Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2019, 03:11 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And many more Christians believe that the Scriptures are the definitive infallible Word of God, the vehicle that He uses to speak to us.
And what’s the god thing say YOU are supposed to do to homos jeffbase and how many have you put to death?

Don’t be shy.

Old 11-14-2019, 04:25 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
And many more Christians believe that the Scriptures are the definitive infallible Word of God, the vehicle that He uses to speak to us.
That is exactly the problem. Those of us who have grown and moved beyond that limited way of thinking and found God to be so much more are urging you to take a deeper dive.

Old 11-14-2019, 04:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
But will not step back to see that there is no scriptural support for such a belief. Yet there's plenty that clearly show God speaking directly to people. It should be what is God not the Bible saying to me.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:04 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I go by what you post on here ,and in your case, you being a calvinist too, it's not hard figuring it out.
You know the Westboro inbreeds aren't Calvinists, right? Their theology is much different from mine. The fact that I think you're halfway serious in that question makes me sad.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:07 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That is exactly the problem. Those of us who have grown and moved beyond that limited way of thinking and found God to be so much more are urging you to take a deeper dive.
wow. This is like prophecy playing out right in front of our eyes.

2 Tim 4:3 "For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,..."

I read that as a young man and couldn't believe that people would outright deny Scripture. But here it is. Thanks for the object lesson.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You know the Westboro inbreeds aren't Calvinists, right? Their theology is much different from mine. The fact that I think you're halfway serious in that question makes me sad.
just means you're not a true...

Old 11-14-2019, 07:24 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But will not step back to see that there is no scriptural support for such a belief. Yet there's plenty that clearly show God speaking directly to people. It should be what is God not the Bible saying to me.
Actually I have stepped back many times. When you take all the verses in question together as a whole, then the scriptural support is very strong against homosexuality. Paul even used certain language so there would be no doubt that he is talking about all forms of homosexual conduct. If God blesses gay marriage then He would have never strongly condemned such unions in the first place back in Leviticus.

And you can deny it all you want. Jesus still plainly states that God's design is ONLY for heterosexual unions.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Actually I have stepped back many times. When you take all the verses in question together as a whole, then the scriptural support is very strong against homosexuality. Paul even used certain language so there would be no doubt that he is talking about all forms of homosexual conduct. If God blesses gay marriage then He would have never strongly condemned such unions in the first place back in Leviticus.

And you can deny it all you want. Jesus still plainly states that God's design is ONLY for heterosexual unions.
Ignore me all you want but what does you god thing tell you to do to the homos you and it hates?

Come jeffbase, surely you can answer truthfully once in a while, cant you?

Old 11-14-2019, 08:49 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Ignore me all you want but what does you god thing tell you to do to the homos you and it hates?

Come jeffbase, surely you can answer truthfully once in a while, cant you?
Didn't we already play this game once before?

Quote:

God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood--to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished--

he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
Romans 3:25-26

There is no death penalty for sin anymore. Jesus paid that price. We hate sin as God does, but we don't hate the sinner.

Old 11-14-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Didn't we already play this game once before?

Romans 3:25-26

There is no death penalty for sin anymore. Jesus paid that price. We hate sin as God does, but we don't hate the sinner.
so jesus was kidding when he said

" For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

Heaven still out there jeff?

Now you're gonna try and convince me jesus either committed suicide or was put to death by the jews and that means it was fulfilled, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity