Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2019, 07:40 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Sorry for my deleted posts! I'm having all sorts of glitchiness today with my laptop. First it posted my edited post a second time. Then when I tried to delete, it deleted both.

Anyway, the point I was making was that it depends on what religion is in charge and what they deem to be sinful, as well as the degree of legalism any individual adheres to.
And my point is that no one is advocating for discrimination based on religion.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:42 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You know, at this point, I don't care anymore. If you and all your friends here are going to stick to this MISREPRESENTATION that I am comparing or equating the two then so be it. It's just a cheap escape route from having to admit that your position is hypocritical when I swap it out for another type of sinful relationship. You won't even tell me exactly what the points of comparison I made are.
It isn't a misrepresentation, Jeff. Christians and otherwise have called you out on this, over and over again. You keep doing it, over and over again. You ARE comparing them, because you are using one in an argument about the other. If you don't think they are comparable, why are you using one in an argument against the other?

Let's put it another way. If someone were to constantly use nazis as an argument against fundies, would you just say, "Ehh, they aren't comparing us"?? No you wouldn't. In fact, you and Finn have used this to say others compare you to nazis. You are a hypocrite, Jeff. You compare gay people to pedos, incest, and all sorts of other things, and the whine when called out on it, yet you also whine when someone uses something like nazis or pedo priests when talking about you and yours.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:43 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh for God's sake, not this again. Your mind goes to the most vulgar places.
Translation - I have no counter argument so I'll just make you look bad personally by attacking your character.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:43 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And my point is that no one is advocating for discrimination based on religion.
No, just based off of sexual orientation.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:55 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Translation - I have no counter argument so I'll just make you look bad personally by attacking your character.
Translation, I (jeffbase40) am obsessed with daddy daughter sex.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:04 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Stop with the "you're ATTACKING me!" schtick, please. It's tiresome.

It was an observation. We're discussing same-sex marriage, and your mind seems to frequently jump to incestuous relationships, diseases, etc. Dark places.

You know the counter argument, so there's no need to repeat it. Incestuous relationships are harmful because it involves a power imbalance, SSM is not. The only thing that makes them "the same" is in your mind and your chosen interpretation of the Bible.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:07 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:

It was an observation. We're discussing same-sex marriage, and your mind seems to frequently jump to incestuous relationships, diseases, etc. Dark places.

You know the counter argument, so there's no need to repeat it. Incestuous relationships are harmful because it involves a power imbalance,
That is your opinion. It's based on your beliefs.
Quote:

SSM is not. The only thing that makes them "the same" is in your mind and your chosen interpretation of the Bible.
Weird how opinion = fact when it's something you believe.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:16 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
That is your opinion. It's based on your beliefs.

Weird how opinion = fact when it's something you believe.
No, it's based on information. You're the ones who base your opinions on belief, not me.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Translation, I (jeffbase40) am obsessed with daddy daughter sex.
Translation - I make up lies about people based on zero evidence.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:

It wasn't an observation. IT was an attack. Saying my mind goes to vulgar places is the same as saying I have a vulgar mind. It was an unnecessary comment designed to make me look bad. That's an attack.

Quote:

You know the counter argument, so there's no need to repeat it. Incestuous relationships are harmful because it involves a power imbalance, SSM is not. The only thing that makes them "the same" is in your mind and your chosen interpretation of the Bible.
Power imbalance? You can't prove that is always the case. Plus what if it involved two siblings of the same age. Where is the power imbalance there? My chosen interpretation of the Bible is aligned with the vast majority of Christian denominations. You are in the minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity