Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2019, 02:57 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Maybe it is. Then again, if he were truly healing someone, couldn't he heal something that could be proven by actually seeing it? Funny how all these "healings" are only in things that can't be seen, isn't it? Some guy says he's had back pain for years and years, can't even get out of his chair. Someone like Wommack comes up, says a few words, and miraculously he stands up straight and struts off! They never heal something like a deformity, cut, broken bone, or anything like that. Why not?
Umm you do realize that most sickness or injuries are internal and unseen to the eye right? Even a broken bone has to be looked at under an xray. There are countless testimonies with evidence. Even a worldwide conference where medical doctors share their experiences with healing occuring in their patients. Here is just one example where a girl ruptured her tendons and they were back good as new just weeks later.

DIVINE HEALING - TESTIMONIES

Quote:

So what? Being gay is obviously normal, as there are millions of gay people right here in the USA. Turning them away from a service you provide others certainly sends the message that you don't see them as equals. You can make all the irrelevant points you want, it doesn't change that. You keep comparing a gay couple to pedos, nazis, and inanimate objects. What in your mind makes you think these situations are comparable?
Well there are millions of Christians so it must be true right? Your side loves to point out the Argumentum ad populum fallacy, but have no problem using it when it fits your argument. I have no doubt that if you quizzed people around the country with no fear of consequences, the vast majority would report that they do not feel comfortable seeing same sex couples being affectionate in public.

Quote:

ON CERTAIN GROUNDS. Most divorces are not due to those certain grounds though, so your baker is servicing these adulterous marriages without issue. Why? You say it isn't any of their business to quiz the customer, so what makes it there business to approve of a marriage? Either it is their business who is getting married, or it isn't. You can't have it both ways.
It's not their business to approve or disapprove a marriage. They don't care what people do in their private world. They just don't want to get involved with gay marriage. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Old 12-05-2019, 03:27 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Umm you do realize that most sickness or injuries are internal and unseen to the eye right? Even a broken bone has to be looked at under an xray. There are countless testimonies with evidence. Even a worldwide conference where medical doctors share their experiences with healing occuring in their patients. Here is just one example where a girl ruptured her tendons and they were back good as new just weeks later.

DIVINE HEALING - TESTIMONIES
Well, that article doesn't really show very much Jeff... Just look at the x-rays. She says she had a tendon torn in three places. The xrays only show swelling, no tear. So why show an xray of swelling, and not of the torn in three places tendon? Specifically, under the xrays it says,

"1. Before: The swelling in her peroneotibial tendon
2. After: The swelling went down: her normal peroneotibial tendon"

Swelling goes down. That is literally how it works. My husband tore multiple ligaments in his ankle running a Spartan Race awhile back, and this is basically what his xrays looked like when it happened, and a few weeks later. This isn't miraculous, it's normal.

Quote:
Well there are millions of Christians so it must be true right? Your side loves to point out the Argumentum ad populum fallacy, but have no problem using it when it fits your argument. I have no doubt that if you quizzed people around the country with no fear of consequences, the vast majority would report that they do not feel comfortable seeing same sex couples being affectionate in public.
I didn't say being gay was "true", Jeff, only normal. The more people that do something, the more "normal" it is. So I am not sure what point you were trying to make here?

I bet if you quizzed most people, they would say they are no comfortable seeing any couple being affectionate in public. Which is quite dumb as long as they aren't being too racy, since you can just look away.... No one is forcing you to watch your gay neighbors make out, Jeff.

Quote:
It's not their business to approve or disapprove a marriage. They don't care what people do in their private world. They just don't want to get involved with gay marriage. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
Yet they seem to think it is, since they turned away a couple because they didn't approve of their marriage. So again, which is it? If it isn't their business to approve of straight marriages, why is it their business to approve of gay marriage? You can't have it both ways.

It is hard for me to understand why someone would choose to discriminate against a gay couple. Especially since, as you say, it isn't their business to approve of a marriage before making a cake for one.

Old 12-05-2019, 03:30 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Then, don't make wedding cakes, or take a job where you will be discriminating.

Old 12-05-2019, 03:37 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Isn't it funny how they tell the people they discriminate against to "just go somewhere else", but aren't willing to do the same thing themselves, and simply stop selling items that will put them in the position to discriminate against others?..... I guess they value money more than their beliefs, but gay people less than both.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Well, that article doesn't really show very much Jeff... Just look at the x-rays. She says she had a tendon torn in three places. The xrays only show swelling, no tear. So why show an xray of swelling, and not of the torn in three places tendon? Specifically, under the xrays it says,

Swelling goes down. That is literally how it works. My husband tore multiple ligaments in his ankle running a Spartan Race awhile back, and this is basically what his xrays looked like when it happened, and a few weeks later. This isn't miraculous, it's normal.

I didn't say being gay was "true", Jeff, only normal. The more people that do something, the more "normal" it is. So I am not sure what point you were trying to make here?

I bet if you quizzed most people, they would say they are no comfortable seeing any couple being affectionate in public. Which is quite dumb as long as they aren't being too racy, since you can just look away.... No one is forcing you to watch your gay neighbors make out, Jeff.

Yet they seem to think it is, since they turned away a couple because they didn't approve of their marriage. So again, which is it? If it isn't their business to approve of straight marriages, why is it their business to approve of gay marriage? You can't have it both ways.

It is hard for me to understand why someone would choose to discriminate against a gay couple. Especially since, as you say, it isn't their business to approve of a marriage before making a cake for one.
I don't mind Public Displays of Affection (PDA), if it is appropriate, otherwise they need to get a room.

Old 12-05-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Or stop demanding business service your immorality. We don't serve sin.

Old 12-05-2019, 08:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
You sin several times a day.

Old 12-05-2019, 09:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Probably Before he gets out of bed.

Old 12-05-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:

So now you are a doctor? Yea completely normal for torn tendons to just heal up that fast, huh? That's the problem with people like you. You will also search hard for anything you can come up with to poke holes of doubt in any evidence. It's a complete waste of time because you will NEVER admit you are wrong. And God is not going to waste His time trying to convince someone who has built up that much resistance and harden heart against Him. How sad that you HAVE to assume this girl is just lying in order to maintain your fantasy land.

Quote:

Don't weasel out of it. You used a common fallacy, claiming that the NUMBER of gay people proves it is normal. A majority number doesn't prove anything. IF a 100 million people started eating dogs, would that make it normal and moral? Oh go ahead and claim I said gay people are dog eaters. I know you will. You might as well add that would to the pile of lies.

Quote:

Sure they are. The gay agenda is making a point to inject homosexuality into just about every tv show on the planet now. You can't escape seeing it unless you go live off the grid

Quote:

Again, there is nothing immoral about a straight wedding. The gay couple is demanding that the business owner get involved in their immoral ceremony which is a great offense to the Lord they serve. Would you like the government to force you to do something you find immoral? I bet not. The whole discrimination act is nothing but pedestal posturing.

Old 12-05-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Probably Before he gets out of bed.
I don't want to know what he dreams about, there is enough absurdity when he is awake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity