Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 09:56 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Any and all self-aggrandizers who believe they are special to our God are misguided by their ego and insecurities into a comforting delusion that belies our status as children of God. God has no favorites.
Yeah they told Jesus that also.

“If they have kept my word they will keep your word.”

Why? Because they’re the same words!

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 10:50 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If the Titanic sunk in this generation, would there be justice for third class passengers?
I suppose, what does a person class as being 3rd class __________________
There are three classes mentioned in Scripture:
Thus, it depends on which order you put the classes.
Acts 24:15 mentions a resurrection for two classes being both the righteous and unrighteous.
Whereas, Psalm 92:7 mentions a 3rd class who are the 'wicked who are destroyed forever'.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:54 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
I am sure there will be plenty of good wine for everyone.
I find Micah 4:4 lets us know there will be plenty of wine for everyone because each person will have his own 'vine'.....

Old 02-12-2020, 06:49 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
We are not born children of wrath, nor filthy sinners...
My mouth is still dropped, Jerwade..."children of wrath"...oh my goodness.

Hey Mystic, question...it always seemed to me there are more special ones around...tho, the Father loves all His
children, sure, 'the sun shines on the criminal and the saint just the same" and wants everyone's well-being and their love.
But, David, Mary stand out...certainly Enoch and Jesus...right?
That darn David, , could do anything and not lose favor with God, as the story goes.
Comment? Thanks

Old 02-12-2020, 07:14 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Personally, I go with the things Jesus taught and the tutelage of the Holy Spirit He has provided me.
I do not trust the things men teach, particularly those things plucked out of context they use to suit their own agendas.
Jesus said, "Not every one that says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven but He that does the will of the Father."
One cannot know the will of the Father with out the Holy Spirit Jesus provides.
Salvation is not a matter of what you think of God, but what God thinks of you.
One with out God's govern, has no place in God's kingdom.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:56 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
My mouth is still dropped, Jerwade..."children of wrath"...oh my goodness.
Hey Mystic, question...it always seemed to me there are more special ones around...tho, the Father loves all His
children, sure, 'the sun shines on the criminal and the saint just the same" and wants everyone's well-being and their love.
But, David, Mary stand out...certainly Enoch and Jesus...right?
That darn David, , could do anything and not lose favor with God, as the story goes.
Comment? Thanks
Miss H., my perspective does not acknowledge separateness within the unified field that is God. We are all part of God, so asking if God prefers anyone over anyone else is like asking if God prefers his big toe over His thumb, IMO.

Old 02-12-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Miss H., my perspective does not acknowledge separateness within the unified field that is God. We are all part of God, so asking if God prefers anyone over anyone else is like asking if God prefers his big toe over His thumb, IMO.
Thanks for getting back...of course I understand that.

I like my feet better than my knees, I do! The City architect of *blank*, said to me on the beach...
'Thank God you have pretty feet'...he was turned off to some feet...I am , too.

Does God love a spider, a heroin addict and a beauty queen equally...yes...
But did He love Enoch , Mary and David more? Did they please Him more? Did they bring Him more pleasure?
I say...They sure did!!! If the stories have any truth in them.

Did Krishna prefer the 12 milk maidens over others? He obviously did! Radha over them all! ? Oh, yeah!

Does God's Divine Light or His essence change being pleased with one over another?
I say, no.
But, from my experience of 'Him' being Pure Heart and nothing if not pure feeeeelings...
it is obvious His love doesnt change...but, He is pleased by some things more than others...not
changing Him or His Love, tho.

I have one body...I prefer a shoulder rub over a pinch on my arm...I do.

Just another perspective...funny how different they can be! Always good chatting with you, I expect it entertains others, ha!

Old 02-12-2020, 03:32 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Thanks for getting back...of course I understand that.

I like my feet better than my knees, I do! The City architect of *blank*, said to me on the beach...
'Thank God you have pretty feet'...he was turned off to some feet...I am , too.

Does God love a spider, a heroin addict and a beauty queen equally...yes...
But did He love Enoch , Mary and David more? Did they please Him more? Did they bring Him more pleasure?
I say...They sure did!!! If the stories have any truth in them.

Did Krishna prefer the 12 milk maidens over others? He obviously did! Radha over them all! ? Oh, yeah!

Does God's Divine Light or His essence change being pleased with one over another?
I say, no.
But, from my experience of 'Him' being Pure Heart and nothing if not pure feeeeelings...
it is obvious His love doesnt change...but, He is pleased by some things more than others...not
changing Him or His Love, tho.

I have one body...I prefer a shoulder rub over a pinch on my arm...I do.

Just another perspective...funny how different they can be! Always good chatting with you, I expect it entertains others, ha!
I see where the confusion lies, Miss H. Like most people you conflate the person with their actions. They are not the same. Actions are episodic and the result of myriad circumstances and forces. Unlike we flawed humans, God loves each person equally irrespective of their actions (works).

Old 02-12-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I see where the confusion lies, Miss H.
Like most people you conflate the person with their actions. They are not the same.
Actions are episodic and the result of myriad circumstances and forces.
Unlike we flawed humans, God loves each person equally irrespective of their actions (works).
Yes...I thought that was what I said.

Old 02-12-2020, 07:14 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,152 times
Quote:
I see where the confusion lies, Miss H. Like most people you conflate the person with their actions. They are not the same. Actions are episodic and the result of myriad circumstances and forces. Unlike we flawed humans, God loves each person equally irrespective of their actions (works).
Jesus and the prophets before Him say otherwise. You follow something you have made up. You speak on your own.

“Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.”

“The Lord hears the prayer of the righteous but He is far from the wicked.”

“The Lord guides the humble to righteousness and He teaches the meek His way”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity