Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2019, 10:44 AM

88,511 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I haven't stated that simply disagreeing with someone is culpable for their physical harm. You have.

No. You've stated conservative Christians, or "Fundies" are. I recognize you see a difference.

And....there you go again. I suppose you think I'm also responsible for the man or woman that shoots their cheating spouse? I have stated that adultery is sinful, after all
Huh?

Old 10-30-2019, 10:53 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Some manage to mix subject matter with the attacks, while some others are on pure attack / antagonist mode all the time. I have managed to ignore some of the most toxic posters for a long time (even years), and recently added few more to the "toxic poster" list. I have wasted enough time with them.
Yeah I've had to do that too especially when I was told to go burn in hell here. Not a single person from the opposition said a word of criticism against the poster who made that statement. That's pretty disgusting.

Old 10-30-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
You were the one that told me your opinion was fact.

You stated the standard for right and wrong was whether or not it was harmful. That is an opinion. You told me that Christians that said homosexuality was wrong are wrong. That is an opinion.
And your opinion is that if you agree with an ancient tribal restriction against same-sex relationships, why, it must be GOD who said it because those ancient guys said it was.

I do like my opinion better, because it doesn't harm anyone, and I believe that first and foremost, that is what Jesus taught. For people to care for one another.

The only trouble with your opinion is that, if God turns out to be what you believe and asks you to answer for your opinion when you leave this earthly realm, you're going to be doing a bit of stammering. "But that's what people said YOU said in the BOOK and I liked the way it sounded because gay people skieve me so I went with it!" might not cut it.

Old 10-30-2019, 10:54 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Huh?
Ponder it. Look at my statements, and ponder them. Think it over. You're a smart person. I'm sure you can figure it out.

Old 10-30-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Yeah I've had to do that too especially when I was told to go burn in hell here. Not a single person from the opposition said a word of criticism against the poster who made that statement. That's pretty disgusting.
Um, wrong-o. I did. Nobody should be telling anyone else to burn in hell. I actually went back and searched for the post where the person you claim said it, and I couldn't find it, and I asked you to tell me what post it was, and you didn't respond.

I could only conclude that you didn't want to give up the Persecution Points, and judging my the number of times now you've brought this up, it seems I was correct.

Old 10-30-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And your opinion is that if you agree with an ancient tribal restriction against same-sex relationships, why, it must be GOD who said it because those ancient guys said it was. Does that really make sense to you?
Yes. And I'm confused why someone calling herself a Christian would not believe Scripture. And she would post anti-Scripture stuff on the forum titled "Christianity".
Quote:
I do like my opinion better, because it doesn't harm anyone, and I believe that first and foremost, that is what Jesus taught. For people to care for one another.
How do you know what Jesus said? Wait...now you believe Scripture? How convenient that you believe the stuff about Jesus that you like! Interesting how that works.
Quote:
The only trouble with your opinion is that, if God turns out to be what you believe and asks you to answer for your opinion when you leave this earthly realm, you're going to be doing a bit of stammering. "But that's what people said YOU said in the BOOK and I liked the way it sounded so I went with it!" might not cut it.
I will have only one answer for anything I've done. Jesus. He died on the cross to pay for my sin. It's only through Jesus that I can please God--not anything I've done. Again....you claim to be a Christian, I'm confused why you wouldn't know that

Old 10-30-2019, 11:20 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I dare you to list one thing we have posted that is a proven lie or a statement of hate. You can't. Your post is reeking with lies. The hypocrisy is unbelievable.
Half of what comes out of your mouth is either a lie, misrepresentation, or hateful. You want hateful? How about all the times you compare gay people to pedophiles, incestual relationships, alcoholism, and kleptomania? How about all those times you talk about them as being disease ridden? How about the fact that you think it is okay to discriminate against them and treat them as second class citizens? Or all those times you call them vile and disgusting? We even had one poster say that gay men were in "woman face", and it made them want to puke even seeing a gay couple. If this isn't hate/hateful, I am not sure what is.

As for lies, those are mostly about the gay community on a whole. Such as all those times you talk about them as one homogenous group, and keep repeating things that aren't true, such as the LGBT community being fine with Christians bakers receiving death threats. How about when you try and tell gay people THEY are lying about being born gay? What about when you make claims that gay people raise their kids to be gay? What about when you claim that the LGBT community is just a bunch of folks who sleep around with everyone? Or when you and Finn claimed a while back that gay people are just people who were abused or that their parents made them gay? Or how you blame the LGBT community for problems like suicide, depression, and disease?

I don't know jeff, there have been so many, I wouldn't even know where to start in looking them up, but those are just a few things off the top of my head. I could go on and show your prejudice and hypocrisy, if you would like?

Old 10-30-2019, 11:21 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,176 times
Quote:
Yes. And I'm confused why someone calling herself a Christian would not believe Scripture. And she would post anti-Scripture stuff on the forum titled "Christianity".

How do you know what Jesus said? Wait...now you believe Scripture? How convenient that you believe the stuff about Jesus that you like! Interesting how that works.

I will have only one answer for anything I've done. Jesus. He died on the cross to pay for my sin. It's only through Jesus that I can please God--not anything I've done. Again....you claim to be a Christian, I'm confused why you wouldn't know that
I'm confused as to why a Christian would think it is okay to discriminate about gay people... So I guess we are both confused, BF.

Old 10-30-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I've taken a great deal of time and effort in the past to write out posts to address that. It wasn't even acknowledged or considered or discussed, even to disagree intelligently. I'm not going to waste my time doing it again. Look up my posts on the subject if you really want to know, which you don't.

Quote:
You're not someone with whom I could have a serious theological or scriptural discussion, but you do understand, I'm sure, that "Scripture" is not all the same. There are 66 different writings in the Bible. For a Christian, the words of Christ should trump everything else, so "love thy neighbor" beats "let's tell gay people that they are sinners by virtue of their existence because the ancient tribal culture of Israelites said so."

Now, this is the part where you begin to shriek, "But Jesus quoted some OT so that means it ALL is God's Actual Words!" and I will ignore you because that's just plain stupid.

Quote:
Your way is not how I understand Christianity. It sounds as if you are saying you don't need to take responsibility for the way you treat others because anything you do, Jesus already paid for it so you're free to treat other any way you please, no matter how unkind it might be.

The way I understand Christianity is that there's only one thing you can do to "please God", as you put it, and that is to love God and love your neighbor as yourself--the second of which is how you show your love to God. None of us can ever get it right, of course, but at least we can make an effort.

Old 10-30-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I'm confused as to why a Christian would think it is okay to discriminate about gay people... So I guess we are both confused, BF.
I don't. I've said I don't. I've corrected you numerous times to tell you that. It's weird, but I THOUGHT misrepresenting people was a rules violation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity