Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 04:28 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
there will never be a time period like this.

Plus, the bible says 'those times' will be like the days of noah...if that is true, there will alot of people who expect his return, point is, it wont be a surprise at all.

The more i think about it, i believe the bible is actually saying this day/ these times, will never happen...it just doesnt come right out and say it.
it will be to you! AND ABOUT 85% OR MORE OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE. MORE THAN 50% OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD..
IF IT IS 51% IT IS THE PREDOMINATE THEORY.. THAT "WHERE IS HIS COMING..2Pe 3:3

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

2Pe 3:4

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

2Pe 3:5

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

DON'T IT SOUND LIKE THIS THREAD?
MORE THAN 51% IS PREDOMINATE OF HIS CHURCH EVEN.. OR THOSE WHO SAY THEY ARE .... AND EVEN
THERE THE SCOFFERS TALK ABOUT "CREATION".. so he isn't' even talking about the worldly but the churches ....... and that is why 50% of his churches 5/10 are left outside..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-26-2019 at 04:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2019, 10:34 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
it will be to you! AND ABOUT 85% OR MORE OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE. MORE THAN 50% OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD..
IF IT IS 51% IT IS THE PREDOMINATE THEORY.. THAT "WHERE IS HIS COMING..2Pe 3:3

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

2Pe 3:4

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

2Pe 3:5

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

DON'T IT SOUND LIKE THIS THREAD?
MORE THAN 51% IS PREDOMINATE OF HIS CHURCH EVEN.. OR THOSE WHO SAY THEY ARE .... AND EVEN
THERE THE SCOFFERS TALK ABOUT "CREATION".. so he isn't' even talking about the worldly but the churches ....... and that is why 50% of his churches 5/10 are left outside..
Can you name the verse that is correct about the end times then? (as far was what the conditions on earth will be like)

One verse says it will be like the days of Noah before the flood, implying it will be VERY BAD, lots of evil, corruption, etc. So bad God had to shorten the days length!

But another verse says 'his return will come as a big surprise to everyone', like a thief in the night...implying conditions on the earth are mostly peaceful and secure (hence, there will not be many people expecting the 2nd coming at that point).

Old 09-27-2019, 08:00 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,829,894 times
Quote:
Can you name the verse that is correct about the end times then? (as far was what the conditions on earth will be like)

One verse says it will be like the days of Noah before the flood, implying it will be VERY BAD, lots of evil, corruption, etc. So bad God had to shorten the days length!

But another verse says 'his return will come as a big surprise to everyone', like a thief in the night...implying conditions on the earth are mostly peaceful and secure (hence, there will not be many people expecting the 2nd coming at that point).
There are a host of scriptures about End Times which have been accurately fulfilled for the first and only time during the the last 70-years, since 1948 when Israel was re-established as a nation.
(Israel in same boundaries as thousands of years ago, Jerusalem restored, massive Jewish migration back to Israel, Hebrew language revived, shekel restored as currency, knowledge abounding and people traveling like never before, etc.. And, of course, there are the ever-present wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, signs in the skies - increasing in intensity like birth pains.

There are also many scriptures about the attitudes of worldly people during the End Times. One that is particularly evident among the persistent Bible detractors who lean on human opinions, philosophies and polls, rather than Scripture, is I Timothy 4:3 --

"3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."

Ultimately, it's not about predicting dates, being right or even preparing for the final 7-years, none of which will matter. The End Times have never been closer and "will come as a thief in the night" and many will be unprepared, just as they were for the flood in Noah's day. But, whether they come during our individual lifetime or not is unimportant. The one thing that matters in this lifetime and the next - is whether we live our lives by faith in Jesus Christ, by whose very words (as recorded in Scripture), we will all be judged.

Old 09-28-2019, 03:50 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:

What I think is that the timing of the kingdom as predicted has been altered so people are not looking or understanding when and how GODS kingdom comes into being, the prophetic things in the Hebrew and Christian Scriptures do not stand alone, and need to be read in context with the other writings that they are associated with, there are so many SIGNS in the scriptures - the sun is not talking about the literal sun, the moon is not talking about the literal moon, the stars are not talking about the literal stars, the books supposedly written by a man called SAUL (PAUL) to the ROMANS is not talking to literal individuals

Rom 1:1 Paul, a slave of Jesus Christ, a called apostle, separated to the gospel of God,
Rom 1:2 which He promised before through His prophets in the holy Scriptures,
Rom 1:3 concerning His Son who came of the seed of David according to flesh,
Rom 1:4 who was marked out the Son of God in power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection of the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord;
Rom 1:5 by whom we received grace and apostleship to obedience of faith among all the nations, for His name's sake,
Rom 1:6 among whom are you also, called-out ones of Jesus Christ;
Rom 1:7 to all those who are in Rome, beloved of God, called-out saints: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

People are looking for a god/man who was a literal man called JESUS returning to physically take them to a literal heaven as an individual “spirit”

Whereas the New Testament is about the start of the kingdom of GOD, which was prophecied in the old scriptures.......

The writings we have are SPIRITUAL things written by prophets/mystics who were looking for the HEAVENLY kingdom they are all written in the same language by sign, allegory, metaphor that all the prophets/seers have used which are always misused by the scribes, prophets and priests

The religious people have literalised and separated the writings so there is a gross misunderstanding of the timing - the what/where/how/when the kingdom of GOD comes

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth;

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Rev 1:1 A Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Him to show to His slaves things which must occur quickly. And He signified by sending through His angel to His slave, John,
Rev 1:2 who testified of the Word of God and the witness of Jesus Christ
, even as many things as he saw.
Rev 1:3 Blessed is the one reading, and those hearing the Words of this prophecy, and keeping the things having been written; for the time is near.

Mat 11:12 But from the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of Heaven suffers violence, and the violent seize it.
Mat 11:13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John.

Mat 11:14 And if you are willing to receive, he is Elijah, the one going to come.
Mat 11:15 The one having ears to hear, let him hear.
Mat 11:16 But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like little children sitting in the markets, and calling to their mates,

Dan 7:17 These great beasts are four, four kings; they shall rise up out of the earth.
Dan 7:18 But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.
Dan 7:19 Then I wanted to know the truth of the fourth beast, which was different from all of them, very frightening, whose teeth were of iron and its nails bronze; who devoured and crushed, and trampled what was left with its feet,
Dan 7:20 also of the ten horns that were on its head, and the other which came up, and before whom three fell, even that horn that had eyes, and a mouth speaking great things, and its appearance was greater than his fellows.
Dan 7:21 I was looking, and that horn made war with the saints and overcame them,
Dan 7:22 until the Ancient of Days came. And judgment was given to the saints of the Most High, and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
Dan 7:23 And he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom on earth, which shall be different from all kingdoms, and shall devour all the earth, and shall trample it down and crush it.
Dan 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings; they shall rise, and another shall rise after them. And he shall be different from the first, and he shall humble three kings.
Dan 7:25 And he shall speak words against the Most High, and he shall wear out the saints of the Most High. And he intends to change times and law. And they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and one half time.
Dan 7:26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his rulership, to cut off and to destroy until the end.
Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and rulership, and the greatness of the kingdom under all the heavens shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. And all kingdoms shall serve and obey Him.
Dan 7:28 Until now is the end of the matter. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts terrified me much, and my face changed on me. But I kept the matter in my heart.

Old 09-28-2019, 04:15 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Antiochus came to change the times and seasons and failed to do so, but that is the goal of anti-Christ. Antiochus stood up the abomination of the desolation, the image.

He built a gymnasium where he sought to change the youth away from God's sabbaths and holy days and he sacrificed a swine.

His goal is to lead the children of Israel away from following God by changing the holy days, the times and seasons.

EVERYONE knows what day judgment day is, and everyone knows that the Lord will come like a thief to all people who do not know the times and seasons. Paul taught his Gentile disciples the times and the seasons and told them there is no way that the Lord could come as a thief to them as if they didn't know the appointed day, EVERYONE knew and does know the appointed day, the day no man shall speak of, and it isn't supposed to be spoken of because it is judgment against all Gentile nations. I say,'' Everyone,'' but what I mean is the people who love and practiced the same religion Jesus loved and practiced, and that is why Christians can never know the day no man knows, they don't know the religion of Christ, and as such, they don't see the myriad of phrases and idoms used in speaking of Rosh Hashanah. Christians speak of Rosh Hashanah everyday, and that is why it is so sad, they can't see what day they speak of because they simply don't know the times and seasons.

Revelation 1

''Everything written in the book must shortly come to pass.''

All the prophesies of the book must shortly take place and be fulfilled by the Gentiles who read and understand the book. The book is written to Gentiles just as the mission of Elijah and the mission of John had nothing to do with Jews.

Their mission is to the pagan Gentiles of Israel called the lost sheep of Israel. The lost ten tribes rejected God's worship system, adopted a pagan worship system and became the worst enemy to Jews, the worst enemy Judah ever had, and Paul was of Israel, not Judah.

When Jesus speaks of what Antiochus did by standing up the abomination of desolation, he makes it obvious that he isn't speaking of a real statue or a real temple.

He was going on and on how the body is a temple just like he said,'' Destroy this temple, and I will build it in 3 days.''

We are to see the abomination within ourselves, and Jesus is always telling us what we should do after we see it. The Christian Babylonian messiah has already changed the times and seasons, Christians follow him, and now they have no knowledge of the times and seasons. Two seasons, two rains, the coming of the Lord is as the rain, the spring rain and the fall rain.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-28-2019 at 04:24 PM..

Old 06-02-2020, 01:06 AM

709 posts, read 377,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
That doesn't make sense.

Thieves don't announce themselves. They are stealthy and quiet. In the quote above, the "Lord" isn't behaving like a thief. It's more like a pillager, seeking to lay waste to all and sundry.

The bible is weird. You can quote me.

It mean that the day will catch this world in unawares. So let us be ready for the return of our Lord Jesus so that we are no unawares, but prepared.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
It mean that the day will catch this world in unawares. So let us be ready for the return of our Lord Jesus so that we are no unawares, but prepared.
How in the world are you going to prepare for Rosh Hashanah when you probably dont even know the day or what is appointed to happen.

Those first disciples were taught the 7 feasts of Jesus and what they were appointed to do, Jesus COULD NOT COME ON THEM AS A THIEF, THEY KNEW THE DAY, THEY WERE TAUGHT THE TIMES AND SEASONS.

Old 06-02-2020, 03:36 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
How in the world are you going to prepare for Rosh Hashanah when you probably dont even know the day or what is appointed to happen.

Those first disciples were taught the 7 feasts of Jesus and what they were appointed to do, Jesus COULD NOT COME ON THEM AS A THIEF, THEY KNEW THE DAY, THEY WERE TAUGHT THE TIMES AND SEASONS.
The separation of day and night for me is a key thing

The day is light, truth, justice, mercy, goodness, self control, peace

The night is not any of those things, it is darkness and is all that the light/day is not

The way we prepare for the “kingdom” is seeking the things of the Spirit which is of the day - that way you are not surprised by the light, because you are already in the light (see John's letter)

The fire is essentially about light and heat and it dispels the darkness and coldness

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Joh 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
Joh 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Joh 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

While we are to seek knowledge and understanding and there is nothing wrong with trying to understand the signs, or seeking to know things intellectually, the Spirit is not essentially intellectual or sensual - the intellect and senses are part of the “earthy”

The only way we prepare for the “kingdom” is to keep the spirit in view when approaching the Scriptures, or any writings about sacred, religious things or in our approach to life generally

Last edited by Meerkat2; 06-02-2020 at 04:21 PM..

Old 06-02-2020, 05:50 PM

1,161 posts, read 466,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
There are a host of scriptures about End Times which have been accurately fulfilled for the first and only time during the the last 70-years, since 1948 when Israel was re-established as a nation.
I think your two posts have been right on the money. For the worldly, the sudden end will come like a thief in the night. To the believer who isn't watchful and prepared, it will likewise come like a thief in the night. I don't think "like a thief in the night" means the end won't be spectacular, but rather that it will be sudden and unexpected for those who aren't vigilant.

To the discerning believer, it won't come like a thief in the night. The discerning believer will have been watchful and prepared. When it comes, he or she will say "At last!" not "What's happening?" We don't know the day or hour, but we do know the signs.

The most significant clue Jesus gave was that the signs would be like birth pangs. As the birth pangs get stronger and closer together, the birth is imminent. As you point out, over the past 80 or so years (starting, I believe, with the Holocaust) the signs have come together and accelerated like never before.

I'm not one of those who tries to use Revelation as though it were a detailed road map, because that's not really the nature of the apocalyptic genre. I believe Matthew 24 and 2 Timothy 3, together with a general understanding of Revelation, give a discerning Christian all the guidance he or she needs.

All that being said, I first became a Christian in the heyday of Hal "The Late Great Planet Earth" Lindsey. We do have to be careful about making fools of ourselves and Christianity with wild predictions. (Not that it's stopped Hal, who's still going strong 50 years later at age 90.)

Old 06-04-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The separation of day and night for me is a key thing

The day is light, truth, justice, mercy, goodness, self control, peace

The night is not any of those things, it is darkness and is all that the light/day is not

The way we prepare for the “kingdom” is seeking the things of the Spirit which is of the day - that way you are not surprised by the light, because you are already in the light (see John's letter)

The fire is essentially about light and heat and it dispels the darkness and coldness

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Joh 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
Joh 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Joh 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

While we are to seek knowledge and understanding and there is nothing wrong with trying to understand the signs, or seeking to know things intellectually, the Spirit is not essentially intellectual or sensual - the intellect and senses are part of the “earthy”

The only way we prepare for the “kingdom” is to keep the spirit in view when approaching the Scriptures, or any writings about sacred, religious things or in our approach to life generally
What religion did you recieve a spirit from?

The spirit was given to people in Judaism who kept the feasts of God and thus obtained a spirit.

Gentiles were born with fallen spirits and they cant get a different spirit until they acknowledge the fallen spirit they now possess, and this can only be accomplished by accepting and walking in the feasts of Jesus.

Why do so many Christian's claim a holy spirit from a Jewish feast they teach others not to keep?

How many other religions do you guys claim to benifit from when you arent a part of the religion the gifts are given from?

Why cant Christian's understand just how bizarre it sounds for them to claim a power from a religion they arent in from a feast THEY LOATHE?

How bizarre is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity