Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2019, 04:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I didn't say love and sex were the same thing. Any mature adult knows that intimate relationships do not always have to include the physical act of sex, but it is a part of who we are as human beings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisteuo View Post
It's part of "you" as a human being, by your choice! That doesn't make it part of what everyone else needs to accept for themselves.

I choose another path!
I didn't say you needed to make it a part of your life, did I? But it is far more than merely for procreation.

Old 11-10-2019, 04:50 PM

202 posts, read 42,074 times
Quote:
I didn't say you needed to make it a part of your life, did I? But it is far more than merely for procreation.
Not from our creator, for you and me it is because we've been taught that it is. But In God's ways, it's not more than procreation.

Old 11-10-2019, 04:55 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times
Quote:
If you believe that marriage is merely for procreation or that of legalizing sex, then you are sadly mistaken. Love is the uniting factor for any relationship, not the structure of sexual compatibility, nor the capacity to produce children. You can have all the faith in the world, but without love as the foundation of faith; and that of relationships, you have nothing but a physical act and lip service.

Old 11-10-2019, 04:56 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Never said that, but your choice to misrepresent.
Of course you didn’t say those words, but your proclaimed beliefs say it loud and clear.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Not from our creator, for you and me it is because we've been taught that it is. But In God's ways, it's not more than procreation.
You really should educate yourself, as sex has far reaching benefits, not just for having children or for pleasure. But for physical, mental (psychological/intellectual), and emotional well being. It can also reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, and hypertension - just to name a few. I believe what you follow is your own concept of what you consider," God's ways," according to your own understanding. Which is always a matter of a heart condition.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
You really should educate yourself, as sex has far reaching benefits, not just for having children or for pleasure. But for physical, mental (psychological/intellectual), and emotional well being. It can also reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, and hypertension - just to name a few. I believe what you follow is your own concept of what you consider," God's ways," according to your own understanding. Which is always a matter of a heart condition.
That's just not the desires I have at this point in my walk with Christ.
We all choose what we do.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Then, don't make claims for God, as if you were his only representative.
However, you do have the right to choose to be celibate or a eunuch.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I'd rather have two added, then two taken away!

There just common sense claims. Claims that I have the privilege and honor to be able to make at this part of my walk with Christ.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'd rather have two added, then two taken away!

There just common sense claims. Claims that I have the privilege and honor to be able to make at this part of my walk with Christ.
Your post above was that of making a claim as to what God's ways were, which had to do with that of sex only for procreation. Although, it is obvious when reading the Scriptures that he wants us to not only reach out to others, but to take care of ourselves in the process. And, we do that through nurturing and loving relationships. I don't believe we were meant to walk alone if this life, nor only for him.

Old 11-10-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I have to disagree, you can't love God whom you cannot see, if you are not loving yourself and those around you. If you believe that you have a spiritual disease, and you inherited some kind of original sin that prevents you from doing that - then those are your thoughts.
Of course there my thoughts. Gifted to you, with no expectation of anything in return.

I do have one other scenario that could explain homosexuality. It's kind of outside the box, you interested?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity