Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 05:59 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Meh, lol, that's alright, he has the Elijah syndrome, been there, been him, done that.
I know, I'm not concerned about you, my dear.
It's the forum rules....and simple etiquette vs rudeness...I was thinking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 07:58 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I know, I'm not concerned about you, my dear.
It's the forum rules....and simple etiquette vs rudeness...I was thinking about.
I wasn't being rude. I was stating why. For his benefit. You simply chose to ignore the rest.

Jesus was firm with those who taught in error. Was He rude?

Old 07-28-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
I wasn't being rude. I was stating why. For his benefit.

You simply chose to ignore the rest.

Jesus was firm with those who taught in error. Was He rude?
You're no Jesus.
You can't go around saying to a Christian when it suits you that ''Jesus is not their Messiah''...good grief,
be a man and own it.
Recognize the difference between your ego and godly thinking and acting.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:19 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
You're no Jesus.
You can't go around saying to a Christian when it suits you that ''Jesus is not their Messiah''...good grief,
be a man and own it.
Recognize the difference between your ego and godly thinking and acting.
He really is not well mentally, Miss H. No real point engaging him.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:15 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,429,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongyboy View Post
Like finding your car keys.
Well, look who it is! How goes it, dude? Now, as I've told you and others (for those not in the know - this was on another forum), you know that's not an accurate summary of my what happened to me, which I am persuaded was not physically possible and no coincidence. In retrospect, I suppose I was unwise to divulge the details; however, God used even my foolishness for my profit. If God is for me, who can be against me? (Romans 8:31)

I was hoping to convert people just like you, you know. And make no mistake: you will perish, unless you repent and turn to Jesus.

Don't drink to excess and make an idol out of the bottle. God created alcoholic beverages to be enjoyed in moderation. ("wine that gladdens the heart of men [...]" - Psalm 104:15). He punishes abuse. I am drinking some red wine right now. When you have a personal relationship with God, you will know when to stop; you'll know how much is too much.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
*snip*
I was hoping to convert people just like you, you know. And make no mistake: you will perish, unless you repent and turn to Jesus.

Don't drink to excess and make an idol out of the bottle. God created alcoholic beverages to be enjoyed in moderation. ("wine that gladdens the heart of men [...]" - Psalm 104:15).
He punishes abuse. I am drinking some red wine right now. When you have a personal relationship with God, you will know when to stop; you'll know how much is too much.
Oy.
Doesn't matter the truth you say...it's over powered by the glaring untruth, my friend.

Added: -No one is going to perish for heaven's sake!
We can't 'perish' we are always part and parcel of God, Himself
-God doesn't punish...I don't care what some words say on some paper.
We learn by our mistakes, sure...that is not 'punishment'.

(You know I still love ya.)

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-02-2019 at 05:59 PM..

Old 08-02-2019, 06:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Well, look who it is! How goes it, dude? Now, as I've told you and others (for those not in the know - this was on another forum), you know that's not an accurate summary of my what happened to me, which I am persuaded was not physically possible and no coincidence. In retrospect, I suppose I was unwise to divulge the details; however, God used even my foolishness for my profit. If God is for me, who can be against me? (Romans 8:31)

Don't drink to excess and make an idol out of the bottle. God created alcoholic beverages to be enjoyed in moderation. ("wine that gladdens the heart of men [...]" - Psalm 104:15). He punishes abuse. I am drinking some red wine right now. When you have a personal relationship with God, you will know when to stop; you'll know how much is too much.
The message is not believe in Jesus or else. It that was it the graven images of the so called false God’s have something more to offer than that. One day we will understand the writings in the OT were how men viewed God and not how God viewed man. Here is a verse of scripture that should have you at least considering this....

This is God viewing the world from heaven through the man Christ Jesus .>>>>>And having seen the multitudes, he was moved with compassion for them, that they were faint and cast aside, as sheep not having a shepherd.

Unfortunately many are telling a different story or a story that contradicts the love, grace and mercy of God.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:48 PM

995 posts, read 783,847 times
For those of you inquiring Minds.
https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...iversal-father

Old 08-02-2019, 07:58 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Oy.
Doesn't matter the truth you say...it's over powered by the glaring untruth, my friend.

Added: -No one is going to perish for heaven's sake!
We can't 'perish' we are always part and parcel of God, Himself
-God doesn't punish...I don't care what some words say on some paper.
We learn by our mistakes, sure...that is not 'punishment'.

(You know I still love ya.)

Old 08-02-2019, 07:59 PM

We can quote small snips from things...

"On those worlds where a Paradise Son has lived a bestowal life, God is generally known
by some name indicative of personal relationship,
tender affection, and fatherly devotion.
On your constellation headquarters God is referred to as the Universal Father, and on different planets in your local system of inhabited worlds he is variously known as the Father of Fathers,
the Paradise Father, the Havona Father, and the Spirit Father.
Those who know God through the revelations of the bestowals of the Paradise Sons, eventually yield to the sentimental appeal of the touching relationship of the creature-Creator

association and refer to God as “our Father.”- from the Urantia Book.

I call Him Dad, a lot. xo

Not many click onto links.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity