Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2019, 01:42 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,029,375 times

Advertisements

Now then, you either believe the above or not.

But belief ought to be based upon evidence - not so straightforward for the faith brigade. But it is arguable that an internal Knowing is satisfactory evidence.

Nevertheless, this is the Christianity section, and I would think it is a reasonably sacrosanct tenet of Christianity that Jesus did do this ministry, and so we should do it too.

As to how widespread demonic oppression and-or possession are, I argued in the closed thread that we all have them. ...Now, I have ridiculed (hopefully not mocked) people who have expressed such a view to me before (i.e. Rabbi 1), but now I feel the Father is bringing me and my wife into an understanding in this area. People should be allowed to change their minds - we are being changed from glory into glory.

So, let's see what the Christianity section thinks.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:00 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,083,414 times
Oh my gosh.

What if I have an "internal knowing" that my cat Berkeley, who is sitting next to me, is really the reincarnation of some god and I must worship him or be damned for all eternity? That would be "satisfactory evidence"? Oh, and he delivers other beings from demons too.

If that sounds insane to you, well, ...

OP, it would be a lot more honest for you to just say "I have faith and you don't, and faith doesn't require evidence (that's why it's called "faith"), so there."

=========

Just realized you're the poster who has a son that you believe is possessed by demons. Ugh. If you don't take him to a medical professional, you should be locked up for child abuse.

Last edited by karen_in_nh_2012; 07-10-2019 at 02:07 AM.. Reason: saw his other thread, ugh

Old 07-10-2019, 03:04 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,024,985 times
Just because people believe in miracles of deliverance of spirits and that believing in faith from God for health does not mean that they should not go to a doctor , as Jesus works through the medical communities also ......... .... Demons are very real like I woke up this morning and my legs were vibrating , and Holy Spirits said ``constriction by demons `` so I prayed the prayer of authority of believers , which all believers who have the spirit of Christ can do and in seconds the vibrations ended , as Jesus spirit cleansed these out .......... Still many months ago I had to go to a doctor and get antibiotics , see God does not condemn here because of it

Old 07-10-2019, 05:57 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,684,725 times
You aren't supposed to restart closed topics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.