Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2019, 10:02 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I've asked this before, but what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? It's a question from left field that has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not it's a moral act. I've repeatedly stated that we should not mistreat gay people, so that isn't the question, either.

You'd have to ask that person. As I pointed out before, I really don't believer it matters what is actually said, because you and others have demonstrated repeatedly that our answers don't matter to you.
And the point remains that all you are going on is YOUR interpretation of scripture you claim expresses God's wishes. You are unwilling to address other interpretations or possibilities or even the idea that God doesn't make arbitrary rules that have nothing to do with actual harm incurred.

You are unwilling to discuss the fact that just expressing your unsubstantiated opinion on "sin" causes actual harm to people who are harming no one.

And you claim the right of individuals to cause that harm and to withhold normal services because of their unsubstantiated RELIGIOUS perceptions.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:02 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
You claim to be a smart guy, I'm sure you can figure it out.
Two women holding hands?

Two men holding hands?

Old 08-22-2019, 10:03 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Isn't that what this whole thread is about? That people are up in arms because Christians consider homosexual acts to be immoral?

Fact is, no one here has suggested we mistreat anyone. No one here thinks gay people should be harmed, or have their rights taken away. I can't figure out why Christians keep getting attacked on this.
When someone disagrees with you or Christianism, it's an attack?

Old 08-22-2019, 10:04 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
When someone disagrees with you or Christianism, it's an attack?
I'm not sure what "Christianism" is. But you are certainly welcome to disagree with me. I'll even defend your right to be wrong. You have a right to an opinion.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And the point remains that all you are going on is YOUR interpretation of scripture you claim expresses God's wishes. You are unwilling to address other interpretations or possibilities or even the idea that God doesn't make arbitrary rules that have nothing to do with actual harm incurred.

You are unwilling to discuss the fact that just expressing your unsubstantiated opinion on "sin" causes actual harm to people who are harming no one.

And you claim the right of individuals to cause that harm and to withhold normal services because of their unsubstantiated RELIGIOUS perceptions.
right. So now you're the thought police attacking anyone that dares have a stray thought that goes against your views.

good for you to actually articulate that and own up to your bigotry.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:10 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Two women holding hands?

Two men holding hands?
Or a guy kissing his husband, or a lady kissing her wife?

Old 08-22-2019, 10:19 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
right. So now you're the thought police attacking anyone that dares have a stray thought that goes against your views.

good for you to actually articulate that and own up to your bigotry.
No, actually, I am pointing out that you offer only opinions that have been shown to cause actual harm, and I might add that they are the reason for laws against discrimination on the basis of sexuality. You offer nothing in return but accusations that well documented facts are "bigotry."

Old 08-22-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, actually, I am pointing out that you offer only opinions that have been shown to cause actual harm, and I might add that they are the reason for laws against discrimination on the basis of sexuality. You offer nothing in return but accusations that well documented facts are "bigotry."
OK, thought police Seargent Nate.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure what "Christianism" is. But you are certainly welcome to disagree with me. I'll even defend your right to be wrong. You have a right to an opinion.
Defend, my right to be wrong? You need to wipe that off your shoe.
What makes you believe that it is NOT you who are wrong?

Old 08-22-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure what "Christianism" is.
A particular view of Christian fundamentalism, as Jesus sought that of loving others; not earthly power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity