Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2019, 01:18 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Good grief. I'm done.
Quote:
I never did that. This is your gameplan, though. You accuse me falsely of discrimination. You accuse me of comparing them to pedophiles. You accuse me of hatred. You accuse others of being homosexual. This is a pattern. It's sad. So I'm done interacting with you until I see you apologize for lying about me. Have someone let me know when you post that apology.
Ironically these are the same people who feign outrage at imagined misrepresentations of their own comments.

Nothing new at the CD series of homosexual 'persecution' threads.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Good grief. I'm done.
Promises, promises.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:37 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
How can you say impossible? Say you choose to believe that homosexuality as an orientation is sinful. Say that. Say that it is your interpretation of scripture. But be honest and say that you had been told that it was sinful long before you read the scriptures on it. Your doctrine was formed before you ever studied scripture. You did NOT come to this subject matter in a vacuum.

Others have, others have changed their thought on this when balancing the whole of the scripture, so don't use terms like "its is clear" and "it is impossible."

You know what is possible? To let go of long held doctrinal beliefs and find that scripture does not back it up. When Jesus chooses not to speak on a subject matter, it is worthy of looking at what others in the scripture say about it.

And when the message of Jesus is tarnished by holding views that are discriminatory to a minority population, you diminish the gospel. You need to see the God of the impossible and see him clearly. I implore you.
Quote:
The Bible teaches us that God made male and female. He ordained marriage as 1 man, 1 woman. He allowed men to marry multiple women at times. But he never once declared male/male or female/female sexual relationships or marriage to be good.

To go further, he explicitly stated homosexual behavior was sinful. There is no debating that. It is clear. I'm sorry for being so clear on this. It's a sinful behavior.

As for Jesus "not speaking" on it? He affirmed male/female marriage in Adam and Eve. Nevermind the fact that he's God and he inspired the Bible. In any event, Jesus never spoke on pedophilia. You going to come out for that, now?
Quote:
There you go again staining the image of Jesus with equating LGBT with pedophilia. Would you sit with a pedophile for pizza or next to at church? Why do you do this, act like you are loving and accepting then equate them with a criminal?

Do you not see how unbiblical that is, how unChristlike that is?
Just so everyone here is clear, here is my post, BFs response and my response to him. EDIT: I made bold the specific area where I say he equates pedophiles with LGBT.

BF claims (and Finn backs him up) that he did not equate homosexuality with pedophilia here and says I am a liar for saying that about him.

I will let the conversation stand the test. I have been called a liar here. I don't think I am. I don't care if I am being called that, but for the sake of LGBT that are either feeling estranged from the church, are thinking of turning their backs on the church or who might be totally unchurched, for the sake of Jesus and his love for them, I will stand and refute this kind of thinking and let them know this is NOT the way a growing number of even evangelical Christians think about them. It is certainly not the way Jesus feels about them.

I do not portend to win a debate with these guys. It is for people that will come and read that I post.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:40 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
I never did that. This is your gameplan, though. You accuse me falsely of discrimination. You accuse me of comparing them to pedophiles. You accuse me of hatred. You accuse others of being homosexual. This is a pattern. It's sad. So I'm done interacting with you until I see you apologize for lying about me. Have someone let me know when you post that apology.
You may not discriminate yourself, but you certainly don't care that other Christians do so, and you call for their ability to continue to do so. You have certainly compared or equated homosexuals to pedos, as has been shown multiple times in the last few pages as well. If you don't want to be called out for these things, stop saying them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 10-01-2019, 01:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
...snip...

I do not portend to win a debate with these guys. It is for people that will come and read that I post.
Me too. Trying to change the minds of fundies like BeeFy and Finny is an exercise in futility. They're too far down the rabbit hole.

I post for the lurkers to help steer them away from becoming spiritually retarded.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I see, you still are not thinking about what it is you are saying. Did you not say, He was judged harshly for it?
Quote:
Yes. It was a judgment. The baby died as a result. David was forgiven, but there were negative repurcussions.
Quote:
Whose judgment, Mr. BF? Are you saying the infant was less important, than David?
BTW - you did compare or contrast homosexuals with pedophile sexual gratification.
Quote:
Good grief. I'm done.
Deflecting from answering the question? Or, you simply do not have an answer?

Old 10-01-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Deflecting from answering the question? Or, you simply do not have an answer?
Deflect. Dodge. Deny.

The three "D's" of fundamentalism.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
I never did that. This is your game plan, though. You accuse me falsely of discrimination. You accuse me of comparing them to pedophiles. You accuse me of hatred. You accuse others of being homosexual. This is a pattern. It's sad. So I'm done interacting with you until I see you apologize for lying about me. Have someone let me know when you post that apology.
He doesn't need to apologize for the way you phrased your statement:

As for Jesus "not speaking" on it? He affirmed male/female marriage in Adam and Eve. Never mind the fact that he's God and he inspired the Bible. In any event, Jesus never spoke on pedophilia. You going to come out for that, now?

That was a direct comparison and contrast to your views on homosexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ironically these are the same people who feign outrage at imagined misrepresentations of their own comments.

There is nothing imagined about you misrepresenting what people say.
And twisting things, but try not to break your neck - turning the corner.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
He doesn't need to apologize for the way you phrased your statement:

As for Jesus "not speaking" on it? He affirmed male/female marriage in Adam and Eve. Never mind the fact that he's God and he inspired the Bible. In any event, Jesus never spoke on pedophilia. You going to come out for that, now?

That was a direct contrast to your views on homosexuality.

There is nothing imagined about you misrepresenting what people say.
And twisting things, but try not to break your neck - turning the corner.
Exactly right. On both counts.

This whole, "Who? Me?" nonsense gets ridiculous. Even if BF didn't mean it that way, he could have just said, "You're right, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that, it was a poor choice of words," or whatever. Instead, he doubles down on the, "I NEVER SAID THAT! LIARS!" Just like he constantly does when he says he doesn't call for discrimination against gay people, while in the same post, says Christians should be able to turn away a gay couple...

Finn is just a twister, dodger, and liar. Provides nothing useful to the forum, except to point out how ignorant his views are, and to show what fundie think does to your brain.

Old 10-01-2019, 03:23 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Exactly. The aggravating thing is we clearly have stated that we in no shape or form that we believe such comparisons are true and yet they stubbornly refuse to accept the actual interpretation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity