Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2008, 03:26 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

NEW YORK - Addressing the clergy sex abuse crisis this week, Pope Benedict XVI said that it was more important to have good priests than many priests.

A top Vatican official now says the Roman Catholic Church is weighing a further change to clean up the clergy: revising church law so predators could be more easily removed.

Pope says Catholic church hopes to clean up priesthood (OneNewsNow.com) (http://www.onenewsnow.com/Headlines/Default.aspx?id=76864 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 05:19 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quoted:
A top Vatican official now says the Roman Catholic Church is weighing a further change to clean up the clergy: revising church law so predators could be more easily removed.

To me this should not even be a consideration or revising of any church law... If a priest or pastor has molested, he should be totally removed from the priesthood or pastoral position.

A man of God will not molest children.

Now if one does.... I'm not saying God doesn't forgive.
But what does the law do to a person who isn't a priest or clergyman that molest a child. He goes to jail....
Hello........ am I missing something here?

I'm not putting the Catholic church down, please don't take it that way...it could be any church. But I can not understand that statement taken from the article. There should be no second thoughts about it.

Blessings

Old 04-20-2008, 07:08 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
I applaud the Pope for his stance on ridding the priesthood of the sexual predators..He seemed to astonish everyone with his openess and concern about the many victims of abuse in this country at the hands of priests..He spoke with some of the victims..I like the compassion of this man..I don't think we will see an immediate change, but I feel this pope will make sure it happens..He knows there is a problem, he brought it out in the open instead of going to extremes to hide it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity