Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 06:38 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,817,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure Mystic. Same to you.

I am sure you'd like to blame me for his/her behavior, but the truth is that he/she whipped herself into it and started dropping F-bombs and other profanities.

Wow. You really are a jerk. That's not an insult, that's a statement of fact.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Did you even read her plea??? Did you have any reaction to it in your heart?

Yeah, he basically called me a he/she. Which is pretty damn offensive. No decency. At all.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:42 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,580,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Winner winner chicken dinner

Old 07-29-2019, 06:58 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times
At least fundies are too stupid to hide their bigotry.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:18 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Is there anything that does not offend you? If you don't know a posters sex, you say he/she.

Its almost as if you pretend to be offended all the time, so you can use it as an excuse to use profanity and to insult other posters.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:42 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,793,132 times
Quote:
Sure Mystic. Same to you.

I am sure you'd like to blame me for his/her behavior, but the truth is that he/she whipped herself into it and started dropping F-bombs and other profanities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
My question is why do you need my approval to live a happy and healthy life? There is nothing I can or will do or want to do to prohibit that. Live your life. I'll live mine.
Nothing, nothing, not one iota of what you have said in response to Geekigurl has one single ounce of the love of Christ in it. Nothing. Nothing at all.

I find this to be as telling as anything either of you have said in either thread. You both have taken the road that you are the true Christians here. Where is the high road? Beyond that, where is the love of Christ? Where?

Don't defend it, it is absent. Totally void.

If you are here to love the sinner but hate the sin, you have proved that this is not your motive. Your motive is to defend your doctrine and the church that you belong to over the heartcry of one who has walked thru the depths of the despair that this thread is about... Christianity and the LGBTQ. Can you not hear her cry? Did either of you take the time to read her story that she linked? The rod she has walked, the rejection, the pain, and she still seeks to love God, find a church and a community that she can worship in and be accepted?

How can you both be so utterly callous?

No love. You do not love the sinner. You hate the sinner more than the sin.

So hard of heart.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:03 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Nothing, nothing, not one iota of what you have said in response to Geekigurl has one single ounce of the love of Christ in it. Nothing. Nothing at all.
You keep saying that. You keep judging those you disagree with and accuse them of lovelessness, but where is the love in such accusation?

Old 07-29-2019, 09:12 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times
Quote:
You keep saying that. You keep judging those you disagree with and accuse them of lovelessness, but where is the love in such accusation?
Why should there be love in describing despicable behaviour by despicable human beings?

Old 07-29-2019, 09:16 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,850,449 times
Yes, Jesus does command us to love one another. But if you read the sermon on the mount, you'll see that he reitterates the commandments, and in fact, makes them tougher to keep. In that text he shows us that even sins of lust, hatred, greed, which are no actions but attitudes, are also sinful. In Jesus instruction about the commandments, he is showing us how we are to love one another.

And that does not mean that Christians are not to rebuke sin. They are actually instructed to rebuke sin, just as John, Jesus, and the apostles did. Warning people about their sin, their need to repent, and seek forgiveness from Jesus is love. After, the whole goal of Christianity is to save people from their sins and eternal damnation.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Is there anything that does not offend you? If you don't know a posters sex, you say he/she.

Its almost as if you pretend to be offended all the time, so you can use it as an excuse to use profanity and to insult other posters.

Let's not pretend you don't know. That "who, me?" crap doesn't fly with me. Everyone her refers to me as "she", you are the only one that doesn't. My username geekigurl makes it obvious that I am female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity