Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2019, 04:21 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I doubt anyone does, unless you are tasked with selecting a new pastor in which case it would be your duty vet him.
Quote:
That's it? I am sure all that is a part of the criteria, but only one part.
I might demand to see their tax returns for the last 5 years.

Old 10-03-2019, 04:34 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
I might demand to see their tax returns for the last 5 years.
Perhaps you would like to know if he is able to teach. Knows how to lead. And that he is not controversial person. Not driven by money. Not quarrelsome. Not politically motivated. That he is a person who actually wants the position. That he is a respected person in the community (by believers and unbelievers).

Old 10-03-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you would like to know if he is able to teach. Knows how to lead. And that he is not controversial person. Not driven by money. Not quarrelsome. Not politically motivated. That he is a person who actually wants the position.
Indeed, but I wouldn't disqualify him for being gay.

Old 10-03-2019, 05:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Indeed, but I wouldn't disqualify him for being gay.
That's because you're no longer a spiritual toddler. You've evolved.

Fundies are cases of spiritual arrested development.

Old 10-03-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
That's because you're no longer a spiritual toddler. You've evolved.

Fundies are cases of spiritual arrested development.
Well I will say I was adopted by fundies. My parents loved as best they knew how. Christian Fundies may save your life in a pinch. So that is why I don't insult them and just share my faith experience with them leave it to God. It is what they were taught. I once was like them. They might change. But if they don't still your duty to love them, forgive them, and be kind to them. If not you and I would be hypocrites to the Christ we profess.

Last edited by bxlover; 10-03-2019 at 05:33 PM..

Old 10-03-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Well I will say I was adopted by fundies. My parents loved as best they knew how. Christian Fundies may save your life in a pinch. So that is why I don't insult them and just share my faith experience with them leave it to God. It is what they were taught. I once was like them. They might change. But if they don't still your duty to love them, forgive them, and be kind to them. If not you and I would be hypocrites to the Christ we profess.
I am kind to the mentally/spiritually/emotionally/religiously wounded.

And I am not a Christian -- not that's there's anything wrong with that (fundies excepted).

I am not, and will not, be kind to those cowardly (mostly) men who hide behind an ancient collection of pamphlets to condone their barbaric treatment of women, gays and Others.

Old 10-03-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
I am kind to the mentally/spiritually/emotionally/religiously wounded.

And I am not a Christian -- not that's there's anything wrong with that (fundies excepted).

I am not, and will not, be kind to those cowardly (mostly) men who hide behind an ancient collection of pamphlets to condone their barbaric treatment of women, gays and Others.
Well, in my spirituality you will be happier if you can. That's the ultimate lessons of Christ. Whether you see him as divine or human or fictional the Jesus message is to love thy enemy. If you do you can approach true happiness and peace. Believe I am not there but I am trying. Remember " Fanatacism is overcompenation for doubt " when dealing with fundamentalists and for those who fight them ". They are also spiritually wounded they just don't know it.

Old 10-03-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Well, in my spirituality you will be happier if you can. That's the ultimate lessons of Christ. Whether you see him as divine or human or fictional the Jesus message is to love thy enemy. If you do you can approach true happiness and peace. Believe I am not there but I am trying. Remember " Fanatacism is overcompenation for doubt " when dealing with fundamentalists and for those who fight them ". They are also spiritually wounded they just don't know it.
You do what's right for you.

I'll do likewise.

You are not my enemy.

Old 10-03-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:

I'll do likewise.

You are not my enemy.
Not even close to being an enemy.

Old 10-03-2019, 07:39 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude

I'll do likewise.

You are not my enemy.
Quote:
Not even close to being an enemy.
Pleasant interaction going on between you both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity