Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2019, 06:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisteuo View Post
Are you a Christian?

Just Wana know who I'm talking to!
No.

I guess you'll either have to hang around, or buy a program to tell who the players are.

Old 11-09-2019, 07:09 PM

202 posts, read 42,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No.

I guess you'll either have to hang around, or buy a program to tell who the players are.
If you don't think you've ever met a Christian, why don't you try to be the first one?

Old 11-09-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I don't know. I used to identify as such. These days, however, the term 'Christian' is bandied about so much by those who profess to be 'Christian', with whom I disagree and they with me, that the term 'Christian' has become pretty much a badge of piety for some and a rather meaningless label for others. What IS a Christian anyway?
Is that what you want to start our discussion with, what is a Christian?

Old 11-09-2019, 07:45 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
For purposes of this site a Christian is anyone who professes to follow Jesus regardless of his understanding of what that means and this thread has displayed and discussed how rthose different understandings have interacted with the lgbtq community. Choose your stance and explain why you think it is following Jesus. There is a great deal of disagreement on that point.

Old 11-09-2019, 08:03 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
No, it comes down to whether you believe the bible is the word of God or not, more and more Christians are invalidating all of the old Testament and everything they don't agree with in the New Testament.

But then people looking at Judaism who do not love or practice Judaism cannot understand the law and the prophets. The law and the prophets teaches mercy and forgiveness and love, but the people who despise Judaism and the law don't see it this way, they only see punishment, dos and dont dos.

Jesus said the entire law can be summed up in two laws, love God, love your neighbor, because it teaches mercy and forgiveness from the very begining, and it does this by making everyone realize they are guilty. The law and the prophets simply say,'' Love other people with true love, anger makes you a murderer, judging others makes you guilty, have mercy on others if you expect to recieve mercy, love your enemies, The neds of your neighbor are greater than your needs,and remember that LOVE COVERS THE MULTITUDE OF SINS..''

Christians, Christians have absolutely no say in here Pisteuo.

Do you know why?

Old 11-09-2019, 08:08 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Christians have no right, and could not possibly judge anyone of anything, and this is easy peasy, they have no law, and if you ask them for a list of sins, they have no list, and yet, they want everyone to abide by some mystery law in they head, they head, but that is secret from the sinners, they wont present you with a set of laws, EVER.

Old 11-09-2019, 08:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
If you don't think you've ever met a Christian, why don't you try to be the first one?
I didn't say that.

And I don't know why you made it up.

Old 11-09-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
For purposes of this site a Christian is anyone who professes to follow Jesus regardless of his understanding of what that means and this thread has displayed and discussed how rthose different understandings have interacted with the lgbtq community. Choose your stance and explain why you think it is following Jesus. There is a great deal of disagreement on that point.
We are to follow Christ by Faith. " By Faith" is communicated to us by the use of the Greek word pisteuo.

Pisteuo is " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender."

Basically, a continually surrendered life. The object of Faith is Jesus Christ, a real living person! Not His word or the promises in His word.

Are you able to accept this basic definition I took from the Vines Greek dictionary?

Old 11-09-2019, 08:41 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
We are to follow Christ by Faith. " By Faith" is communicated to us by the use of the Greek word pisteuo.

Pisteuo is " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender."

Basically, a continually surrendered life. The object of Faith is Jesus Christ, a real living person! Not His word or the promises in His word.

Are you able to accept this basic definition I took from the Vines Greek dictionary?
Far too vague

Old 11-09-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Far too vague
Ask me some questions if that will help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity