Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2019, 08:31 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
No, I said it because it's true, and to dispel the lie that we're all a bunch of promiscuous sex fiends. You, like Jeff and BF (and KJoe, and...) just can't admit that there are LGBT folk like myself with high moral standards. Why is that?
Because that would mean letting go of their hatred and bigotry.

And they know, deep in what's left of their hearts, that you are a much better person - a much better Christian - than they will ever be.

And that churns their bile.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:33 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Well that is irrelevant. The point is that it is a harmful lifestyle that is both physically dangerous and certainly spiritually.

What lifestyle? Promiscuity, or being LGBT? There really is no difference to you is there?

Attitudes like this are why I can't serve in my church. No matter how close to Christ I am, no matter how I live my life, it doesn't matter that I'm celibate; I will never be good enough for them to accept me as a full member, and I'll never be good enough to be called a sister by some here.

I'm so thankful that God's love and mercy is far greater than theirs, it is greater than we can imagine.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:37 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Assuming this is true (which I'm not), what would you propose that society do about it?
since you only care about the politics of right now and the4 power of right now.. you don't care for what will be.. so this is the Christian list and so I will say what I think will be and God's answer for it....

...I will tell you what FATHER God is probaBLY GOING TO DO ABOUT IT .

before us sit a thousand-year sabbath rule of his Son. it pretty much has started.. well the end has started and that is the beginning of the end and the beginning of the new..
now the Son doesn't expect all of us to become glorious new creations over night.
but a new masterpiece is only one desire away .... if you only have one thing you would love the Father to change about yourself . It is just one desire away.. and one tiny bit of hope that takes that first step. a thousand mile journey starts with one step... it isn't a sprint...
you see the son and the father isn't going to change anyone that does not seek to be changed ...

now there is a thousand years before us .
if we consider that it took 1000 years ( from king David to the cross was more than 1000 years) at least for the Father to develop/train the Son.. and him dealing in the business of sin maybe still has developed ( maybe for the "Good" and maybe for the "evil" as him as all of our tree of knowledge....3000 + years to develop Him even further in the last 2000 years of living in twisted folks heads)

I am convinced that the Son and maybe Solomon becomes the tree of knowledge of good and evil for our future...( and those or things promised to us like fountains of wisdom that give us answers and living waters that change us or start the process of changing our desires ).. but He can and will only change us only when we seek to be changed ) .. thus these things can answer our questions before we do something stupid like marry someone that it won't work out right/eous ..
so I think there is 1000 years of levels and dimensions of societies coming ... maybe something like levels of heaven and hells of what will be in that society coming ..
so then if you want something different than where you are then....when true knowledge is available.. like now... you will have to seek HIM to change or stay where you are.
the clue I have is just a few verses...

this verse about the past end times

Mic 4:5

For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God forever and ever.

and a previous verse to show this is after the end of days
Mic 4:3

And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

so that is after his kingdom comes...

here is also this verse.
Zec 8:23

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

the point being is that of the resurrected and those that live through it ..because they walked in peace..
will go to the feasts seeking God .. his peace his wisdom and his change )

Zec 8:19

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; The fast of the fourth month, and the fast of the fifth, and the fast of the seventh, and the fast of the tenth, shall be to the house of Judah joy and gladness, and cheerful feasts; therefore love the truth and peace.

Zec 8:20

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; It shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities:

Zec 8:21

And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts: I will go also.

Zec 8:22

Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.

Zec 8:23

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

and there is 1000 years of mans rule left plus 24 1/2 years .. before Father's rule takes over all the earth.
1000 years to change.. 1000 years to gain new hopes and desires and to walk in new paths and new blessings.. but you have to make to that New Day.

or not

and that end is surerand much quicker...

and that there is an "outside" level.....those who are left outside.... meaning they can not come inside.....

Rev 22:15
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

and that verse is after these verses. Rev 21:3

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God ( fathers)is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Rev 21:4

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Rev 21:5

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Rev 21:6

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev 21:7

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Rev 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

these are still that after the 1000 years.. they availed themselves of nothing and did not seek knowledge and did not seek change.

so people of their of own confusion have a few options... seek Him to change us, one day at a time..and a thousand years to do it all in.
but it all starts with repentance and one step on a thousand-year journey.
he will fulfill every heart that desires to be made new.
to those who don't, well the word is clear.
but alot of stuff can happen in a 1000 years where there is the truth and true knowledge is available..and 6000 years of heavens way better records and also humanities records ... of a zillions ways of just how not to do it right and how to really mess it up. will certainly be available ( well probably not the raunchy stuff )..

as far as who you love.. is anyone really that impressed with what you all think love is ?
men have chosen time and time again to lust over love and to fornicate and adulterate over learning to love..
all other options on the table man have created at the cost of learning how to truly love someone in no way narsissitic..... costs them nothing and is worth nothing even to them. and why they can build nothing and can turn to anyone else.. because they have bonded their souls to experiences and to pleasure and not really another person.
and that is why few peoples relationship last now.

the idea of love as a sacrifice of praise to God and health to all his creation.. is unknown..
but it will become normal... one day sooner than later.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-04-2019 at 08:47 AM..

Old 09-04-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Would you feel the same way if your friend struggled with attraction to children but never acted out on them? That's not saying anything against your friend. Just wondering how your perspective would change if we swap out one form of sexual immorality with another. The individual examples don't really prove anything because we are all on separate spiritual journeys. It's quite possible that your friend has a stronger relationship with Christ than many Christians, but we are speaking in generalities. And the general reality is that homosexuality does not bear good fruit. It bears disease, depression, and suicide in many.

For the love of Christ! We are not generalities, we are people Jeff! What is wrong with you?

We are not generalities!

We are not statistics!

We are people!

I just want to be seen as a person, on equal footing. Why is that impossible. I don't know.

What depresses me most, is that there are some Christians who will never accept me as one of their own. So I face rejection over and over, and it never ends. There never is closure. There never is healing. I'm being told by their words and actions that it doesn't matter how closely I follow Christ, I will never be good enough for them to accept me.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:53 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Well, here's something interesting related to this topic.

https://people.com/human-interest/co...es-out-as-gay/

It seems that McKrae Game, who founded Hope for Wholeness in 1999 has come out as gay. The faith-based conversion therapy program in South Carolina works to suppress or completely change a person’s LGBTQ+ sexuality through counseling and interventions. This man used to preach that being gay would send someone to hell.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Fundies believe whatever reinforces their hatred and bigotry.

Agreed.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Because that would mean letting go of their hatred and bigotry.

And they know, deep in what's left of their hearts, that you are a much better person - a much better Christian - than they will ever be.

And that churns their bile.

Bless you, TD.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:59 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
This was on my Facebook feed today. Thought it apropos for this group. Sad thing is those who need to grasp this truth the most are those who will dismiss it first.

“We draw people to Christ not by loudly discrediting what they believe, by telling them how wrong they are and how right we are, but by showing them a light that is so lovely that they want with all their hearts to know the source of it.”

- Madeleine L'engle

Old 09-04-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Well, here's something interesting related to this topic.

https://people.com/human-interest/co...es-out-as-gay/

It seems that McKrae Game, who founded Hope for Wholeness in 1999 has come out as gay. The faith-based conversion therapy program in South Carolina works to suppress or completely change a person’s LGBTQ+ sexuality through counseling and interventions. This man used to preach that being gay would send someone to hell.

That is interesting, thanks for sharing mensa.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
This was on my Facebook feed today. Thought it apropos for this group. Sad thing is those who need to grasp this truth the most are those who will dismiss it first.

“We draw people to Christ not by loudly discrediting what they believe, by telling them how wrong they are and how right we are, but by showing them a light that is so lovely that they want with all their hearts to know the source of it.”

- Madeleine L'engle

I love that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity