Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2019, 07:09 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
That's funny, I thought I was the one making the case that orientation is irrelevant. When did the sides change? You certainly are a confusing person to converse with.

You cited the verses from 1 Cor from a translation that adds a modern coined word that the bible writer didn't use. The bible writer did not use the term "homosexual" in that passage and the words used do not convey sexual orientation. We have covered this already.
You're absolutely right. The Bible does not mention an orientation. It only addresses behavior, which it condemns outright.
Quote:
It is like ostracizing someone who is left handed. How about we take the word translated as "reviler" and say it means someone left handed. Let's tell them all to use their right hand as if it were their left. Not that the left hand caused anyone any harm, caused any one to sin in and of itself, unless said left hand picked up stones and knives and carved someone up. While we are at it, lets cite how many left handed people do use that left hand to harm themselves and/or someone else, or even do actions with it like pick their nose or scratch their butt or something else we find uncouth more so than right handed people as proof....

Makes about as much sense. What is a "reviler" anyway?
That's quite the logical jump. You go from saying there is no orientation to complaining that the Bible condemns orientation. Which is it?

Bottom line is, the Bible condemns homosexual behavior. In Romans 1 it actually condemns lust of the heart, and burning with passion for the same gender, as well. The question of orientation is simply irrelevant.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
There you go again staining the image of Jesus with equating LGBT with pedophilia.
Where? To make that statement is a straight up lie. I have never equated any gay person with pedophilia. You should be ashamed of yourself for that personal attack.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:15 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Where? To make that statement is a straight up lie. I have never equated any gay person with pedophilia. You should be ashamed of yourself for that personal attack.
But you kinda did though... You used the example of "Jesus never spoke on pedophilia" to try and make a point about homosexuality... If you can't see where he as coming from in saying " equating LGBT with pedophilia", then that is a YOU problem. You guys do this all the time. You compare being gay to things that harm others, such as pedophilia or kleptomania, and then say, "I NEVER SAID THAT!".

Old 10-01-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
But you kinda did though... You used the example of "Jesus never spoke on pedophilia" to try and make a point about homosexuality... If you can't see where he as coming from in saying " equating LGBT with pedophilia", then that is a YOU problem. You guys do this all the time. You compare being gay to things that harm others, such as pedophilia or kleptomania, and then say, "I NEVER SAID THAT!".
No. That is not equating it. It's saying Jesus never spoke on it. That's it. Please just stop lying about others. If you're unable to win an argument without misrepresenting the other side, it says a lot. So please just stop it.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
No. That is not equating it. It's saying Jesus never spoke on it. That's it. Please just stop lying about others. If you're unable to win an argument without misrepresenting the other side, it says a lot. So please just stop it.
There was no misrepresenting. You equated the two. Period. If anyone is lying, or just plain misunderstanding, it is you. When you use pedophilia as an example, when talking about homosexuality, you ARE equating or comparing the two. Period. Your ignorance is irrelevant to that fact.

Not to mention, it isn't the first time you, Jeff, or Finn have used this same argument. You compare gay people to pedos, people who have sex with family members or animals, kleptos, alcoholics, etc etc... Then say, "STOP LYING! I NEVER SAID THAT!"...

Old 10-01-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
There was no misrepresenting. You equated the two. Period.
No. I did not. Period. No reasonable person with an 8th grade reading capacity would make that statement.

This is why we can't have a civil discussion. When you ignore our actual statements and accuse us of things we don't say, it's like arguing with a 3 year old.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
No. I did not. Period. No reasonable person with an 8th grade reading capacity would make that statement.

This is why we can't have a civil discussion. When you ignore our actual statements and accuse us of things we don't say, it's like arguing with a 3 year old.
I quoted your actual statement, BF. So how could I ignore it? Fact is, when you use something like pedophilia to try and make a point about homosexuality, you ARE comparing or equating the two. You can sit here and say I don't have an 8th grade reading level, or I'm acting like a 3 year old all you want, but it doesn't change that fact. Sorry. Don't compare or equate homosexuality with those types of things, people won't call you out on them. It is pretty simple, BF.

IF I was using pedophilia in the same post as fundies, you know dang well what you would think, so stop playing dumb.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Neither of you answer anything at all. I invite readers to go to your thread entitled “Are evangelical Christians less intelligent. They can go through that not yet overly long thread to see if you posted a single fact, although I suspect you count your repeated “poor persecuted christians” cry to be an answer. I’ve provided MULTIPLE sources with multiple studies showing that the intelligence level of fundamentalists is lower than those with less religiosity.

If you say not so, then provide your response to this post with a valid survey saying your as smart or smarter.

This is the test, dear readers, can finn respond with anything other than “nub-uh?”
Smart? I never argued I was smart. That would be arrogant. I only have the IQ God gave me. Your desire to portray Christians as stupid is well documented. You kept saying it on countless threads, and in the end a thread was opened and dedicated for you, so you could vent out about it there, but here you are again, parroting the same 'stuff' on multiple threads.

Either way, you seem to have missed the point Joe was making, because he said the questions regarding homosexuality in this thread have been answered, and not only once, but dozens of times, and not only on this thread. It seems when one of these threads goes away, another is immediately opened so the "show must go on" as the Queens singer said just before he died of AIDS.

Quote:
Don't expect it to ever stop. When they are not misrepresenting others, they are accusing others of misrepresenting them. Waste of time.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-01-2019 at 07:54 AM..

Old 10-01-2019, 07:48 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
Quote:
You're absolutely right. The Bible does not mention an orientation. It only addresses behavior, which it condemns outright.

That's quite the logical jump. You go from saying there is no orientation to complaining that the Bible condemns orientation. Which is it?

Bottom line is, the Bible condemns homosexual behavior. In Romans 1 it actually condemns lust of the heart, and burning with passion for the same gender, as well. The question of orientation is simply irrelevant.
I forget your reading comprehension is not adult level. I will suspend the use of analogies from here on out.

What behaviors is the bible condemning? What is meant by being condemned? The woman caught in adultery was not condemned. Who is doing the condemning, even of behaviors?

What about the prodigal son, he was doing all manners of evil. Might have even played with the boys. Who knows? The Father received him and loved him. Where is his condemnation?

David was lauded in the scriptures as a man after God's own heart. Where is his condemnation? He had multiple wives. He possibly had a serious fling with Jonathan. And his son Solomon? His sexually explicit writings are part of the bible. Where is his condemnation for his ACTS?

No word pictures there to confuse you the time. Actual bible characters and actual bible stories. Do you need more? Where is their condemnation? Who is condemning them?

Old 10-01-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
I forget your reading comprehension is not adult level. I will suspend the use of analogies from here on out.

What behaviors is the bible condemning? What is meant by being condemned? The woman caught in adultery was not condemned. Who is doing the condemning, even of behaviors?
The sin of adultery is condemned. But Jesus told her to sin no more. He didn't affirm her sin and encourage her to carry on.
Quote:
What about the prodigal son, he was doing all manners of evil. Might have even played with the boys. Who knows? The Father received him and loved him? Where is his condemnation?
Did the father encourage the son to continue in his sin?
Quote:
David was lauded in the scriptures as a man after God's own heart. Where is his condemnation? He had multiple wives. And his son Solomon? His sexually explicit writings are part of the bible. Where is his condemnation for his ACTS?
David's baby died because of his adultery. He was judged harshly for it. He was said to be a man after God's heart because he always repented and came back to God.

As for Solomon, he's portrayed as a tragic tale. He had all the wisdom in the world, but he strayed from God. He was led astray by his wealth and his wives.

Nowhere does the Bible actually excuse sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity