Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 02:47 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,515,398 times

Advertisements

Sad but most Christians their churches and pastors don't discuss it preach it or share it...it makes up approx. 25% of the bible and today is unfolding at mind boggling speed. I have practiced my duty Ezekiel 33 vs 1-9/Isaiah 62 v6... time is short..time for pastors churches Christians to wake up stand up and open up...where souls spend eternity are on the line.. plenty of openings up here on the wall...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 03:01 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Sad but most Christians their churches and pastors don't discuss it preach it or share it...it makes up approx. 25% of the bible and today is unfolding at mind boggling speed. I have practiced my duty Ezekiel 33 vs 1-9/Isaiah 62 v6... time is short..time for pastors churches Christians to wake up stand up and open up...where souls spend eternity are on the line.. plenty of openings up here on the wall...
Even more sad that Christians on this very forum regard the Bible as fairy tales.

Old 07-19-2019, 03:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Even more sad that Christians on this very forum regard the Bible as fairy tales.
Just the intelligent ones possessed of common sense. They, unlike you fundies, can separate wheat from chaff.

Fundies choke down the chaff.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:03 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Not really, Jeff. They just refuse to believe the fables, endless genealogies, profane and old wives tales, Jewish fables, and commandments of men that you think are necessary to believe if you want to please God.

1 Timothy 1:4
Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

1 Timothy 4:7
But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

2 Timothy 4:4
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Titus 1:14
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

2 Peter 1:16
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:02 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
I find it is Not most Christian houses of worship but so-called Christians.
'Christendom' is mostly Christian 'in name only'.
So, 'Christendom' is the modern monstrosity that developed since the time of Acts 20:29-30.
Christendom does Not spiritually ' wake up ' but rather ' dries us ' spiritually - Rev. 16:12; Rev. 17:1,15; Isaiah 57:20.
Christendom today corresponds to unfaithful Jerusalem of the year 70.
Or, just as Jesus said that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false - Matthew 7:21-23

Yes, what is ' on the line ' is the coming ' separating line ' as described at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
The figurative humble ' sheep ' can remain alive on Earth to be part of Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth.
The figurative haughty ' goats ' are classed as wicked who will be destroyed forever - Psalm 92:7.
They are like the dead souls of Rev. 16:3 B; Acts 3:23. They 'perish' forever - 2nd Peter 3:9

Old 07-19-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
I would like to take the liberty to add 'so-called Christians' because genuine ' wheat ' Christians regard Scripture as real.
The rest are the 'weed/tares' Christians who will Not inherit the kingdom (Daniel 2:44) when Jesus takes action.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Christians will forever be divided and sub-divided - ad infinitum - between those who follow the bible and those who try to follow Jesus.

Ne'er the twain shall meet.

The bible is chockful of nonsense, yet Jesus is generally considered to be a worthy role model.

Worthy, thoughtful, educated Christians can separate wheat from chaff, myth from wishful thinking, and lessons from parables.

Fundies gobble down the whole works, like at a hot dog eating contest. Ergo, it's no wonder they're allatime barfing their biliousness.

Take heart. It won't be forever. Two generations from now, fundies' impotent bellowing will be a distant - albeit darn pleasant - memory.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Christians will forever be divided and sub-divided - ad infinitum - between those who follow the bible and those who try to follow Jesus.
Ne'er the twain shall meet.
The bible is chockful of nonsense, yet Jesus is generally considered to be a worthy role model.
Worthy, thoughtful, educated Christians can separate wheat from chaff, myth from wishful thinking, and lessons from parables.
Fundies gobble down the whole works, like at a hot dog eating contest. Ergo, it's no wonder they're allatime barfing their biliousness.
Take heart. It won't be forever. Two generations from now, fundies' impotent bellowing will be a distant - albeit darn pleasant - memory.
' divided ' or ' separated ' because there is a coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
Remember: MANY come ' in Jesus name ' but prove false just as it is written at Matthew 7:21-23.
Remember too that God is Not interested in quantity but in quality.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:09 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times
I'm really glad my church doesn't get bogged down in interpretation of prophecy, especially "end times." There's plenty to focus on in the here and now, and how to follow God, love others, serve others, and engage in the activity of worship and devotion. Most sermons or articles I've ever read about prophecy ended up going down a rabbit hole of the pastor's personal interpretations, which adds little value.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I'm really glad my church doesn't get bogged down in interpretation of prophecy, especially "end times." There's plenty to focus on in the here and now, and how to follow God, love others, serve others, and engage in the activity of worship and devotion. Most sermons or articles I've ever read about prophecy ended up going down a rabbit hole of the pastor's personal interpretations, which adds little value.
I wonder what is getting 'bogged down' with 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13 because we are in the end times of badness on Earth.
To be forewarned is to be forearmed. So, I don't understand why a person would Not want to be well informed.
I see No ' rabbit hole ' as found at 1st Thess. 5:2-3 but a clear approach that what lies ahead of us is that the ' powers that be ' will be saying, " Peace and Security..." as the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
After all, in activity of worship and devotion we pray for God's kingdom to come ( thy kingdom come ).
And in connection to that we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !

Yes, there is plenty to focus on in the here and now because of what Jesus instructed to do at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
This good news of God's kingdom government of Daniel 2:44 is being proclaimed on a grand international scale.
This spiritual proclaiming about God's kingdom in the hands of Christ Jesus adds GREAT value for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity