Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 05:53 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
Must One Believe God Came In The Flesh As Jesus To Be Saved?
Implied in the gospel of grace effective today (1Cor 15:1-4) is Jesus died bodily for our sins, was dead and buried and was resurrected on the third day. What is remarkable is what is NOT in the gospel. NO works or law. NO water baptism and NO speaking in tongues to identify believers. Jesus death paved the way for a FREE gift for us......I would not want to be the one putting up barriers to salvation..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2019, 07:33 AM

11,090 posts, read 7,154,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
What is remarkable is what is NOT in the gospel. NO works or law. NO water baptism and NO speaking in tongues to identify believers. Jesus death paved the way for a FREE gift for us......I would not want to be the one putting up barriers to salvation..........
Worth repeating

Yes, people should continuously be on guard as to what religion and religious folk readily and constantly throw in the paths of others. Junk that confuses, misleads, and acts as stumbling blocks for others. And the intent - even best intentions - doesn't excuse the actions and behaviors. Very simply, people are getting in the way of other's spiritual advancement. That's not something to take lightly.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 12-27-2019 at 07:49 AM..

Old 12-27-2019, 09:05 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Biblically speaking, to be saved, one must believe only that Jesus died for our sins. But while an objective believer should as he grows in knowledge come to see the Trinitarian aspect of God I don't believe that it is a prerequisite for being saved. Nowhere does it say in the Bible that you must believe that God is triune in order to be saved.
Well-stated.

I'd add that a sign of a true believer is one who is willing to learn, and change their opinion on who God is when they are showed that they have it wrong.

Old 12-27-2019, 09:39 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'd add that a sign of a true believer is one who is willing to learn, and change their opinion on who God is when they are showed that they have it wrong.
On that, we can agree.

Old 12-27-2019, 11:13 AM

3,220 posts, read 925,152 times
No.

“Anyone who hears my word and has faith in the one who sent me possesses eternal life. He does not come under condemnation but has passed from death to life.â€

Old 12-27-2019, 07:54 PM

998 posts, read 436,702 times
There are so many gods but there is only one true God. Do you agree with this statement?

Old 12-27-2019, 08:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Implied in the gospel of grace effective today (1Cor 15:1-4) is Jesus died bodily for our sins, was dead and buried and was resurrected on the third day. What is remarkable is what is NOT in the gospel. NO works or law. NO water baptism and NO speaking in tongues to identify believers. Jesus death paved the way for a FREE gift for us ...I would not want to be the one putting up barriers to salvation...
Yet, you desire a blood sacrifice to cover your sins?

Old 12-27-2019, 08:13 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Implied in the gospel of grace effective today (1Cor 15:1-4) is Jesus died bodily for our sins, was dead and buried and was resurrected on the third day. What is remarkable is what is NOT in the gospel. NO works or law. NO water baptism and NO speaking in tongues to identify believers. Jesus death paved the way for a FREE gift for us......I would not want to be the one putting up barriers to salvation..........

Old 12-27-2019, 08:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It was the faithfulness of the father that raised him from the dead, after humanity "crucified him."

Old 12-27-2019, 09:25 PM

998 posts, read 436,702 times
How do we know the true God? It is quite simple. The true God is not only omnipotent and omnipresent, but He is also omniscient, knowing everything, including what happened in the past and what will happen in the future. Romans 14:12 says, "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity