Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 09:42 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Actually it is NOTHING but your word. You are part of "christian" fundamentalISM. Another ism that turns God's stomach the most.

You are no follower of Jesus as "christian" as you may claim to be.
Exactly! Why don't people recognize fundamentalism as an --ism and a doctrine of men? It's really the main thing that Jesus stood against.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:47 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
The idea of hell of hell and eternal torment are not my inventions. They are God’s decree. He will separate those who refuse to follow and love Him.

God is perfect. Therefore, everything He says and does is correct and true. We, on the other hand, are broken, limited beings in a cursed, anti God existence. The Lord is asking us to trust Him. This is not a hard concept to understand but hard for all of us to follow. So, put your faith into Him, enjoy His blessings, and get to the know the Truth!
God's punishment is not eternal, it is corrective. If it is eternal then He becomes a liar because the Bible you worship states:

Quote:
"The servant who knows the master's will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows." But the one who unknowingly does things worthy of punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and from him who has been entrusted with much, even more will be demanded.
Luke 12:47
Already sounds like false Christians will be punished in a different manner than others, doesn't it? And the one who is unknowing receives a lesser punishment. If eternal torment is the same for all, why does Jesus waste His breath on this statement?

The Jewish earthly law also demanded limited retribution:

Quote:
If the guilty man deserves to be beaten, the judge shall have him lie down and be flogged in his presence with the number of lashes his crime deserves. He may receive no more than forty lashes, lest your brother be beaten any more than that and be degraded in your sight.
Deut. 25:3

For all your talk, you are intellectually unable to see ALL of God's word in a correct light. God loves ALL of us and ALL of us will receive that punishment which we DESERVE. God also reserved His most fierce denunciations for the pride and unbelief of the religious leaders, not the sexually immoral (Matthew 23:13-36).

So stop being an immoral Pharisee and live a life of forgiveness and mercy--and let God, IN HIS OWN GOOD TIME, punish sinners in a FAIR fashion so that they can rejoin Him in heaven.

In order to understand the Bible, one must have WISDOM first. Pray for wisdom rather than pronounce traditional "theology" founded by St. Augustine, a pagan before becoming Christian, that brought over such ideas from his pagan religion, Manichaenism. Being mindless as well as thoughtless is being a pagan.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:56 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
The idea of hell of hell and eternal torment are not my inventions. They are God’s decree. He will separate those who refuse to follow and love Him.

God is perfect. Therefore, everything He says and does is correct and true. We, on the other hand, are broken, limited beings in a cursed, anti God existence. The Lord is asking us to trust Him. This is not a hard concept to understand but hard for all of us to follow. So, put your faith into Him, enjoy His blessings, and get to the know the Truth!
You know God's perfect will? That's bold, given we are broken and limited beings. It is a fearful thing to be on the wrong side of someone who is certain they know God. I'd be willing to bet if we put your 21st century self in a time capsule to the Middle Ages, and you came face to face with the religious establishment who were certain they know God's will, they would burn you at the stake for some behavior or another that they would claim their perfect God through his perfect Word told them was heresy or blasphemy...

Old 08-01-2019, 10:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
You know God's perfect will? That's bold, given we are broken and limited beings. It is a fearful thing to be on the wrong side of someone who is certain they know God. I'd be willing to bet if we put your 21st century self in a time capsule to the Middle Ages, and you came face to face with the religious establishment who were certain they know God's will, they would burn you at the stake for some behavior or another that they would claim their perfect God through his perfect Word told them was heresy or blasphemy...
Very true. When we claim we know it all, what we really are saying is we are not teachable or open to seeing more than what we have. Just look at what is says about the love of God and the riches of Christ.

To know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,

Old 08-01-2019, 10:32 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Just because you can refuse to bake a cake for a same sex couple, or photograph thier wedding, doesn't mean you should.

Also, a celebration of love and commitment (a wedding) isn't a group and is not the same as a hate group (the KKK). Stop comparing the two. It's ridiculous.
So you're ok with some discrimination, as long as it meets your requirements? How remarkably arrogant!

Old 08-01-2019, 10:38 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So you're ok with some discrimination, as long as it meets your requirements? How remarkably arrogant!
And this post is remarkably ignorant.... As with anything in life, there are limitations. You are trying to compare hate speech and known hate groups to a gay wedding. That is remarkably stupid, seeing as how they are in no way even remotely similar. You seem to be becoming Jeff with these ridiculous comparisons, and that isn't a good thing.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:45 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I am pretty sure the middle age Catholics were certain their actions were NOT the will of God. They couldn't back up their nonsense with anything, and they didn't want the regular citizens to read the Bible for themselves, because then everyone would have found out they were just making it up as they went. Today is different since we are free to confirm the teachings for ourselves, although many are saying to not believe what the Bible says. Of course such people also have nothing to back up their views.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:47 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I like the video. Tell the guy that made you post it thank you.

This is the first time I've thanked a bully for being a bully. I feel weird about that.

"Thank you, sir! May I have another?"

The Bible is clear; Moabites are bad, and they were not to be allowed to live among God's people. (Deuteronomy 23)

But then comes the story of Ruth the Moabite, who challenged their prejudices against Moabites.

The Bible is clear that the people of Uz are evil.

But then comes the story of Job, who was the most blameless man on earth.

The Bible is clear; no foreigners or eunuchs were allowed in the assembly of God. (Deuteronomy 23)

But then comes the story of an African eunuch welcomed into the church (Acts 8)

The Bible is clear that God's people hated Samaritans.

But then Jesus tells a story that teaches that not all Samaritans are bad.

The story may begin with prejudice, discrimination and animosity, but the Spirit moves God's people toward openness, inclusion, welcome, acceptance and affirmation.
And you say you can't preach? That's one of the best sermons I've heard in some time.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:02 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
And this post is remarkably ignorant.... As with anything in life, there are limitations. You are trying to compare hate speech and known hate groups to a gay wedding. That is remarkably stupid, seeing as how they are in no way even remotely similar. You seem to be becoming Jeff with these ridiculous comparisons, and that isn't a good thing.
BF has been thoroughly whupped, upside down and sideways, so many times by so many different posters over the years that I'm always mildly surprised when he crawls off the mat and staggers to his feet like a fundie zombie to make another dumb post.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:06 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
BF has been thoroughly whupped, upside down and sideways, so many times by so many different posters over the years that I'm always mildly surprised when he crawls off the mat and staggers to his feet like a fundie zombie to make another dumb post.
Yea, he ignored my post back to him from yesterday, where I showed him his own behind, and instead responded with the same nonsense to geeki instead...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity