Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 10:11 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
That would make everyone Christ like... not Christian. In essence God's work would be successful.
Not sure what the distinction is that you are making between "Christ-like" and "Christian". Could you explain further?

I'm basing my conclusion on what the poster said: all we need is love. We've got that in spades, all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2020, 10:14 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Each of us have a paradigm we see the world through, both of spirituality and of faith. Not all of us are good at expressing what's in our heart, so we find comfort in scripture.

I can paint 'my' picture of what it's like to be Christ like. However I'd have to use the large box of crayola crayons, not good with paint. Probably look like a Picasso.

Old 02-05-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Each of us have a paradigm we see the world through, both of spirituality and of faith. Not all of us are good at expressing what's in our heart, so we find comfort in scripture.

I can paint 'my' picture of what it's like to be Christ like. However I'd have to use the large box of crayola crayons, not good with paint. Probably look like a Picasso.
Can you please tell me what your understanding is of the difference between being a Christian and being Christ-like?

Old 02-05-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Not sure what the distinction is that you are making between "Christ-like" and "Christian". Could you explain further?

I'm basing my conclusion on what the poster said: all we need is love. We've got that in spades, all of us.
Christ like does not require religion. When Jesus was ask about the greatest commandments what did he say? When asked what is perfect religion what did he say? We as humans always ask what's the best, the greatest, the highest, the biggest... when all we need to be is mustard seed.

Old 02-05-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I wonder if the OP could put into his own words what picture he was painting of his faith with the bible verses he quoted? I wonder if you could?

Mighty Queen, in my experience, does not rely on quoting scripture to give a statement of her faith. She lives it. Just the fact that she gives of her time by moderating here gives us a good picture of the fact that her faith includes serving others.
Should have included mensa in that statement.

Old 02-05-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Christ like does not require religion. When Jesus was ask about the greatest commandments what did he say? When asked what is perfect religion what did he say? We as humans always ask what's the best, the greatest, the highest, the biggest... when all we need to be is mustard seed.
You are saying that a Christian is simply a person with a religion, then? I don't think the poster was talking about religion when he said all that was needed to be a Christian is love.

Old 02-05-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Should have included mensa in that statement.
Well ... should they get a service pin?

Old 02-05-2020, 10:29 AM

4,143 posts, read 1,875,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You all may pick up your True Christian pins at the exit. Congratulations!
LOL! What do the Truest Christians get? Bumper stickers?

Old 02-05-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Well ... should they get a service pin?

You were replying to MQ's posts asking her to show us her faith. "Why is that hard?" you asked, implying that you thought it was hard for her. I'm saying, for her, it doesn't appear to be difficult at all. She lives her faith and demonstrates it daily. I'd say her responses in this thread also show us something about her faith that, personally, I find admirable: she doesn't believe it's good to exclude people from the love of God.

Old 02-05-2020, 10:39 AM

4,143 posts, read 1,875,193 times
Quote:
You were replying to MQ's posts asking her to show us her faith. "Why is that hard?" you asked, implying that you thought it was hard for her. I'm saying, for her, it doesn't appear to be difficult at all. She lives her faith and demonstrates it daily. I'd say her responses in this thread also show us something about her faith that, personally, I find admirable: she doesn't believe it's good to exclude people from the love of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity