Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2019, 11:38 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And as I said....no Christian here has said that being black or left-handed is sinful. To even bring this up is offensive. It's distracting.

I never went to Bob Jones. I'm not Catholic, nor do I know anyone that believes these things.

Bottom line is that it's a distraction. You and others on this thread are using this to try to make the case that all of us "evil fundies" believe that crap. Just stop. It's offensive and it's wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's also par for the course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No BF, Otis a comparison of inanities. Two of them are now recognized by everyone AS inanities. The third is still being promulgated by the willfully ignorant (read: blinded by prejudice). Ignorance and prejudice are losing tr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Pretending not to understand the point is his game. Why someone would willfully present themselves as stupider than they are to try to win an argument that's not being made in the first place is a mystery.
Ignorance breeds ignorance with gullible people, that's the only reason that I can see, other than out right lying through twisting the truth of what another has said? Apparently, it's what some fundamentalists do in order to maintain their particular view or perception.

Old 12-07-2019, 11:45 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Ignorance breeds ignorance with gullible people,
Pot....kettle.
Quote:

that's the only reason that I can see, other than out right lying through twisting the truth of what another has said? Apparently, it's what some fundamentalists do in order to maintain their particular view or perception.
We aren't the ones that support all sorts of crazy notions about men being born in women's bodies, or that God smiles on 2 men or 2 women having sex despite outright condemning it in Scripture. We aren't the ones that think drag queens reading to elementary kids is good, or an 11 year old drag queen, or that we should let our kids tell us that they need hormone therapy.

Fact is, we're not the ones suppressing truth. Yes, homosexuality is wrong. It's sinful.

NO, there is no cause for discrimination based on that. Now....go ahead and do what you do. Accuse me of hate, accuse me of wanting to stone, kill, or discriminate against gay people. Nevermind that I don't believe that. Nevermind the fact that to claim that would be a lie. It's what you do.

Old 12-07-2019, 12:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Pot....kettle.

We aren't the ones that support all sorts of crazy notions about men being born in women's bodies, or that God smiles on 2 men or 2 women having sex despite outright condemning it in Scripture. We aren't the ones that think drag queens reading to elementary kids is good, or an 11 year old drag queen, or that we should let our kids tell us that they need hormone therapy.

Fact is, we're not the ones suppressing truth. Yes, homosexuality is wrong. It's sinful.

NO, there is no cause for discrimination based on that. Now....go ahead and do what you do. Accuse me of hate, accuse me of wanting to stone, kill, or discriminate against gay people. Nevermind that I don't believe that. Nevermind the fact that to claim that would be a lie. It's what you do.
Your words paint a clear picture of the coldness of your heart and darkness of spirit.

I'm glad your kind will soon be just a vile memory.

Old 12-07-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you've come to that realization. I've never suggested such a thing, nor has any Chrsitian on this board that I've seen. So why would you mention that, if not for trying to suggest we're racists? That's offensive.

At this point, all the talk about sin and us stating Biblical truth about what God calls sin and doesn't call sin is a distraction. Let's just call it what it is. You and others seem to have this notion that if we say a behavior is sin, we see anyone that identifies with that sin is less than human. It's a fallacy. So far, it's gotten thousands of pages of bigoted condemnation of Christians. We see nonstop attacks on our religion. Just take an objective look at the titles for the threads and you'll agree with me. '

This is just stupid at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
What you seem to avoid is that the simple fact is that there are NO "Biblical truths." There is only YOUR interpretation. Many millions of Christians have interpretations different from yours. Every time you use phrases like that, you are implying that there is only one way to interpret the Bible, and that is just plain wrong.
Quote:
Why are you attacking our religion?

Weird how we all tend to agree on the important stuff.
Quote:
I'm not. How did you miss the part where I said "millions of Christians have interpretations different from yours?" Those millions are Christians too, even if you don't think so.
He falsely accuses people of attacking, when they merely disagree with him.

Old 12-07-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Pot....kettle.

Your hate and prejudices come through loud and clear, no one needs to accuse you.

Old 12-07-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Your hate and prejudices come through loud and clear, no one needs to accuse you.
As do your's. They're crystal clear to anyone that is objective.

Old 12-07-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
As do your's. They're crystal clear to anyone that is objective.
That leaves you out. (But be careful, you are posting on page 666, it might frighten you).

Old 12-07-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Wow. I'm not the one telling people that my mere opinion causes pain and suffering for people. That's you. You've done that on this thread. I'm not advocating anyone being mistreated, but you are saying that by virtue of me having an opinion, gay people are hurt.

You're not the only prejudiced one on this thread. There are several others, even more blatant than you.

Exhibit 1:

Quote:
I would rather be arrogant than ignorant and prejudice. So, let me just tell you the same thing that I told the Baptist: What it boils down to is interpretation, and I do not believe that the Scriptures are the end all of one's understanding. We should be growing and maturing, not remaining stagnant having no current or flow to life while waiting for a sign. What you constantly hear from the religious world of men, including that of yourself is this mentality of an "us" and "them." You use it to justify yourselves, yet you don't for a fraction of a second believe you are being self-righteous. Although you have created nothing but barriers, hostility, discrimination, and a love that has grown cold. Love does not seek its own survival, it reaches out to the marginalized, the hurting, depressed, lonely, the one's that are born differently. It doesn't build fences, hold grudges, condemn or otherwise abuse people mentally, emotionally or physically. It doesn't created division, separation, a less-than or greater than mentality. When you mouth the words "believer" or "non-believer" it makes me want to puke, as if you are something more special than a sparrow that has fallen to the ground.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Wow. I'm not the one telling people that my mere opinion causes pain and suffering for people. That's you. You've done that on this thread. I'm not advocating anyone being mistreated, but you are saying that by virtue of me having an opinion, gay people are hurt.

You're not the only prejudiced one on this thread. There are several others, even more blatant than you.

Exhibit 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade

I would rather be arrogant than ignorant and prejudice. So, let me just tell you the same thing that I told the Baptist: What it boils down to is interpretation, and I do not believe that the Scriptures are the end all of one's understanding. We should be growing and maturing, not remaining stagnant having no current or flow to life while waiting for a sign. What you constantly hear from the religious world of men, including that of yourself is this mentality of an "us" and "them." You use it to justify yourselves, yet you don't for a fraction of a second believe you are being self-righteous. Although you have created nothing but barriers, hostility, discrimination, and a love that has grown cold. Love does not seek its own survival, it reaches out to the marginalized, the hurting, depressed, lonely, the one's that are born differently. It doesn't build fences, hold grudges, condemn or otherwise abuse people mentally, emotionally or physically. It doesn't created division, separation, a less-than or greater than mentality. When you mouth the words "believer" or "non-believer" it makes me want to puke, as if you are something more special than a sparrow that has fallen to the ground.
I am not prejudice, nor do I hold it against someone for the way they were born. However, I do believe people need to stand-up, and oppose the ignorant mentality of fundamentalists such as yourself.

Old 12-07-2019, 03:01 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
I'm not. How did you miss the part where I said "millions of Christians have interpretations different from yours?" Those millions are Christians too, even if you don't think so.
How those millions of Christians interpret 1 Cor 6:9, and how do you know that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity