Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 02:38 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I have no problem with Mike's verses showing me the way in, but once in, I'm in. The writer of Hebrews says this:

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

The way has been made thru Christ. But to paint the picture that you only talk to Jesus and then he passes it on to the Father isn't a good picture. This is leaning a little to heavy on the aspect of the three over the one in the three in one....

Neither do I mind the picture of Christ ever interceding for me. There's a lot of time I am heavily involved in my own "ish" to boldly go in. Glad he's there interceding for me. I DO need it.

If you haven't figured it out Miss H, I can be a mess and ain't ashamed to admit it.
I never meant to imply that prayer isn't to be addressed to the Father, though even prayer to the Father is to be done in the name of Jesus. As for intercession, Jesus is always interceding on our behalf.

To be clear to all reading this, no relationship with the Father can be established without coming to Jesus Christ for salvation. No one can receive the gift of eternal life without placing their faith in Jesus. No one is adopted into the family of God apart from faith in Christ Jesus. Anyone who thinks that they don't need Jesus to establish an eternal relationship with the Father is in for a very rude awakening in the day of judgment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 02:48 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
If you haven't figured it out Miss H, I can be a mess and ain't ashamed to admit it.
Hahaha...hey...xxoo

'Love bade me welcome.
Yet my soul drew back'
-16thc George Herbert, priest

I know all about it, man.

Old 07-23-2019, 02:55 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Anyone who thinks that they don't need Jesus to establish an eternal relationship with the Father
is in for a very rude awakening in the day of judgment.
Jesus came for exactly people like you ...take his hand....take his hand.
There is no need to try to scare the others...really.
Why on earth would you want to do that?
That was rhetorical.
It's all good.

Old 07-23-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Jesus came for exactly people like you ...take his hand....take his hand.
There is no need to try to scare the others...really.
Why on earth would you want to do that?
That was rhetorical.
It's all good.
Jesus came for everyone, including you. But no one is saved, and no one has an eternal relationship with the Father without having come to Him through Christ Jesus. Including you. All who do not come to Jesus for eternal life will be judged by Jesus at the great white throne and sent to the lake of fire forever. As I said in my first post, you either believe that the New Testament writers taught the truth, or you don't.

Old 07-23-2019, 03:16 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I've never had a problem going straight to the source, nor for taking responsibility for my own thoughts, deeds, and actions.
Yep

Old 07-23-2019, 03:32 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh man, are u ever wrong...but ok..whatever...you need an intercessor...no problem. Really.
What I see is you and mike talking about different things, you are talking about the individual and mike is talking about the kingdom of priests that was promised in the Old Testament and is also described in the New Testament
God, Christ, spirit is all the same thing and is available to all, and is not just for the scribes, Pharisees, priests or kings. But understanding what the Hebrew scriptures and Christian scriptures are and how they relate to all the other religions is for the religious people to work out

Old 07-23-2019, 03:50 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Jesus came for everyone, including you. But no one is saved, and no one has an eternal relationship with the Father without having come to Him through Christ Jesus. ...snip...
Perhaps the epitome (nadir?) of Christianity's wrongness.

Old 07-23-2019, 03:51 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
God`s Spirit , Holy Spirit does abide on my space in the spirit , and Father God and Jesus Christ are one with God`s spirit , as Jesus Spirit does have a everlasting presence here and I can sense Him any time on the night and day , and can fully discern the spirits of evil of this world , who are not of God ...... The Key to this is get the baptism of Holy Spirit where all power of God will come .....

Old 07-23-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
What I see is you and mike talking about different things, you are talking about the individual and mike is talking about the kingdom of priests that was promised in the Old Testament and is also described in the New Testament
God, Christ, spirit is all the same thing and is available to all, and is not just for the scribes, Pharisees, priests or kings. But understanding what the Hebrew scriptures and Christian scriptures are and how they relate to all the other religions is for the religious people to work out
I am talking about the fact that no individual, not you, not Miss Hepburn, not me, absolutely no one enters into eternal life, and into an eternal relationship with God the Father apart from Jesus Christ. There is no salvation for anyone if not through Jesus who died on the cross for our sins. And no one is saved until they first place their faith in Jesus for eternal salvation.

Old 07-23-2019, 03:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
I am talking about the fact that no individual, not you, not Miss Hepburn, not me, absolutely no one enters into eternal life, and into an eternal relationship with God the Father apart from Jesus Christ. There is no salvation for anyone if not through Jesus who died on the cross for our sins. And no one is saved until they first place their faith in Jesus for eternal salvation.
I bet you stamped your feet as you punched those keys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity