Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2019, 04:47 PM

88,124 posts, read 83,978,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I have never met a Christian that believes God is not a Trinity. So, no--I'm not aware.
OK. Now you are!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontrinitarianism

In terms of number of adherents, nontrinitarian denominations comprise a minority of modern Christianity. The largest nontrinitarian Christian denominations are The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Oneness Pentecostals, Jehovah's Witnesses, La Luz del Mundo and the Iglesia ni Cristo, though there are a number of other smaller groups, including Christadelphians, Christian Scientists, Dawn Bible Students, Living Church of God, Assemblies of Yahweh, Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ, Members Church of God International, Unitarian Christians, Unitarian Universalist Christians, The Way International, The Church of God International, and the United Church of God.

In addition to the official list above, I know Christians who belong to the Episcopal Church, whose official doctrine is The Nicene Creed, which is Trinitarian, who do not as individuals hold to the Trinity concept. The 80+ year-old former priest who runs our centering prayer group and other contemplative programs took the step of formally renouncing his vows several years ago because he did not believe the Trinity to be valid. I am sure that is the case in other churches, as well.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 12-03-2019 at 05:07 PM..

Old 12-03-2019, 04:47 PM

16,592 posts, read 15,532,511 times
Quote:
Right. So the Trinitarian God and the Non-trinitarian God are the same God?

So you DO want me to just start calling you "Bob"? I mean, if names and identities don't matter, why should you care?
All Christians worship Jesus and God. A lot of Christians believe the doctrine of the Trinity, but a lot of Christians do not. They simply see Jesus as the Son of God and don't try to see Jesus and God as the same but different. It's not hard to accept that some people interpret the Bible in different wasy from some others.

Old 12-03-2019, 05:12 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,555,355 times
Quote:
It's wrong because we are created in the image of God. We do not have the right to murder one another.

As for Allah? He's not God. He's a figment of Mohammed's imagination. It largely stems from his incorrect understanding of Christianity and Judaism. Mohammed taught that Ishmael was the child of promise, not Isaac. He taught wrong doctrine. If he had correctly understood, or not been a bloodthirsty warlord/caravan robber he might not have done that.

No. I haven't. I've seen ineffective attempts to rationalize against it, but your's, and others' arguments have been found wanting.

That's good. Disprove the Bible and I'll change my mind.

Allah is just the Arabic word for your god.

Now, about that disproving your bible. Are you asking to disprove one part of it, three parts, or the whole thing?

Old 12-03-2019, 05:13 PM

18,845 posts, read 6,863,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Why do you capitalize "Allah", but not god?

Old 12-03-2019, 05:16 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,555,355 times
Quote:
Why do you capitalize "Allah", but not god?
Because the word "god" is generic. You know, as in Thor, Zeus, Loki, Mithra, Osiris, Yahweh, El, you know... all those names that are capitalized that are or were considered gods.

Old 12-03-2019, 05:25 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

Now, about that disproving your bible. Are you asking to disprove one part of it, three parts, or the whole thing?
If you disprove one part of the Bible to someone who believes it is infallible, you will have effectively destroyed their belief in God. So they never could admit that any part of it can be disproved.

Old 12-03-2019, 06:09 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
If you disprove one part of the Bible to someone who believes it is infallible, you will have effectively destroyed their belief in God. So they never could admit that any part of it can be disproved.
Very true, that's why anything that contradicts rooted and established beliefs will never be considered. Yet there are plenty of believers that have had those rooted and established beliefs and attitudes that come from those rooted and established beliefs, literally destroyed.
So our attitude born out of those rooted and established beliefs should be a good indicator whether they are of Spirit or not.
The attitude from a certain few towards homosexuality on this thread would certainly suggest their beliefs are not of the Spirit, for there is no way on earth you can hold the beliefs about homosexuality that these few do on here with a good attitude towards homosexuals.

Old 12-03-2019, 06:41 PM

10,072 posts, read 5,687,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You have zero that it isn't. On the other hand, I do have the fact that you believe that snakes could talk, men could live in whales, global floods, and all sorts of other things that most people would consider a myth. The only "evidence" you have, that supposedly outweighs all science, logic, and other religions evidence, is "The Bible says so" circular logic. But you do you boo.

The point, is that one religious person saying the other religious person's beliefs are false is funny. You are literally saying, "My myth is better than your myth". Unless you have some evidence that it isn't a myth?
And if someone told a person 200 years ago that a fish exists which you can see through, they would think you were crazy yet it was discovered later. The world is full of wonders and mysteries. Ironically the fact that you think only humans are suppose to talk shows the flimsy belief in evolution. After all, if we are nothing but animals why did are we the only species in history gifted with the ability to talk? There is countless evidences outside the Bible too, but someone like you will never accept it.

Old 12-03-2019, 06:54 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:46 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And if someone told a person 200 years ago that a fish exists which you can see through, they would think you were crazy yet it was discovered later. The world is full of wonders and mysteries. Ironically the fact that you think only humans are suppose to talk shows the flimsy belief in evolution. After all, if we are nothing but animals why did are we the only species in history gifted with the ability to talk? There is countless evidences outside the Bible too, but someone like you will never accept it.
If you think humans are the only species that communicates, you need to get out of your bedroom a little more often.

And if by "talk" you mean say words that mean something, you've obviously never been graced with a parrot in your life.

And it takes a determinedly dim bulb to believe a man can live inside a giant fish for three days.

His skin would be boiled off by acid within an excruciating hour or two. By day 3, the biggest bones would be all that's left and they would be getting to be the consistency of mashed potatoes.

You've never caught, killed, cleaned and eaten a fish, have you jeffie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity