercy and fighting chance...

Believe in the name of Jesus Christ, and you will be saved. It is a free gift to all who truly believe in Christ's death for our sins and His physical resurrection for our new life.
Easy believism is a misunderstanding based on the fact that what we believe or do has NOTHING to do with our salvation. It only affects how we reap what we sow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 12:23 PM

10,039 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Here is your mercy and fighting chance...
Believe in the name of Jesus Christ, and you will be saved. It is a free gift to all who truly believe in Christ's death for our sins and His physical resurrection for our new life.
I find all the resurrections that Jesus performed were healthy physical resurrections.
However, since God sent the pre-human heavenly Jesus to Earth for us, then when God resurrected Jesus he was resurrected back to his pre-human spirit body that he had before coming to Earth.
This is why the resurrected Jesus used different materialized bodies to appear to his followers after he was resurrected and before he ascended to Heaven appearing there before his God - Hebrew 9:24.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Easy believism is a misunderstanding based on the fact that what we believe or do has NOTHING to do with our salvation. It only affects how we reap what we sow.
I think what we do has to do with our salvation ( deliverance / rescue ).
After all, Jesus gave his followers instructions to do and follow at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
Jesus did spiritual works to show his believism - John 5:17.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Fundies think unbelievers deserve(Yes you ALL do) to go to everlasting punishment in hell because they believed they deserved it at some point too, and even though they still fall short of his glory, but because of magical believing it is somehow different for them now. I actually believe if you are all out against sinning and calling it out ancd ondemning it so that it appears to the observer that it is your favorite pastime and being conscience of the consequence of sin, deserve greater punishment than the so called ignorant.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:38 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I think what we do has to do with our salvation ( deliverance / rescue ).
After all, Jesus gave his followers instructions to do and follow at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
Jesus did spiritual works to show his believism - John 5:17.
Then you do NOT believe Jesus is the one who saves us. You want to claim credit for your own salvation. I believe Jesus and have Faith that He did what was necessary to save us. I need no credit for it.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Then you do NOT believe Jesus is the one who saves us. You want to claim credit for your own salvation. I believe Jesus and have Faith that He did what was necessary to save us. I need no credit for it.
Not quite sure what you are implying because faith does follow the things heard ( in Scripture ).
Jesus was the one who instructed the spiritual work to do at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
Doing is believing. God thinks so according to James 2:26.
Jesus saves ( delivers / rescues ) all who keep his New commandment as found at John 13:34-35.
We are to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
In other words, we are Now to love neighbor ' MORE ' than self.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:01 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times
Quote:
Dear Mystic: There is a deep seated concept in mankind that cannot bear the thought that he has zero to do with the salvation of the Loving Father, Abba.

The Lord Jesus Christ declares "You did NOT choose Me."

Old 07-20-2019, 01:04 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times
Quote:
Dear Mystic: There is a deep seated concept in mankind that cannot bear the thought that he has zero to do with the salvation of the Loving Father, Abba.

The Lord Jesus Christ declares "You did NOT choose Me."

“Trust him. And when you have done that, you are living the life of grace. No matter what happens to you in the course of that trusting - no matter how many waverings you may have, no matter how many suspicions that you have bought a poke with no pig in it, no matter how much heaviness and sadness your lapses, vices, indispositions, and bratty whining may cause you - you believe simply that Somebody Else, by his death and resurrection, has made it all right, and you just say thank you and shut up. The whole slop-closet full of mildewed performances (which is all you have to offer) is simply your death; it is Jesus who is your life. If he refused to condemn you because your works were rotten, he certainly isn't going to flunk you because your faith isn't so hot. You can fail utterly, therefore, and still live the life of grace. You can fold up spiritually, morally, or intellectually and still be safe. Because at the very worst, all you can be is dead - and for him who is the Resurrection and the Life, that just makes you his cup of tea.” - Robert Farrar Capon-

Old 07-20-2019, 01:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Not quite sure what you are implying because faith does follow the things heard ( in Scripture ).
Jesus was the one who instructed the spiritual work to do at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
Doing is believing. God thinks so according to James 2:26.
Jesus saves ( delivers / rescues ) all who keep his New commandment as found at John 13:34-35.
We are to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
In other words, we are Now to love neighbor ' MORE ' than self.
Faith is a substance, it opens your eyes to see what can only be seen in the unseen. Have faith in God...We will never see the form of God in the seen things, but if you have eyes to see into the unseen(beyond the natural way of perceiving), you see God in the seen(All things). It's kind of a parodox

Old 07-20-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Fundies think unbelievers deserve(Yes you ALL do) to go to everlasting punishment in hell because they believed they deserved it at some point too, and even though they still fall short of his glory, but because of magical believing it is somehow different for them now. I actually believe if you are all out against sinning and calling it out ancd ondemning it so that it appears to the observer that it is your favorite pastime and being conscience of the consequence of sin, deserve greater punishment than the so called ignorant.
I do find the times of ' ignorance ' is past according to Acts 17:30-31.
Because Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 has now reached the far corners of the Earth people have access to Scripture.
Even remote translation offices translate right where the people live, and translate Scripture right into those peoples mother tongue or native languages.

I find three (3) categories of people, so to speak, in Scripture:
Acts 24:15 talks of resurrections for (two) both the righteous and unrighteous ( just and unjust )
As for the third category, the ' wicked ' they will be destroyed forever - Psalm 92:7
This is why we are asked to ' repent ' if we do Not wish to ' perish ' (perish meaning destroyed forever) - 2nd Peter 3:9

Also, I find in order for there to be everlasting punishment in hell, then biblical hell would have to be permanent.
I find the Bible's hell is temporary according to Rev. 20:13-14. Religious-myth hell is permanent.
After everyone in biblical hell is ' delivered up ' (<-meaning resurrected out of hell) then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated biblical hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity