Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2019, 05:05 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
This is a beautiful testimony! Now you are making me tear up! I remember that same feeling when I was involved with legalists and fundamentalists---that this longing to love everyone was weak and soft. How the gospel has been mangled to ever suggest otherwise. The experience you describe of having your eyes opened and the heart burst open with love and mercy is what this journey is all about. I hope you continue patiently pointing others in that direction.
True 'dat! A good example for some of us with less patience (I ain't gonna mention any names, particularly not mine)

Old 08-13-2019, 05:12 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
This is a beautiful testimony! Now you are making me tear up! I remember that same feeling when I was involved with legalists and fundamentalists---that this longing to love everyone was weak and soft. How the gospel has been mangled to ever suggest otherwise. The experience you describe of having your eyes opened and the heart burst open with love and mercy is what this journey is all about. I hope you continue patiently pointing others in that direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I really think I have always had a heart of love and mercy for everyone but shied away from truly living it or proclaiming it because I grew up around too many that were like these legalists. I really thought the bible, from the picking and choosing that these types preached was correct and I was weak inside with my desire to love any and all right where they were.

So many I know have walked away from Christianity and call the bible a book of fairy tales because of this same preaching and belief system. However, I have found the more you study the bible and use Jesus himself as the primary commentator on the scripture, it aligns with what I already felt internally but felt ashamed for having that innate sense.

What has caused me to not only abandon that line of legalistic thinking isn't so much a sloppy fall into mercy over everything else (even tho that isn't a bad mantra to live by) it was having my eyes opened both by the Spirit and by the actual whole word of God interpreted thru Jesus that has made me anti legalist/fundamentalist. Seeing that holding such a stance was the one thing that Jesus condemned (and did so rather harshly) was the final break in that prison of the mind. The grave clothes came off. No more dead preaching of the law for acceptance and love. No more need to condemn others to make myself right before God.

That these guys are so blind to the fact that their belief system is the modern day version of the pharisee that rejected Jesus.... It saddens me. I keep posting hoping that some seed will take root in some soil somewhere that hasn't hardened yet.

The hardest people are those that believe that God is on their side in their judgments. So sad.

Loving someone with the radical love and grace that Christ shows us, is difficult, it is also very brave and courageous. Especially loving those who despise you, or use you. I recently found out someone used my debit card number recently without my authorization or knowing about it. I'm finding it very difficult to love that person. One side of me is all like *FOAM!! KILL! KILL!!* but I know that isn't really how I feel. So even though it's hard, I love and forgive that person.

Grace is brave. Continue to be brave sibs.

Last edited by geekigurl; 08-13-2019 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: kant spel aparentlee

Old 08-13-2019, 06:45 PM

846 posts, read 609,948 times
Quote:
Can you for one second walk the extra mile as Jesus said for you to do? And put on the shoes of the other while doing so?

Have you ever walked alongside someone that grew up in the church and has heard your warning hundreds and hundreds of times and still finds themselves with desires that don't fit the norm? Strong hard wired desires that do not turn off at the push of a button ... or harsh firm words?

You act as if you have found some secret map or discovered some new formula and that your words will bring life and change. They don't. They only add to the guilt and burden and heartache and loneliness and seclusion and despair that someone faces when they don't line up internally with the norm.

Jesus had mercy for these. Jesus understands what they deal with. Would help you in your Christianity and the cause of Christ to allow his mercy to soften you. Your words of warning have not stopped one single person from being gay. Not one.

The message of the gospel is hindered by your stance. You might not feel angry giving them out, but that is not how they are received by your intended audience. Sexuality is not changed by scaring the hell into someone. You oppose Jesus when you do this and that is incredibly sad.

That's me, beeping on the fork lift.
I am not concern about people’s feelings. I am concerned that many have been led astray by very wicked people and their lies. If just one reader ponders the gravity of their transgression and the consequences, then mission accomplish. Perhaps they will turn from abomination and be saved from God’s wrath.

You are correct by saying Jesus is the perfect example. Read what He says about eternal damnation. It is harsh. It is graphic. It is Truth.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:03 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
How is this attack permissible on this Site?
Report it if you think it is an infraction.... duh

Old 08-13-2019, 07:29 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
I am not concern about people’s feelings. I am concerned that many have been led astray by very wicked people and their lies. If just one reader ponders the gravity of their transgression and the consequences, then mission accomplish. Perhaps they will turn from abomination and be saved from God’s wrath.

You are correct by saying Jesus is the perfect example. Read what He says about eternal damnation. It is harsh. It is graphic. It is Truth.

Christ was.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
I am not concern about people’s feelings....snip...
Duh!

Old 08-13-2019, 08:32 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Quote:

So you think homosexuality begins outside a person and is caused by lies of wicked people which led them astray. That without these wicked people leading others astray, there wouldn't be any sexual attraction of any kind outside the normal heterosexual one man/one woman virginal until married night kind of sexual identity.

Please give me a real life example of what that looks like, this evilness that leads otherwise normal heterosexual individuals into homosexuality.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:33 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Christ was.

He was also very harsh at times. No, we should not try to be offensive, but sometimes the message of Christ does offend.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:37 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
He was also very harsh at times. No, we should not try to be offensive, but sometimes the message of Christ does offend.
Harshest to the Fundamentalists of the day.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:39 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Harshest to the Fundamentalists of the day.
The ones that had perverted the message and chose to follow their own religion. So stop it.

That doesn't describe us "Fundies" that actually follow the teachings of the apostles, his followers, and of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity