Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2019, 04:17 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Almost had withdrawals when I saw the other thread closed. My new best online buddies, how was I gonna chat? Hi guys!

*hugs*

Hi Saintmarks

Old 07-25-2019, 04:20 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Sexuality Immorality is a sin and that is from cover to cover int the bible. Straight folks having sex outside of marriage is a sin and the same applies to homosexuality, as the bible clearly shows marriage is between a man and woman only. So Same Sex Marriage might be recognized by the state, but God probably sees the two as no more than just close friends from above, and not a married couple. I guess another topic that doesn't get discussed is ll the Christians that divorce and remarry for reasons outside of sexual immorality, are they seen as sexually immoral in the eyes of God too.

But since this comment isnt pro gay, im ready for all he attacks to follow.
So you are also going with the "Gay people should just act straight or be celibate their entire lives" argument. It is just as dumb when you say it, as it is when others do.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I say Jesus loves the promiscuous and STD ridden just as much as anyone. Maybe even more. He realizes what hole is in their psyche that leads to searching for love in all the wrong places. He's there with open arms.

I believe that too. Some Christians use promiscuity and STDs to slander LGBTQ people as a group, as you know, which is why I mentioned that. They seem to ignore or dismiss as irrelevant the many LGBTQ couples who have been together for years, even decades.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure. No one argued otherwise. Jesus loves everyone, and wants everyone to come to Him.

The other poster suggested that mentioning things like STD prevalence in gay men is hateful. Why would it be hateful when it is factually correct? Statistics show STD prevalence is significantly higher in gay men than non-gay. I do not remember who brought it up, but it is obvious someone would bring it up sooner or later in a 1000 page discussion. STD is the result of a lifestyle choice, just like cancer is to smoking of liver disease is to excessive drinking. It is absurd to blame STD on anyone but the person who acquired it. And yes, many heteros have STD too for the same obvious reasons, but it just happens to be significantly more prevalent in gay men.

Now we have Warden coming in with his Nazi talk, and claims that Biblical view is indeed hateful, so I'll leave you to talk to him and Trout since you guys speak the same 'language'.

So the issue is unprotected sex, not those eeevvviilll gey menz. Right?

Old 07-25-2019, 04:51 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

1. Focus on your own sin and leave other's sin alone
2. Point out sin in others
3. Ignore it

Three contradicting views in a matter of hours.......

I told you before that nothing about you adds up.
You don't care do you? You really don't give a damn about others. This isn't an argument about sin or the church or any of that. You don't love others. Yourself alone.

That is so sad.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:01 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Sexuality Immorality is a sin and that is from cover to cover int the bible. Straight folks having sex outside of marriage is a sin and the same applies to homosexuality, as the bible clearly shows marriage is between a man and woman only. So Same Sex Marriage might be recognized by the state, but God probably sees the two as no more than just close friends from above, and not a married couple. I guess another topic that doesn't get discussed is ll the Christians that divorce and remarry for reasons outside of sexual immorality, are they seen as sexually immoral in the eyes of God too.

But since this comment isnt pro gay, im ready for all he attacks to follow.
The question to ask is, "when did some kind of ceremony or paperwork become 'marriage?'" It has always been about commitment, and giving an example of a normal situation does not limit commitment to that norm. Your prejudice is showing.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I believe that too. Some Christians use promiscuity and STDs to slander LGBTQ people as a group, as you know, which is why I mentioned that. They seem to ignore or dismiss as irrelevant the many LGBTQ couples who have been together for years, even decades.
I'm guessing I'm going out on a limb here... those within the realms of homosexuality still have to prove that they are acceptable by saying the stable relationship thing. That's great. But the promiscuous need the love of Christ just as much. Don't need to be stigmatized. And certainly don't need to be held to a higher standard in this regard than their heterosexual counterparts.

There is an inherent human nature to label sin by degrees or, in contrast, to label levels of goodness. All a vain effort to make us feel better about ourselves I think.... someone out there is worse than me so I look better.

Why the whole other thread started I do believe. Some Christians find a comfort in finding someone worse than their ownselves.

I gave up on that a few years back. I have no problem recognizing before God that I am the least of these. I am not better than a gay man in a loving committed monogamous relationship. Neither am I better than the gay man sleeping with multiple partners each week.

Is that risky behavior? Of course it can be. Heteros engage in similar promiscuous behavior without the stigma that goes along with heterosexual relationships. I can understand promiscuity in the gay community moreso because of the inability for many to be out and establish healthy relationships. The other side in this debate is why for many.

Is this excusing anyone? No. But it is having empathy. The promiscuous need to be loved just as much as the buttoned down non-partier do everything-by-the-book person. Perhaps even moreso.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
*hugs*

Hi Saintmarks
Haha, Hi Gurl!

Old 07-25-2019, 05:08 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
So the issue is unprotected sex, not those eeevvviilll gey menz. Right?
No, the issue is more having sex with multiple partners. That spreads diseases are quickly. And unfortunately, this behavior is overwhelmingly present in the gay population. Otherwise, the stats would show heteros having just as high infection rates.

And what happened to the claim that once SSM was legalized, gay people would want to stop behaving this way and be monogamous. They only did it out of craving for affection. The infection rate should be dropping then, not going up to record levels!

Old 07-25-2019, 05:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
jeff's fascination with male gay sex continues unabated....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity