Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 04:33 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,963,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDABaptist View Post
Like I said before. They attend church to ease their conscience. People find churches to fit their own views. They do not want to change. I never said God contradicts. I said the bible is merely a book. It becomes alive when Holy Spirit interacts. He will only give you so much anyway at one time. The proud receive nothing.
I find the ^ above ^ to be in harmony with 1st Timothy 4:1-3; 2nd Timothy 4:3-4 about people choosing to have spiritual teachers just to have their own ' ears tickled '. Such proud people can crave to be admired or even adored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2020, 04:41 PM

492 posts, read 234,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find the ^ above ^ to be in harmony with 1st Timothy 4:1-3; 2nd Timothy 4:3-4 about people choosing to have spiritual teachers just to have their own ' ears tickled '. Such proud people can crave to be admired or even adored.
Proud folks receive no grace. Grace is only given to the humble. Most think it is unmerited. Scripture says otherwise.

Jas 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble

Old 02-09-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Is the bigger question.... "how does God identify me"? I like how God sent an angel to Gideon and identified him MUCH differently than he viewed himself. God "declares" who Gideon is: "mighty warrior" and Gideon saw himself weak, least in his own family. God creates us with a true sense of identity.
Judges chapters 6 & 7
I suppose one way God I.D.'s us is by how we react to Scripture.
Kind of like the Bible's words are a mirror reflecting back to us.
It is a blessing when God draws a person into a relationship with Him - John 6:44.
But that relationship can be compromised if we become part of the world (of badness ) - John 17:16
Jesus was No part of the world and instructed his followers to do likewise.
Jesus and his 1st-century followers were ' neutral ' ( Not taking sides ) in the world's issues of the day.
Doing what is scripturally right might be a challenge, or seem like an inconvenience - Hebrews 10:24-26; Matthew 24:14.
If we do what Jesus says about enduring to the end at Matthew 24:13 then Christian I.D. can stay in tact.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDABaptist View Post
Proud folks receive no grace. Grace is only given to the humble. Most think it is unmerited. Scripture says otherwise.
Jas 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble
I suppose one can describe the figurative haughty ' goats ' at the soon coming time of Matthew 25:31-33 as being 'proud '.
God only knows the proud from a distance as per Psalm 138:6 B.
Whereas, the figurative humble ' sheep ' will be placed at the right hand of favor - Matthew 25:37.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:57 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
We are created with an identity before we have a name, or need God's grace. Our identity is in line with God's purpose for us, within His plan.

Gideon is a perfect example.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:22 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,311 times
Post tell the truth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
You love God, what is the gospel He wants you to believe?

To always tell the truth

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
John 16:13 (NKJV)

"But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the kingdom of God."
Luke 9:27 (NKJV)

15 So the king said to him, "How many times shall I make you swear that you tell me nothing but the truth in the name of the Lord?"
2 Chron 18:15 (NKJV)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity