Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2019, 09:59 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I never say anything bad about physical homosexuality, the flesh is flesh, what I am concerned about is all you people practicing spiritual homosexuality. Like you lol.

None of the laws are about flesh.
Please, do explain what "spiritual homosexuality is". I would love to hear this.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:01 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I am not talking about "thoughts", Hanni. If you read what was posted, you'll see that. Your "thoughts" matter not in the slightest. If you voice those thoughts, and they are used to demean gay people, attempt to deny rights, or disown family members, then these are actions, not thoughts.

See, this is where I believe you are wrong. You are "voting against" gay people if you vote in people who make it a point to try and deny rights to them. No one is saying simply disagreeing is hate. We are saying that to disagree is stupid, first off, since they are born with their orientation, and that actively having a part in voting people in who want to deny them rights, or spreading false narratives IS hate. I don't know what else you would call it. You keep poo-pooing it away as mere "thoughts" and that is just dishonest.

I will repeat: No one gives a rat's behind what you "think", only what you "do". Merely "thinking" that being gay is gross affects no one. Merely "thinking" that being black means you are a criminal affects no one. Actively promoting that these things are so, or actively voting in those with these views, spreading these views on social media, etc etc are not "thoughts", they are actively affecting those people.

So you are in the camp of thinking they don't deserve equal rights, and make steps to ensure that this is the case? Have you disowned family members for being gay? Voted for a politician who wants to deny rights to them? If not, then you aren't even in the conversation as being like that. If you are/have, then these aren't "thoughts" anymore, are they?

You keep getting hung up on "thoughts". No one cares about your thoughts, only how you use them to have an effect on others. If you can't see the difference, then that is on you.
Ok, the vote is on, the vote has come to my state, it concerns whether or not gays can get married.

If I vote ,'' NO,'' does this relate to hate?

No, it doesn't.

Hannibal DOES NOT VOTE, but I am willing to bet that you would make a case that I hate gay people because I didn't go out and vote.

You can't expect everyone to believe as you do, just because a person believes in the bible, and they don't believe in gay marriage does not equate to hate, it equates to their belief. It doesn't mean they hate somebody if they just want to stick to their own religion.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:11 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
I never say anything bad about physical homosexuality, the flesh is flesh, what I am concerned about is all you people practicing spiritual homosexuality. Like you lol.

None of the laws are about flesh.
Okay. So, why would anyone convict you?

Old 10-29-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Ok, the vote is on, the vote has come to my state, it concerns whether or not gays can get married.

No, it doesn't.
Okay, let's play then. If you vote to not allow gay people to get married, you are saying you don't believe they should have equal rights as straight people. You are saying that a secular thing like marriage, shouldn't be available to all of those people. If not hate, or "dislike", or ignorance, what reason could you possibly have to say they shouldn't be treated equally?

Quote:
Hannibal DOES NOT VOTE, but I am willing to bet that you would make a case that I hate gay people because I didn't go out and vote.
No, but I could certainly make the case that you don't give a crap about the people around you, or that you don't care enough about people being treated equally to do anything about it.

Quote:
You can't expect everyone to believe as you do, just because a person believes in the bible, and they don't believe in gay marriage does not equate to hate, it equates to their belief. It doesn't mean they hate somebody if they just want to stick to their own religion.
Never said i expected everyone to, did I?

If your beliefs involve people being treated as less than equal, what would you call it? The fact that you believe something, or that it is part of your religion, doesn't mean it isn't hateful or bigoted or anything of the sort. Unless you are arguing that everyone should be able to do anything in the name of religion (which would go for ALL religions, by the way), your argument holds no water.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:17 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:

No, it doesn't.

Well, which is it? Voting no, or not voting? And if someone voted to impose their religious beliefs about marriage* onto other people, wouldn’t that make them “thought police”?

*I shouldn’t have to clarify this, but we’re talking about consenting adults.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:

No, it doesn't.

For me the issue is solely their rights, not whether i agree with homosexuality or not, and them being protected by the law from bigotry, especially from those "claiming to be christians".

Old 10-29-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Okay. So, why would anyone convict you?
Because I believe it is sin, but then everything is sin, and all are guilty, all flesh is just as guilty as any other flesh, all sin is the same, and everyone on the earth deserves to die for their sin.

I have known many gay people because I have been with them in a sexual way.
and Our family has taken in so many people that many of them were gay. We hugged them, consoled them, fed them and treated them with respect and helped them get their life back together, and none of them thought of us as enemies, and all of them knew we were Christians, but why should we care what they do?

It is not our business, we also have to stand before God in all our sins, and our sins are just as damning as anyone else, gay or not, all fall short, all are convicted.

The flesh is a none issue, all those laws of flesh are laws of spirit, all flesh is redundantly found wanting.

If we believe in the bible, it isn't up to us to change a single thing.

But then, I don't go around thinking gay people are going to hell, I believe everyone is saved.

I sure don't believe that I am any more righteous than anyone else, in fact, I would say I am the worst sinner because I am.

And again, all those laws of flesh only teach of spiritual laws, and spiritual laws show the whole world to be homosexuals, adulterers in a redundant way.

I have said it a million times, God makes everyone judge themselves, every single Christian that thinks gay people are going to hell for homosexuality, it is those very people who judge themselves the most harshly because they are all homosexuals, EVERY ONE I KNOW, they only judge themselves.

All the Christians in here.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:25 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:

No, it doesn't.

That sounds good on the surface. But the reality is that this "hate the sin, not the sinner" nonsense still results in the unnecessary deaths of gay people, usually those who are born into families of people who just want to stick to their own religion.

Our own beloved poster geekigurl tried to kill herself at ten years old because of this thinking. A young man in my area did jump off a bridge, and his Bible-believing mother has to live with the guilt of rejecting her son for the rest of her life. She has begun an anti-bullying foundation and speaks out to other Bible-believing parents to warn them not to make the same mistake she did.

It's not always death that this unintentional hatred brings, as we learned from the previous thread. It's the pain of rejection by family and the horror of being subjected to soul-killing processes such as conversion therapy.

People can emit hatred while they smile up in your face and tell you that they love you.

Somebody has to let people who are the targets of this insidious type of hate know that someone cares about them and accepts them for who they are, and that's why we post here. In some cases, we are sticking to OUR religion, which is one that isn't based on pointing out sin.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 10-29-2019 at 10:33 AM..

Old 10-29-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That sounds good on the surface. But the reality is that this "hate the sin, not the sinner" nonsense still results in the unnecessary deaths of gay people, usually those who are born into families of people who just want to stick to their own religion.

Our own beloved poster geekigurl tried to kill herself at ten years old because of this thinking. A young man in my area did jump off a bridge, and his Bible-believing mother has to live with the guilt of rejecting her son for the rest of her life. She has begun an anti-bullying foundation and speaks out to other Bible-believing parents to warn them not to make the same mistake she did.

It's not always death that this unintentional hatred brings, as we learned from the previous thread. It's the pain of rejection by family and the horror of being subjected to soul-killing processes such as conversion therapy.

People can emit hatred while they smile up in your face and tell you that they love you.

Somebody has to let people who are the targets of this insidious type of hate know that someone cares about them and accepts them for who they are, and that's why we post here.
Exactly. Hanni seems unable, or unwilling, to understand this point. It isn't just "thoughts" inside your head. These things affect real people, in real life. Simply saying, "It's my belief" is quite irrelevant as to the harm it causes. Even "taking in" gay people, all the while actively attempting to keep them from being married, or attempting to allow businesses to discriminate against them, and promoting an anti-gay stance on your social media and whatnot, means very little. Especially since we know a lot of people who do these kinds of things do so to preach at them, not help them. Congrats, you fed a gay person! You have also made their life worse by actively doing things to deny them basic equal rights.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Somebody has to let people who are the targets of this insidious type of hate know that someone cares about them and accepts them for who they are, and that's why we post here.
Sounds like a family thing, we have gay people in our family, and nobody rejects them.

I can say that I am always, continously at a loss for words when I look at so many unloving, unforgiving people in this world. I always assume everyone is trustworthy, considerate and loving and that is just not the reality.

The hatred, and vengence of people always shock me, always takes me by surprize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity