Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2019, 08:21 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Weird how Jesus said otherwise.
No he didn’t. If there is no love there is no shedding of blood, it’s as simple as that. To think you cannot forgive without the shedding of blood is very immature, that I was for a number of years.

As the old hymn says..... Love Lifted Me.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:32 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
If, by discussion you mean me defending attacks on Christianity, then yes, I suppose we have.
By "we", I meant the general "we", by the way. As in all of us. You have shown that you have a closed mind when dealing with non believers, as well as other Christians.

Quote:
The Bible is clear on the topic of homosexuality. God is not a fan. He says it's wrong. But I've also made it clear that despite the accusations, I do not view homosexuals as 2nd class citizens, and in fact I have treated the gay men and women I've known in my life better than I have been treated by many non-Christians on this forum. But then the anonymity of the internet tends to foster that kind of behavior. Any moment now, fish guy will come along to chirp chirp chirp his insults.
To you it is. To others, it obviously isn't. You aren't willing to take a look at it from their POV though, because you have already closed your mind to it, and have become okay with discrimination and prejudice. You can say you treat gay people the same or better all you want, but we all see that this is a lie.

Would you go to those gay people's weddings, BF? Would you get them a wedding gift? Would you treat them the same as any other couple that you knew who was getting married? Yea, I think not. So spare us your, "I have black friends moment", okay?

Quote:
I agree. Discrimination is wrong. I have considered your side, and we are in agreement. The fact that you still call it discrimination proves to me that you haven't considered my side. You can't see the difference between someone refusing to serve a function by making a cake for a ceremony and outright refusing to serve someone. I find that to be a shame. I'm sorry that you're that closed-minded that you can't understand the point of view of someone that disagrees with you.

Let me know when you'd be willing to engage my open mind.
No, you don't. That is clearly a lie, and much clearer than the morality of the Bible. You believe Christians should be able to turn gay people away because they don't agree with "that lifestyle". No matter how many times you claim otherwise, that is discrimination. Full stop. Your interpretation of it is irrelevant.

I see what you consider to be the difference. Doesn't mean I have to agree with that though, does it? Because here's the thing... You claim it has nothing to do with them being gay. That is clearly a lie. If they weren't gay, they never would have been turned away. The circumstances are irrelevant, at least in the cases we have seen, since they aren't asking for anything out of the ordinary, and simply items already made by the business. If they were asking for some huge gay pride cake, then we could talk. They weren't though, were they?

So let me ask you, if it isn't the fact that they are gay, then what is the reason for refusing to make the cake? Because it is for a GAY wedding? That means the reason is that they are gay... You can try and spin it however you want, but it is discrimination, and you have no open mind in regards to this issue.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Not everyone. But some. There are a lot of other Christians that post here that have different opinions, and we'll amicably disagree as brothers and sisters.
Which means that the Bible is not "clear", as you keep saying... So thanks for making my point. Again.

Quote:
But to suggest, as you (and others have), that there are so many different views, so why bother? That's lazy. And dishonest.
Who suggested that? You were the one that said "It's really not all that complicated to anyone that is willing to put in a bit of effort to understand it.". My point, was that the only way this makes sense, is if you are saying that only your interpretation is correct, and everyone else simply doesn't understand it because they haven't put in the effort. Otherwise, you are proving my point, yet again, that the Bible is not "clear", as you keep saying.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:05 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Why is it that you believe that a made up system of morality is completely objective, but you base your entire faith on the gnostic feelings that you get about Jesus instead of God's inspired Word?
Because I believe in the nature and guidance of the Spirit Jesus promised as recorded in what you call "God's inspired Word," why don't you? Run through "the fruit of the Spirit" again and tell me how harm done to others fits.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:28 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Because I believe in the nature and guidance of the Spirit Jesus promised as recorded in what you call "God's inspired Word," why don't you? Run through "the fruit of the Spirit" again and tell me how harm done to others fits.
Again....I'll just point out the irony in the notion that you believe the Spirit guides you to the Word that you don't want to actually believe over the feelings that you get.

Incredible to think about. Why?

Old 09-12-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Which means that the Bible is not "clear", as you keep saying... So thanks for making my point. Again.
Yes. Non-essential doctrines that are not clearly spelled out.
Quote:

Who suggested that? You were the one that said "It's really not all that complicated to anyone that is willing to put in a bit of effort to understand it.". My point, was that the only way this makes sense, is if you are saying that only your interpretation is correct, and everyone else simply doesn't understand it because they haven't put in the effort. Otherwise, you are proving my point, yet again, that the Bible is not "clear", as you keep saying.
It isn't. If you want to put in a bit of effort to understand it, it can be understood. Look at the text, in context, and look at historical views of the texts in the past. The clear teachings are clear. On the unclear ones, we can certainly disagree. But the Bible's view of homosexuality is not something that is unclear to anyone with basic reading comprehension skills, assuming they want to understand it.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Yes. Non-essential doctrines that are not clearly spelled out.

It isn't. If you want to put in a bit of effort to understand it, it can be understood. Look at the text, in context, and look at historical views of the texts in the past. The clear teachings are clear. On the unclear ones, we can certainly disagree. But the Bible's view of homosexuality is not something that is unclear to anyone with basic reading comprehension skills, assuming they want to understand it.
This is just simply not true. Romulus proved that this is not true. But you do you boo.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No he didn’t. If there is no love there is no shedding of blood, it’s as simple as that. To think you cannot forgive without the shedding of blood is very immature, that I was for a number of years.

As the old hymn says..... Love Lifted Me.
Nowhere have I suggested that the shedding of Jesus' blood was not necessary. Of course it is. But he did it not just to show us he loved us, but to actually pay the penalty for our sin. That's what the Bible says.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:41 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Again....I'll just point out the irony in the notion that you believe the Spirit guides you to the Word that you don't want to actually believe over the feelings that you get.

Incredible to think about. Why?
You actually need me to tell you again ? You can’t seem to grasp that I am not considering the Bible as “ guide” any more than you should since that very book says that the Spirit is, SO everything is subject to confirmation BY The Spirit and conforming to the nature of the Spirit as taught by Jesus and the Apostles.
Now, why is it that you don’t seem to want to deal with “the fruit of the Spirit” listed in your book, but seek to distract with a question that has been answered several times?

Old 09-12-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
This is just simply not true. Romulus proved that this is not true. But you do you boo.
There is no way Romulus comes to that understanding from the text alone. Not a chance. But when we read into the text what isn't there, it can be made to say whatever want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity