Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 06:25 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times

Advertisements

Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides you.

Psalm 73:25
❤️

A comment: The mind, the ego may think in terms of boredom...limited to this dimension,
knowing only duality, time, space, thinking linearly, in terms of beginnings and endings...
so it is natural for it to think it would be boring.
When you fall in love ...do you want to leave the arms and moans of your lover?
Does nothing else exist for a time? Think in those type of terms ...the soaring of the heart, the spirit...
it helps to get into the zone of the feeling Heaven could be/is, or not
...it is, indeed, the Magical Kingdom.

My input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 07:14 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
2. Hebrews 12:22-23

But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect (Hebrews 12:22-23).

This Bible passage is rich with beautiful and detailed descriptions of heaven. The “city of the living God,” will be a spectacular place according to God’s perfect design. And, as one writer put it, the heavenly Jerusalem will be “a place of unimagined blessing.”

Those registered in heaven, having been made perfect by Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross, will assemble with an innumerable company of angels before their most holy God. To try and picture the multitudes spread out before the Living God is amazing, and altogether incomprehensible.

Mount Zion, the city of David and the eternal possession of God Most High, will be the holy city where all will assemble to worship Him.

”At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the Lord, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem. No more shall they follow the dictates of their evil hearts” (Jeremiah 3:17).

Old 07-18-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudAtheist View Post
I totally agree with you. From my observations of how various "Christians" and religious people describe this "heaven," I don't think heaven (if there is one) is beautiful. If there's a hell, I sure as hell don't want to end up there.
Jesus will be there and we Christians love Him.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:20 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Jesus will be there and we Christians love Him.
And I bet he'll have a fridge plastered with gold stars for little jimmiej.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:40 AM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Beautiful Descriptions of Heaven from the Bible

1. John 14:2-3

“In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:2-3).

Before His death, Jesus comforted his disciples with the promise that he would go and provide a place for them. The most beautiful part was His assurance that He would return for them and receive them unto Himself.

No matter how spectacular the mansions in our Father’s house, dwelling with Jesus will be the most beautiful habitation of all. Welcomed into heaven by the Way, the Truth, and the Life, will be the culmination of the hope we have in Christ.
When the apostle Paul was caught up into paradise, to the third heaven, he was given revelations and heard inexpressible words which he was not permitted to speak (2 Corinthians 12:2-4). The apostle John on the other hand was given visions of heaven (among other things) which he was told to write about in which he saw vast multitudes of people from every nation, and tribe, and peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb (Revelation 7:9-13). He also saw the angels, the elders, and the four living creatures who were around the throne.

I would like to point out that while the immediate destination of the believer after physical death is heaven, in the future, after the Millennial kingdom, in the new heaven and new earth, heaven will be on earth and the throne of God will be in the New Jerusalem which will come down out of heaven and either be on the earth, or suspended above it (Revelation chapters 21-22).

There is no way to imagine the wonders that await in the new heaven and new earth.

In anticipation of my departure from this present life, however near or far away that may be, I echo Paul's sentiment; Absent from the body and at home with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:8).

Old 07-18-2019, 09:30 AM

jimmie, between you and me..I don't care if Jesus or Mohammad or Zoroaster, or the
Legions of Angels singing His praises eternally
are there ..in that place where there is no space or time that I have heard (and may I interject,
a love so sweet and pure it pulls you upward like a vacuum - and surprise..no cynicism from City-Data buddies)
...I'm interested in my Dad...(and if He has any other service to do....after our reunion...)

Old 07-18-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
jimmie, between you and me..I don't care if Jesus or Mohammad or Zoroaster, or the
Legions of Angels singing His praises eternally
are there ..in that place where there is no space or time that I have heard (and may I interject,
a love so sweet and pure it pulls you upward like a vacuum - and surprise..no cynicism from City-Data buddies)
...I'm interested in my Dad...(and if He has any other service to do....after our reunion...)
I believe they are one and the same.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
I believe they are one and the same.
I know you do, sweetheart...and that is fine with me...he could very well be to the right ...
if I can see him in the Glare.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:17 AM

”After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, ‘Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!’” (Revelation 7:9-10)

In heaven, there will be no confusion about the Prince of Peace. Every saint, from every tribe and tongue will be clothed in robes of white, waving palm branches of genuine praise.

“Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

Old 07-18-2019, 11:40 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:

”After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, ‘Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!’” (Revelation 7:9-10)

In heaven, there will be no confusion about the Prince of Peace. Every saint, from every tribe and tongue will be clothed in robes of white, waving palm branches of genuine praise.

“Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”
And you think that's a swell way to spend eternity - wearing white robes and waving fronds?

You poor thing. Your life must be incredibly boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity