Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2019, 08:24 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Translation - I make up lies about people based on zero evidence.
We’ve been telling you this for years showing you the evidence that you ignore .

Old 10-30-2019, 08:25 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, it's based on information. You're the ones who base your opinions on belief, not me.
So you understand the standard to be harm = bad. And no harm = good.

Why? Who decided that? That's your belief, based not on objective information, but based on belief alone.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:26 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And my point is that no one is advocating for discrimination based on religion.
So you repudiate bakers using religion to discriminate against gays? Riiiigggghhhhhtttt!!!

Old 10-30-2019, 08:28 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
It wasn't an observation. IT was an attack. Saying my mind goes to vulgar places is the same as saying I have a vulgar mind. It was an unnecessary comment designed to make me look bad. That's an attack.
I am well aware that "ATTACK!" is the prism through which you view everything, but no. I mentioned it because you always bring up the most horrible scenarios, focus on and refer to reams of studies about nasty diseases gay men get, seem so obsessed with the concept of "sin" and "immorality", etc. I can only base that observation on your words, of course. Maybe in real life people would describe you as an upbeat, sunny guy, but that's not how you present yourself here. Your thoughts seem to come from a very dark place.

I'm not saying anything you don't already know about yourself, you know. That's not designing anything to make you look bad. You do you!

Quote:
Power imbalance? You can't prove that is always the case. Plus what if it involved two siblings of the same age. Where is the power imbalance there? My chosen interpretation of the Bible is aligned with the vast majority of Christian denominations. You are in the minority.
That's OK. I don't mind being in the minority.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:32 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Another day, another demonstration of fundies hating on gays.

Should liars be refused wedding cakes? Jay walkers? Thieves?

How about hookers? Pimps? Drug addicts?

Fundies would bake them all cakes. Because fundies are hypocrites.

A favourite smarmy fundie adage is "hate the sin, love the sinner."

But when it comes to gays, it's "hate the sin and the sinner."

Old 10-30-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Another day, another demonstration of fundies hating on gays.

Should liars be refused wedding cakes? Jay walkers? Thieves?

How about hookers? Pimps? Drug addicts?

Fundies would bake them all cakes. Because fundies are hypocrites.

A favourite smarmy fundie adage is "hate the sin, love the sinner."

But when it comes to gays, it's "hate the sin and the sinner."
If you walk into a bakery and demand a cake to celebrate any of those things, then it's up to the "fundie" in question to bake it or not. In the same way that you probably believe that Facebook has the right to censor the KKK.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:38 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
So you understand the standard to be harm = bad. And no harm = good.

Why? Who decided that? That's your belief, based not on objective information, but based on belief alone.
Basic human understanding and common sense. It also happens to fall in line with that "love one another" thing that somebody once said.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:42 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,656 times
Quote:
If you walk into a bakery and demand a cake to celebrate any of those things, then it's up to the "fundie" in question to bake it or not. In the same way that you probably believe that Facebook has the right to censor the KKK.
You keep bringing up Facebook, even after multiple people, over multiple weeks, have taken the time to explain why this is not comparable. Why do you keep sticking with this, BF? Can't think of any actual valid arguments or scenarios?

Old 10-30-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Basic human understanding and common sense. It also happens to fall in line with that "love one another" thing that somebody once said.
You're making assumptions, based on your understanding. So don't call it fact, or "based on information". It's your opinion.

But interestingly enough, you believe that Jesus would advocate for sin? You think he's ok with homosexuality when God clearly says it's wrong?

Old 10-30-2019, 08:52 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
You're making assumptions, based on your understanding. So don't call it fact, or "based on information". It's your opinion.

But interestingly enough, you believe that Jesus would advocate for sin? You think he's ok with homosexuality when God clearly says it's wrong?
Your god-thing didn't "say" anything in your holey book. Primitive sandpoopers who claimed to be channeling it wrote that collection of pamphlets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity